Kitchen Sink

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

KS 24 Released!

• 4.4 compatible. This version still compatible with 4.3 btw.
  • Searchlight REMOVED from KS, but now provided as a separate plugin as part of the download. Easier maintenance for me.
  • Misc. whatevers.

Yell if there are any bugs, didn't find anything on first pass - in fact, the only real bug was that single bit mentioned above.

• 4 weeks later...

Good day! After installing the plugin (I did not even configure anything, just installed it on the forum), I disappeared css some buttons in the topics. I need to change some style in aa_ks.css to bring them back? Forum 4.3.6.

c207e8cc4c083708b282184a51023ae4.png

And the setting in the block "First Posts" does not work: Allow topic authors to edit their initial posts regardless of any ACP settings?

the following parameters are set:
e1a7e3013b3d807a08da89f8ea212ad1.png

an error occurs when you try to edit a theme:

34730b68db73cf8722dc623de1288f4b.png

Edited by AlexShu
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If you look in your theme (or themes) you'll find a plugin directory (core - global - plugins). If you are lucky, the theme author is inserting that via template but I doubt it - that's probably just a short two or three line hook inserting the link directly. If there is a template there for that plugin doing that, you could alter it. Otherwise your best bet is to contact the plugin/app author and see if they would offer it as an option - it's simple enough to do.

This also seems like a good enough time to state that yes, KS is getting a full sweep for Invision Community 4.5 and, whew, its gonna need it as you kids haven't seen what's coming yet.

12 hours ago, All Astronauts said:

If you look in your theme (or themes) you'll find a plugin directory (core - global - plugins). If you are lucky, the theme author is inserting that via template but I doubt it - that's probably just a short two or three line hook inserting the link directly. If there is a template there for that plugin doing that, you could alter it. Otherwise your best bet is to contact the plugin/app author and see if they would offer it as an option - it's simple enough to do.

This also seems like a good enough time to state that yes, KS is getting a full sweep for Invision Community 4.5 and, whew, its gonna need it as you kids haven't seen what's coming yet.

That sounds exciting! 

I actually am pretty anxious about the plugins/theme I have and how everything is going to break when 4.5 is released. 😩 

12 hours ago, All Astronauts said:

If you look in your theme (or themes) you'll find a plugin directory (core - global - plugins)

TBH I am not sure what I am looking for or what to do lol.

838595611_ScreenShot2020-04-24at11_19_12AM.png.e185fd17aa612b26da0978aeb86af604.png

Also the edit button on the member's initial post in their topic is not the icon, it's the word still.

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 11.14.20 AM.png

Edited by Jordan Miller

The edit button in the first post is all but impossible to target. It only appears to the topic author and mods though so... Maybe I'll throw some js on it to fix it, not the biggest priority though.

Y'all have no idea what's coming. It really is, truly, refreshing (4.5 that is)

Edited by All Astronauts
8 minutes ago, All Astronauts said:

The edit button in the first post is all but impossible to target. It only appears to the topic author and mods though so... Maybe I'll throw some js on it to fix it, not the biggest priority though.

Y'all have no idea what's coming. It really is, truly, refreshing (4.5 that is)

Will Kitchen Sink be relevant when 4.5 comes out, or will they be featuring a lot of your plugin's add-ons? I just bought it yesterday 😂