Jump to content

Cloud service wit ftp and cpanel access


Recommended Posts

On 8/7/2016 at 7:46 AM, AndyF said:

I'd think if there was a pressing need to upload a file or have an edit performed (say for example the client wishes to add some lines to a .htaccess file) then I'd recommend a support ticket to be opened and a technician may be able to assist with this...

yea i did that.. and rhett said single php files are not allowed to upload.  I dont know what the big deal was... if would have let me upload the postloop file and the forum wheel file i would jave kept the cloud... It really sucked cause i needed those files and he wouldnt do it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, I'm sorry for any confusion here, our cloud communities only allow our software, we don't allow any stand alone php files or this party scripts. You would need to create whatever is needed as a plugin or application for our software in this case. 

Thank you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Rhett said:

Hello, I'm sorry for any confusion here, our cloud communities only allow our software, we don't allow any stand alone php files or this party scripts. You would need to create whatever is needed as a plugin or application for our software in this case. 

Thank you 

well .. it was made for ipb.. i dont see what the problem is.  Comet chat was not a plugin but allowed.  that is the same for postloop.  I hope you guys reconsider.. so i can use your cloud.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Rhett said:

To clarify, we don't allow the stand alone version of cometchat, they do however have a cloud version for our cloud customers here if anyone would like to use it https://www.cometchat.com/ipb-cloud-chat

 

Thank you again. 

 why is the reason you dont allow uploads of anything?

1 hour ago, Simon Woods said:

As a CitC customer, I'm not interested in letting people do whatever they want. I want IPS to keep a tight grip on everything, with organised systems used to integrate with CitC, rather than a bunch of random customers who could do who-knows-what and risk the stability and security of my site.

Yea ok.. you dont like freedom.. good for u buddy... anyways....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

11 minutes ago, ResPecT My Authoritah said:

 why is the reason you dont allow uploads of anything?

Yea ok.. you dont like freedom.. good for u buddy... anyways....

stability and security and performance . ^_^ 

 

1 hour ago, Simon Woods said:

As a CitC customer, I'm not interested in letting people do whatever they want. I want IPS to keep a tight grip on everything, with organised systems used to integrate with CitC, rather than a bunch of random customers who could do who-knows-what and risk the stability and security of my site.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ResPecT My Authoritah said:

yea but atleast you guys should check the file out and if its not going to affect stability and security.. you should upload it for the customer...

Cause just because you guys didnt upload it for me you lost me as acustomer for cloud services.

the rules/terms & conditions are clear given from IPS as well Rhett has given more often the information that it is not possible - because for every file what you upload to a cloud system as offered from IPS can decrease stability, security and performance - every admin of an own server knows this as well every hoster.

And a check of every 3rd party file what you want to upload trough IPS is more then to much work - cloud prices would increase into a level what nobody cannot pay for

better you look for a own hoster and install then there everything what you like also with IPS system where is a lot possible
you will find a lot of managed systems at the market 

IPS cloud service is for clients perfect, who are happy with offers from market place as it is, or what is in ACP edits possible 

Edited by m@t
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Management

The cloud service is not traditional web "hosting." If you have the need to still upload files, hacks, etc. outside of IPS4, you'd be better off using a traditional host. Our service is geared as a Software as a Service and providing FTP, etc. is dramatic and unnecessary. We provide a rock solid, turnkey platform. One of the only requirement is anything you run must be installed via the AdminCP. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, m@t said:

the rules/terms & conditions are clear given from IPS as well Rhett has given more often the information that it is not possible - because for every file what you upload to a cloud system as offered from IPS can decrease stability, security and performance - every admin of an own server knows this as well every hoster.

And a check of every 3rd party file what you want to upload trough IPS is more then to much work - cloud prices would increase into a level what nobody cannot pay for

better you look for a own hoster and install then there everything what you like also with IPS system where is a lot possible
you will find a lot of managed systems at the market 

IPS cloud service is for clients perfect, who are happy with offers from market place as it is, or what is in ACP edits possible 

I just said you could check it for stability problems... so that doesn't make sense

18 hours ago, Lindy said:

The cloud service is not traditional web "hosting." If you have the need to still upload files, hacks, etc. outside of IPS4, you'd be better off using a traditional host. Our service is geared as a Software as a Service and providing FTP, etc. is dramatic and unnecessary. We provide a rock solid, turnkey platform. One of the only requirement is anything you run must be installed via the AdminCP. 

You the CEO.. but im just saying.. by not allowing the upload.. which would not affect and kind of performance to the site.. You lost me as a customer to the cloud...  There are other people who would like ftp access so I figured I speak for everyone and say somthing about it thats all.

 

But anyways.. thanks for the input.

 

Sorry guys I tried.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, ResPecT My Authoritah said:

I just said you could check it for stability problems... so that doesn't make sense

i understand for 100% what you want from IPS, but the decision of IPS is here, that they only accept files which are 100% clean & familiar with the code or which are on base of the IPS code (what is at 95%, or more of marketplace files) and not any conflict can happen - i can understand this in some parts too but also your opinion (my personal needs are also others then the cloud services & to expensiv for that what i get) - IPS want an easy handling & straight-lined performance

I have also my own server, because you get the most power out of the box and you can change everything what you like & modifiy in codes/files - if you invest 20-30 €/$ per month you will find good performance offers, it also depends on your needs  - also the system & files are very very easy to handle

Edited by m@t
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, m@t said:

i understand for 100% what you want from IPS, but the decision of IPS is here, that they only accept files which are 100% clean & familiar with the code or which are on base of the IPS code (what is at 95%, or more of marketplace files) and not any conflict can happen - i can understand this in some parts too but also your opinion (my personal needs are also others then the cloud services & to expensiv for that what i get) - IPS want an easy handling & straight-lined performance

I have also my own server, because you get the most power out of the box and you can change everything what you like & modifiy in codes/files - if you invest 20-30 €/$ per month you will find good performance offers, it also depends on your needs  - also the system & files are very very easy to handle

Do you have any good suggestions.. im using tmd right now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ResPecT My Authoritah said:

Do you have any good suggestions.. im using tmd right now

regrettably i cannot assist you with suggestions - i come from Europa & i thought i have read in other topics, that you are from US, where you need an offer - sorry :( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Management
On 8/11/2016 at 5:31 AM, ResPecT My Authoritah said:

You the CEO.. but im just saying.. by not allowing the upload.. which would not affect and kind of performance to the site.. You lost me as a customer to the cloud...  There are other people who would like ftp access so I figured I speak for everyone and say somthing about it thats all.

We have a rock solid platform and a large part of that beyond our experience and investment in infrastructure is because we control the environment and don't allow tinkering or outside, non-IPS influences. Frankly, we're ok losing the market that wants FTP as historically, they're unfortunately the ones that introduce stability problems for other clients. We are aiming to be a Software as a Service (SaaS) provider and not a web host. 

I appreciate you giving the CiC consideration and sorry it wasn't a better fit for you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...