Kitchen Sink

4 minutes ago, All Astronauts said:

Oh there will be needs for tweaks and such. New stuff will be added, other stuff removed. I will be changing KS into a multi-plugin model though. One for core, one for forums, one for blogs, etc. People can just pick and choose which ones to use.

Slayyyyy. Will this be available for members who purchased already? 

• 4 weeks later...
Allow topic authors to edit their initial posts regardless of any ACP settings?

Note that both the content of the post and the title will be editable.

This setting really sucks if a topic was started by a person who has since deleted their account. Means GUESTS can EDIT the INITIAL POST

ARGH!!!

I had hundreds of old threads destroyed by guests who turned them into Chinese writing.

Please @Flitterkill make this not apply to guests! 🙂

Thank you 🙂

Edited by SJ77
  • 1 month later...

FYI the above hitch was patched for SJ77 pretty much immediately by me, just never released to the MP.

Speaking of which, the new MP rules for submission pretty much rule out me splitting this into separate plugins. I mean, I could, but they would all have to be separate purchases. The new rules state that a *single* file, either a .tar for an app, or .xml for a plugin, can be uploaded. So, that's the splitting out.

4.5 update when it's done...

• 1 month later...

Like the post above says , when it's done.  There's a lot of stuff of mine that has to be gone through. Who Viewed the Topic is getting finished now. 

KS is at 70% done.

KS is also an entire re-write; its an app now, and I might require repurchase,  and that might be required anyways if switching to an app doesn't mesh with the 4.5 ACP Marketplace upgrade process, which is actually a thing.

EDIT: To expand on that last point, apps and plugins MUST have incremented the version number from the last pre-4.5 marketplace entry. It has to be bigger than the last one so the internal ACP marketplace can deal with installing and so on. But this is an app now (totally re-writtten - did I mention that...) so I don't even know if this going to work with the old Marketplace entry at all. A good chunk of you picked this up early on when it was like a $10 dollar derpy thing, and I'm pretty sure you get forever set at whatever the renew price is when you buy (that might have changed now?). If I do end up making this an entirely "new" thing I'll keep the initial price like $20 for a month or two so rebuys aren't that big of a deal. We're currently in a pandemic delay for the new ACP pricing structure anyways (IPS is moving from 10% to 20% cut due to the new everything-reviewed policy and the new swanky ACP marketplace)

Edited by All Astronauts
On 9/13/2020 at 7:16 AM, All Astronauts said:

Like the post above says , when it's done.  There's a lot of stuff of mine that has to be gone through. Who Viewed the Topic is getting finished now. 

KS is at 70% done.

KS is also an entire re-write; its an app now, and I might require repurchase,  and that might be required anyways if switching to an app doesn't mesh with the 4.5 ACP Marketplace upgrade process, which is actually a thing.

EDIT: To expand on that last point, apps and plugins MUST have incremented the version number from the last pre-4.5 marketplace entry. It has to be bigger than the last one so the internal ACP marketplace can deal with installing and so on. But this is an app now (totally re-writtten - did I mention that...) so I don't even know if this going to work with the old Marketplace entry at all. A good chunk of you picked this up early on when it was like a $10 dollar derpy thing, and I'm pretty sure you get forever set at whatever the renew price is when you buy (that might have changed now?). If I do end up making this an entirely "new" thing I'll keep the initial price like $20 for a month or two so rebuys aren't that big of a deal. We're currently in a pandemic delay for the new ACP pricing structure anyways (IPS is moving from 10% to 20% cut due to the new everything-reviewed policy and the new swanky ACP marketplace)

Looking forward to this update! I am ready to pull the trigger on upgrading, but have been waiting on a few things like this 🙏 Glad to see there's an update in the works. 

The re-purchase... kind of sucks cause I purchased it not that long ago, but I also understand a lot of work went into making this (as it's now an app vs plugin). Thank you again. @All Astronauts

Edited by breatheheavy

Remaining before submission:

Breadcrumbs
Edit first posts
Profile page cover photos
Force the Forums Post Feed Widget to Pull Only First Posts?

Star Ratings, Restore the Moderator Checkbox on First Posts will have to wait for the next version, skipping any js adds for the initial submission.

A few things are dropped due to IPS doing them, somethings just no longer needed, etc.

Some new apps are now a part of  KS:  a minor gallery thing, small downloads tweak, some blogs love.

There is some overall new stuff in places as well, plus improvements.

Let's see what the night brings...

• 3 weeks later...

Brief update, this will be submitted tonight. After that it's not really on me...

Again, sorry for the required re-buy, it's the new Marketplace, so it goes.

