Account Deactivation

MADMAN32395

So there was the 3rd party application, but now it's gone. What would be legit is if IPS implemented a way in Core for users to deactivate or even elect to delete their account with both approval of selected staff or even automatically with email validation.  not gonna reexplain how deactivation works, as most sites already have it such as majority of Social Networks.

The MP Application was something in my opinion that should have been built into core but wasn't. It would be nice to see since 4.2 is supposed to be more community feature based IIRC?

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, jacboy said:

What about a ban?

a ban is a ban?

Just now, jacboy said:

What should deactivation do?

Makes the user account inaccessible to other users, can be seen by staff. Account owner can't access their account unless reactivated. PMs and emails (including bulk) cannot be sent to this user. Can hide contributed material such as posts , gallery, files, etc (with option to pick and choose what to keep and what to hide / delete)

This was the addon...

It was (is) an excellent addon - there were rules that would deactivate a member's account after a set period of inactivity, move them to a group, and send them an email so they can reactivate their account (moving them back to their old group), and after another period of inactivity, delete any accounts that still did not see any activity.

From what I've been told, the developer doesn't plan on remaking this for 4.x, but suggested the excellent Automation Rules addon could accomplish the same thing:

Someone could theoretically create a Rules package addon for this that accomplishes what the old addon did and sell it...

While good options. I can see the after x inactivity part being a setting instead ofna core feature of the feature request.

As for the rules app, I guess that's a OK bandage, but I think would be still best suited for core feature.

There used have a 4.x app that did what the feature request is looking for, but has since been removed/hidden from MP. Core could work them a lot better.

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived