Social & Contact Sidebar

CinemaVision

About This File

Social & Contact Sidebar for IPS4 enables you to have a definitive social presence on every page of your website, with complete control over the look & feel of the sidebar. It’s the most advanced, aesthetically pleasing, easy to use plugin available for integrating your favorite social media networks into the IPS suite. The buttons are designed to be links to your various social media and contact pages, and not sharing links.

Features

Social & Contact Sidebar gives you control over the colors and icons used on your sidebar using Font Awesome icons. The sidebar comes with 27 available buttons including social buttons for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, Delicious, Instagram, Flickr, Tumblr, Snapchat, WhatsApp, DeviantArt, Dribbble, Behance, Reddit, Digg, YouTube, Vimeo, Vine, Twitch, Steam, and GitHub as well as advanced buttons including a Print button, a fully configurable Email button, a Contact button that directs users to the Contact page of your IPS suite, and a Support button that directs users to the Support page of your IPS suite. All social buttons have been configured with the correct color for each network, and are completely configurable.

You can choose from several different options to customize the look and feel of your sidebar in addition to the color of the buttons and icons. You can also choose to display your sidebar on the left or right side of the website, choose the vertical position and animation of your sidebar, and even set outline and shadow options to make your sidebar even more unique.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, armypolice_UK said:

@CinemaVision it would be nice if there's an option to make the icons and random links and pick what side you want the social bar

We have plans to eventually add a number of custom links, but currently you can almost accomplish this just by changing the link, icon and color to whatever you want. The only thing you can't currently change is the tooltip on hover. The tooltip will still be for one of the social sites, but everything else can be customized. You can already pick which side you want the sidebar to be on. ^_^

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 06/12/2016 at 5:35 AM, CinemaVision said:

That's a great idea, and I'll add it to our list of features to add. Thanks for the suggestion!

Did you manage to look into this at all? I'm eagerly looking for something like this.

I'm sure other IPS clients would find it useful and the feature may bring in more purchases. :)

On 1/16/2017 at 9:07 PM, Joey_M said:

Did you manage to look into this at all? I'm eagerly looking for something like this.

I'm sure other IPS clients would find it useful and the feature may bring in more purchases. :)

We haven't started new development on Social & Contact Sidebar yet. Once we've finished other commitments, we'll be adding this and a few other features in. :)

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

We have added this to https://www.walkingfootball.com/

We have added twitter, facebook, tumblr and instagram urls into your plugin but nothing is showing up on either custom or default theme

Hey there! What version of IPS are you currently running? It's possible (but unlikely) that other plugins are conflicting with SCSB, what other plugins do you have installed? I've seen in the past where clearing the site cache fixes issues like this, so run the support wizard and choose Something isn't working correctly. You'll also want to make sure that the plugin is Enabled.

I have found the plugin that caused the problem and have messaged them

However found another issue - on small screens like my phone, your social icons sit over and cover a section of the forum

On my phone holding it horizontally your icons hide the back to top button

Is this supposed to how it works?

It's not really ideal for a responsive theme.

1 hour ago, Unlucky said:

I have found the plugin that caused the problem and have messaged them

However found another issue - on small screens like my phone, your social icons sit over and cover a section of the forum

On my phone holding it horizontally your icons hide the back to top button

Is this supposed to how it works?

It's not really ideal for a responsive theme.

Which plugin was the culprit? That's a fair point about small screens. Would a setting that disables the sidebar on mobile be what you're looking for? Users can always hide the sidebar by clicking the top button.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, tplinkforumpl said:

I installed Social & Contact Sidebar 1.0.3 on to IPS 4.1.19.2 and I can see any sidebar on my form. What I'm doing wrong? Plugin is enabled. 

Hey there! Thanks for the purchase! Make sure that you set your social sites in the plugins settings. The buttons remain hidden by default when they have no values entered in the settings.

8 hours ago, tplinkforumpl said:

Yes I have it. Is not a permissions issue?

There aren't really any permissions that need to be changed from the default. The sidebar is visible to everyone when it's installed. In the past, when I see issues with things displaying on my site, the problem resolves when I clear the site cache from the AdminCP. To do that, browse to System > Support > Support in the AdminCP. Now click Something isn't working correctly, and hit the Continue button. When the checks run, your site cache will be cleared.

On 5/10/2017 at 9:02 PM, AmbitionEra said:

Found the issue. It doesn't work with matter theme and it doesn't work on pages besides the forum page? How can this issue be fixed.

Hey there! If it's working on all pages of the default theme, and not working in an installed theme, you'll need to reach out to the developer of your theme and have them standardize their theme.

Archived