Background process - moving members - unlimited %

waccoe.com

Hi,

Yesterday I ran a query which picked up around 22 community members. I selected 'Move Members' and chose the new group.

The background process has been running ever since and the percentage is increasing all the time, it has been running for nearly 24hrs so far. Please see below image.

Has anyone come across this before or could someone offer some advice please?

Thanks.

sLN4WPD.png

I'd guess there might be other processes being performed as it should not take long to move some members, the manual query to move them is quite simple.

I'd suggest clicking that 'manually run them now' to see if that speeds things up.

I can only assume (without seeing it) there are other background tasks such as rebuilding data going on.

If you're not sure, please submit a ticket in the Client Area

@MattLx

Set your forum server environment Run via Cron. Make sure your cron (syntax is available when you click the Run via Cron from Advanced Configuration in ACP) is running before enabling this feature. Do NOT enable the forum server environment Run via Cron unless your cron is running properly on your web server.

Once done, enable the Run via Cron from Advanced Configuration in ACP and check if the process has been taken by the cron. Also check in Tasks (search in ACP: Tasks) that the bit queue is running every minute. Sometimes that bit is locked and you need to enable that but pressing the Unlock icon.

If the processes are running fine, then OK; else raise a ticket with IPS and they will surely help you out to resolve this matter.

19 hours ago, AndyF said:

I'd guess there might be other processes being performed as it should not take long to move some members, the manual query to move them is quite simple.

If you look at the image it tells you the task is 216216852.17% done and there is no other background tasks listed (The picture displays the entire background processes box). He also mentioned the percentage increases all the time, so the task is obviously running and something is obviously wrong with it for him. 

MattLx: You should submit a ticket if you haven't already done so and still have the issue. 

16 minutes ago, TSP said:

If you look at the image it tells you the task is 216216852.17% done and there is no other background tasks listed (The picture displays the entire background processes box). He also mentioned the percentage increases all the time, so the task is obviously running and something is obviously wrong with it for him. 

MattLx: You should submit a ticket if you haven't already done so and still have the issue. 

Thanks all. Submitted a ticket and tech support have sorted the issue ^_^

They said it is a known bug and there is a fix in the new release.

Archived