Speaking of which, a goal post has moved - a thing called the Interface directory (a useful thing in applications where we can dump things and they will always be loaded from the server) has, as of two days ago, been tossed out the nearest airlock due to an incompatibility with the newest iteration of Community in the Cloud and this hitch was missed by IPS until, well, just now.

So, fun for lots of people to work their junk over. That includes me, but at least my public offerings are only caught up with a few font files.

Anyhoo, those of you storing theme resources OFF-SERVER - that means you have them set to be stored and load from an Amazon S3 instance (or legacy FTP if you still actually have that going), be sure your server setup is set to allow all the web font extension varieties on through (woff, ttf, svg, eot) otherwise you will get hit with CORS hitches (server will not load things onto the page if they are coming from places it thinks they should not). The interface folder was a lock for not having this problem occur, but now you guys will need to deal if the problem occurs.

That font crap to deal with, one more thing to stick in after that, then screen shot hell, then submit.

Edited by All Astronauts

Once KS is approved I'll be shutting this topic down to just legacy plugin support and starting a new one for the app.

On init release just shy of 100 settings, though many of them are customizing the same "thing"

A condensed list of KS1

CORE:
Compact Star Ratings
Do Not Display Guests on the Online Users Page
Enable Font Awesome 5 Support
Default Search Results Order
Member has Full Messenger Warning
Community Guidelines Display with Full Theme, Not Minimal
Community Privacy Policy Display with Full Theme, Not Minimal
Display a Link to Your Guidelines in the Footer
Adjust Animation Speeds
Remove the Vertical Separators between the Menu Options in Userbar
Replace Create menu option with an Icon
Remove Userbar Member Avatar on Desktop View
Manipulate the Mark Site Read Link - icon or text only, remove, or move to usermenu
Manipulate the Default Stream Link - icon or text only, remove, or move to usermenu
Manipulate the Home Breadcrumb Element - restore icon, display icon and text
Remove the Last Breadcrumb Element
Larger Profile Cover Photo
Customizable Error Page - totally revamped

FORUMS:
Remove the title 'Forums' from the Index Page
Append Category Descriptions Beneath Category Titles
Forum Statistics Displayed - post count, topic count, both
Table View - Do Not Show Forum Statistics on Tablet and Phone Views
Table View - Remove Sub-Forums Indent and Angle Mark
Adjust Grid View Title Size
Force the Forums > Post Feed Widget to Pull Only First Posts
Allow Authors to Always Edit First Initial Posts in Topics - selectable per forum
Remove Topic Location from Date Line
Add a Locked Icon to Locked Topic Titles
Display Posts in Topics in Order of Latest Posts to Oldest Posts in Select Forums - selectable per forum - see details for explanation and warnings
Topic Activity Blocks - How Many Top Posters to Display
Topic Activity Blocks - How Many Popular Days to Display
Topic Activity Blocks - How Many Image Attachments to Display
Display only the Time of Post Entry - removes the word 'Posted'
Hide the MultiQuote Button
Hide the Quote Link/Button
Change the Quote Link into a Button
Set a Limit on the Number of Attachments per Post - see details for limitations
Float Image Attachments in Posts - collapses attached images side-by-side instead of stacking them
Customizable Topic Embeds
Customizable Post Embeds

GALLERY:
miniAlbum template tweaks

BLOGS:
Larger Blog Cover Photo
Larger Blog Title Size
Hide the Blog Header on Blog Entries
Adjust Blog Entry Photo Size

CALENDAR:
Squared Edges on Event Listings
Remove "Event Details" Title Text from Event View
Larger Event Cover Photo
Larger Event Title Size

DOWNLOADS:
Customize the Size of the Screenshots Carousel - height and width separately

COMMERCE:
Enlarge Product View - Primary Product Image
Enlarge Product View - Thumb Images
Adjust Product View - Product Title Font Size

The customizable topic and post embeds for Forums are quite nice. You can tweak them a number of ways. I like this formatting myself:

embeds.png.b6213766443947c3db181255fcdc74f8.png

Top and bottom are individual post embeds - one with just that small amount of text, the other much more, truncated at 6 lines. Middle one is a topic embed. Again, lots of options for you to work with here - you can even skip any content text if you like. I'll look into getting other app embeds customizable in the same way in a later KS version.

I got poked months (a year?) ago about Font Awesome 5 and I think they wanted me to craft a full sweep thing and I was like nahhhhh... But this? This is a simple add to get you going, no muss, no fuss. You can use FA5 with a v4 shim that will put the native FA4 calls over to FA5 - do that and you *might* have a few spots you wish to tweak some css, maybe, OR you can use this without the shim and I make sure all the old FA4 calls stick with FA4 but you can still splash in FA5 icons where you like. You are on your own with template edits of course, but it's there to use. Totally optioned so if you have another 3rd-party solution or your own fix, just leave this off and no worries.

