class cSignedOut & cSignedIn .. improve CSS functionality

不中用

@Rikki

now cSignedOut & cSignedIn classes are only in the #ipsLayout_header .. it would be more useful if it is also existing in #ipsLayout_body ..

For the moment only cSignedOut is used 1 time ..

If it was possible to do #ipsLayout_body . cSignedOut in CSS then we could do much more in the front depending if users are logged in or not ..

ex. like adjusting store layout for guest only ( price tags ) .. or accentuate more areas all over the site for guests only ..

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I think what you really want is for them to add for example ipsLoggedIn to the body classes. 

Currently it can look like this: 

<body class="ipsApp  ipsCommunity ipsApp_front ipsJS_has ipsClearfix" ...>

But they could have it be this for logged in members: 

<body class="ipsApp  ipsCommunity ipsApp_front ipsLoggedIn ipsJS_has ipsClearfix" ...>

I agree.

(Or have it be a data-attribute on the body class that is data-loggedIn="true/false" for example)

I've used the same class names IPS already coded ..

I've adjusted the globalTemplate ..

From this ..

<main role='main' id='ipsLayout_body' class='ipsLayout_container'>

To this ..

<main role='main' id='ipsLayout_body' class='ipsLayout_container {{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id }}cSignedIn{{else}}cSignedOut{{endif}}'>

So everywhere on the site I can use CSS like this ..

#ipsLayout_body.cSignOut [[some other value here]] {
}

To distinguish guests from logged in members/clients ..

Yes, I realize that. But if they choose to add this idea to the core, then it wouldn't make sense in my opinion to apply such a class to the "limited" scope of ipsLayout_body, when this is a type of information it makes sense to have available in the global scope of the entire document that can be styled with CSS (meaning the body-element)

You would then do things like body.loggedIn [[some other value here]] { in the CSS (instead of how you've done it)

A class name like "cSignOut" signifies the meaning that it has something to do with an element that lets you sign out, while a class name like isLoggedIn / loggedIn, would better communicate that it represents a certain state that can be applied to the whole page. 

To clarify; I'm not opposed to the general idea of what you propose, I'm only detailing what I think would be a more sensible implementation of your suggestion.

3 minutes ago, TSP said:

Yes, I realize that. But if they choose to add this idea to the core, then it wouldn't make sense in my opinion to apply such a class to the "limited" scope of ipsLayout_body, when this is a type of information it makes sense to have available in the global scope of the entire document that can be styled with CSS (meaning the body-element)

You would then do things like body.loggedIn [[some other value here]] { in the CSS (instead of how you've done it)

A class name like "cSignOut" signifies the meaning that it has something to do with an element that lets you sign out, while a class name like isLoggedIn / loggedIn, would better communicate that it represents a certain state that can be applied to the whole page. 

To clarify; I'm not opposed to the general idea of what you propose, I'm only detailing what I think would be a more sensible implementation of your suggestion.

even better  ^_^

Archived