Just renewed and thought id try 4 and …

Gary N

just renewed and thought id try board 4 just tried to set it up on a completely new host and domain. I had to reset my url in the client area.

Half way through install I got a timeout connection was reset.

Now when I try to complete it I receive

“An installation has already been activated for this license key. Your license key entitles you to one installation only. If you need to change the URL associated with your license, contact IPS technical support. “

on the licence part of the install. Although the board installation isnt complete. I cant access the board to attempt to reinstall?

Ideas ? Ive put a ticket in but they stating upto 8 days for a install ticket?

You are just running up against the license limitations, that's all.

I'm betting you already have a real site up and running somewhere with your license key. so that's why you get shut down.

If, when entering your license key on your IPS 4 install you add -TESTINSTALL to the end of it - it will look like XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXx-TESTINSTALL or whatever, you will get through the installation process.

Also, check your client area. You are allowed a single internet accessible test site but you do need to provide the location for it (web addess) in the client area. Again, you might get through the installation just with the -TESTINSTALL but eventually you will throw license warnings (shutdown?) if the web directory doesn't match.

You will need to after-the-fact lock down access to this test install as it is not to be publicly accessible (so throw a password on the web directory or something).

You can also install an unlimited number of copies on your own computer/s by, again, appending -TESTINSTALL to your license key on installation, and having the server name be LOCALHOST. If you have WAMP installed on your notebook or whatever this is the way to go for dev/testing.

Please ensure that the directory and URL are the exact same after your first install attempt. If anything is slightly different, including HTTP vs. HTTPS or vice versa, then the license will not like it and throw the error. Please submit a ticket if you're having any issues and we can help you resolve them.

Currently I do not have an active boared anyway using my license key but I will try the testing install to try and get through the installation process also I've checked the client area and already states that  they moved my name is the registered site for the license 

my old board and hosting went down about two years ago

if i added the test install after the end of my key. so long as the domain in client area is pointed at the same domain will it stay live? as i didnt want to start configuring it only for it to go down? as it thinks its a test site

Archived