Post Highlight Colour Per Forum

BN_IT_Support

The new option in 4.1.13 to highlight the forum posts made by members of specific groups is great, except when you have private forums for those specific groups - such as admin and moderator discussion forums, when it can all get a bit too colourful.

This plugin enables you to choose on which forums you want to display the highlighting, based either on a whitelist or blacklist.

On 11/7/2016 at 0:28 PM, Janyour said:

hello, thanks for the share, can you explain more please about this app ?

You know the new feature that came with 4.1.13 where you could make a groups posts highlighted in a different color set in the theme? (Read this topic: https://invisionpower.com/news/post-color-highlight-r974)

Now imagine if you have a staff forum which only staff members had access to, and all the staff member groups had the highlight post feature enabled in their group settings. Imagine how colorful the topics in that forum would be as only staff members would be able to post. With this mod you can disable that forum from using the post highlight function! ^_^

On 7/10/2016 at 7:02 AM, Edward Shephard said:

The new option in 4.1.13 to highlight the forum posts made by members of specific groups is great, except when you have private forums for those specific groups - such as admin and moderator discussion forums, when it can all get a bit too colourful.

This plugin enables you to choose on which forums you want to display the highlighting, based either on a whitelist or blacklist.

Thanks for the feature :)!

Any chance you could make it a toggle on the editor for the staff member to decide when to use?

chrome_2016-07-13_23-54-27.png

Next to Notify me of Replies. Something like "Use Staff Voice" or some such.

I tried to install this plugin. It went into a loop where it would install itself several times until had to close the browser tab to stop it. Then when I checked the plugins list, it showed that it was installed 7 times. I uninstalled 6 of the duplicates, kept one, and now I have no idea how to use it. Where do I select the groups? All it shows is this:

9.jpg

39 minutes ago, Elena-Viorica said:

I tried to install this plugin. It went into a loop where it would install itself several times until had to close the browser tab to stop it. Then when I checked the plugins list, it showed that it was installed 7 times. I uninstalled 6 of the duplicates, kept one, and now I have no idea how to use it. Where do I select the groups? All it shows is this:

9.jpg

It looks like it hasn't installed correctly as you don't have the language strings.  I'd uninstall it completely and try again from scratch.

I'd like this new feature to be done per user group too. Admins red you'll be highlighted red, Moderators in Yellow etc. Instead of 1 standard colour for all Staff.

I could edit Admin group, set the colour/or use the group colour. Same goes for other groups too.

10 minutes ago, CP_User said:

I'd like this new feature to be done per user group too. Admins red you'll be highlighted red, Moderators in Yellow etc. Instead of 1 standard colour for all Staff.

I could edit Admin group, set the colour/or use the group colour. Same goes for other groups too.

I have been thinking about that as well, although it may have a small charge.

1 hour ago, Edward Shephard said:

It looks like it hasn't installed correctly as you don't have the language strings.  I'd uninstall it completely and try again from scratch.

It's not installing. The little wheel of the installation process goes into an infinite loop and it installs several times but incorrectly. It seems to be incompatible with my forum for some reason.

On 14/7/2016 at 2:33 PM, CP_User said:

A lot of people have been wanting this, so different staff groups could have different post colors. But I think it should be an entire new plugin for this feature for multiple group colors..

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
21 hours ago, JwilsonVW said:

Does this plugin work with 4.2.7? I thought the issue might be with my modified theme, but even testing it on default, blacklisted forums and subforums still show the post highlighting.

It should but may need updating but will check and update you shortly.

Archived