Float image attachments in posts is a Joel special. If you are tired of all your image embeds stacking one on top of one another, here ya go.

Otherwise all the usual micro-tweaks, minus ones pulled as IPS is doing it better now (or outright fixed removing the need for my tweaks), plus a few new ones.

Each 'section' has its own css file. Core is always loaded but otherwise each 'app section' css loads with the respective app - mostly AFTER the app's css has loaded so KS can do its thing. Important! KS CSS is now after the app css loads, but well before you installed plugin and custom css files do. Those will be the last in line and take precedence when the css calls are identical.

A little spent here and I got two submissions to go today and one still needing all the screenshots.

Approval time I'd expect a week, if there are no problems or complaints.

Nah, it's time for a fresh start. One of my two flag ships needs to be re-bought based on the work I did (well, both probably...). This one is just the most logical choice. Lindy stated years ago that a lot of the stuff in the Marketplace was under-priced based on what was offered. He wasn't wrong, but a lot of us kinda looked at the MP usage by licensee's (hint: miniscule) and it was hard to throw a large price on things. With the big upgrade to the suite with 4.5, plus the ACP Marketplace, it's a good time for a refresh. Prices are going up across the board (newer fee-structure is imminent if nothing else) but if the ACP MP access gets the IPS userbase to actually use the MP in meaningful numbers, prices will still be kept low-ish due to increased purchases. Take a look at an app's/plugin's purchases or even download count and then contrast that number with the fact IPS has 25-35+ thousand active licenses (more?...) and you'll get an idea of what overall use the MP has had so far.

KS 1 - Submitted 10/12/2020 12:50AM
New support topic will be linked here after the app is approved (if it is approved...)

Took some time this weekend to dot some I's, cross some T's, etc. Also the Joel CSS solution for shrinking and floating images in posts was bugging me - too many hitches and breaks - so, made my own with the obligatory:

bender.thumb.jpg.e4baada6969a7ea69a29e9c5cb2472a7.jpg

forum_images_inlined_widthed.thumb.jpg.3f7ead1635c64dba13d5e3a4b4db4b7c.jpg

If your users drop them into the attachment dropzone, they will get in-lined, and if you set a max-width for them, they'll get scrunched as well. Lightbox still lightboxes of course. The JS also takes into account that this is an editor and people do drop things in specifically and add text. It will skip over those entries completely - so don't get befuddled by that - it's intentional, as there is no way for me to know what the intent of those is. If people are actually crafting a post, I don't want to get in the way. People can also drag/drop into the editor window itself and if they are sticking the images in with no return keys hit in-between drops, those will be a part of the same paragraph and those entries will get skipped as well. That specific condition, yes, can be taken care of in a future update but I've squatted on this long enough.

You all got sites to upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 11:23 AM, All Astronauts said:

Approved.

There will be a new updated version to fix a couple of things released fairly soon.

$20 for a week or two, then $25-30 afterwards.

This topic remains for support on the legacy 4.4.10 and back plugin, at least for a time.

New support topic:

Hey there. I purchased this last year. Do I need to rebuy it because it's now an application versus a plugin? @All Astronauts 

Yeah. Who Viewed (the topic, blog) as well as that too is a whole new expanded app (if you have that one as well - new app should be submitted this weekend sometime)

I'm ripping the band-aid off a little on my end - it's been a long time coming moving these to full-fledged apps and with all the changes with 4.5 it was time to just suck it up and do the work. And there was a lot of work. KS has gone from a derpy plugin to a much more solid app, css only loading per-app as needed, after application css but before custom.css (which leaves KS more or less out of the whole plugin/custom css fight in that custom css directory) plus all the new additions.

• 7 months later...

@OptimusBain In the forums section of KS, set number of attachments on or off, toggle it on, and then set the subsequent number of attachments field to a high number (whatever you like). Either I spaced that being zero = unlimited or something changed in 4.6 (I'd bet a lot more on the former than the latter - in fact I probably spaced setting it at zero as a default at all)

Patched in the new version but that should (???) get you going again.

1 hour ago, All Astronauts said:

@OptimusBain In the forums section of KS, set number of attachments on or off, toggle it on, and then set the subsequent number of attachments field to a high number (whatever you like). Either I spaced that being zero = unlimited or something changed in 4.6 (I'd bet a lot more on the former than the latter - in fact I probably spaced setting it at zero as a default at all)

Patched in the new version but that should (???) get you going again.

Thanks a lot. I tried toggling that on and off, adding 125 (max), same result. I couldn't find another field with number of attachment in the forums section. Maybe it's something else, sorry. Thanks

image.png.2a980f854d6632d8163472c7c86bb98e.png