Kitchen Sink

Not sure I follow the mention; profile seems to be working fine w/o my resource enabled, which simply adds a new button:

Without:

SJXXHNr.png

rlCmanf.png

With:

rnMYFiM.png

yvN2STq.png

Plugin:

/* !Hook Data - DO NOT REMOVE */
public static function hookData() {
 return array_merge_recursive( array (
  'profileHeader' => 
  array (
    0 => 
    array (
      'selector' => '#elEditProfile',
      'type' => 'add_inside_start',
      'content' => '{{if \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->isAdmin() AND \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->hasAcpRestriction( "core", "members", "member_edit" )}}
<li>
	<a class="ipsButton ipsButton_overlaid" href=\'{url="app=advmedit&module=display&controller=display&id=$member->member_id" base="front" seoTemplate="advmedit_edit" seoTitle="$member->members_seo_name" csrf="true"}\' data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-title=\'{lang="advmedit_full" sprintf="$member->name"}\'><i class=\'fa fa-user-secret\'></i> <span class="ipsResponsive_hidePhone ipsResponsive_inline">  {lang="advmedit_title"}</a>
</li>
{{endif}}',
    ),
  ),
), parent::hookData() );
}
/* End Hook Data */

I get shorter cover pics with KS enabled and your application disabled, and when I enable your application, they're always full height.

Edit: Was 100% reproducible five minutes ago. Then I moved some plugins and applications around in the order and… now it seems to be working even with both enabled.

Chalk it up to the goofiness of the IPS hooks system, I guess.

All KS does in this instance is check if there is a coverphoto. If no coverphoto #elProfileHeader gets a class added to it, and the shrinking happens in the css.

On the element you'll see:

<div class="ipsPageHead_special  ks_nocoverphoto" id="elProfileHeader" data-controller="core.global.core.coverPhoto" data-url="http://localhost/dev/index.php?/profile/1-fate/&amp;csrfKey=fdadf48e5cede872be208ccf9b925005" data-coveroffset="0">

Check your css, when there is no cover photo and that setting is enabled you'll see the ks_nocoverphoto class there

KS 23 Released!

Swept through and minimized as much as could be minimized. That's more css targeting and less template over-writes. 

One sacrifice is the option to move edit, quote, or report to the post menu's option dropdown on the bottom of the posts. And actually, the toggle to move the report post bit is still there but just hides the report post bit at the moment - forgot that but it's late here so I'll add the other half of that - to stick it in the bottom post menu  - tomorrow.

Grief from places is the reason why. You can still change those bits down there to icons and customize the Font Awesome bits though. On the plus side I don't have to maintain that nonsense anymore (see earlier posts here in this support topic) - that means those fix bits for some 3rd-party apps are gone now - no longer needed.

Screenshots, as usual, were wiped out in the Marketplace entry recently so a new batch is in there - just settings pics for now.

Didn't look at the update pulse icon stuff yet but I think that needs a sweep soon. It still works fine of course but prob. needs cleaning.

@Josiah Wallingford The Create Menu on mobile (tablet and phone) stuff is in now, you'll see it in KS 24.

BTW, one casualty of the sweep is changing the post menu bits (edit, quote, etc.) - you can still swap all those for Font Awesome button icons - all good - except for the first post in a topic where the edit menu option has to stay text - there is nothing there to grab to change it now. So it goes...

Report post option also now finished out - leave where it is or drop it down into the post menu alongside edit, quote, etc. Can swap it out for a Font Awesome button icon as well.

Again, that's KS 24, soon-ish. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Enabling this option: Include category descriptions along with category titles?

is it possible to have the description go right under the category title, at present if you have subforums the description goes under/after  the subforums and it does not look quite right.

Would look neater if description went under title.

sub.thumb.jpg.01a0715021bd1f2bd6213e67c696daa1.jpg

Thank you

Not saying it's KS issue was just enquiring if the description could go under category title.

My example is showing part of my forum index page, with the description added using KS. Adds description below sub forums.

for example above I have banger hobbies title and description is hobbies and pastimes with Subforum between 

thank you for your reply

Edited by bearback
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a new thing I'd like to see included.

IPS 3.x had this ability.   Now that IPS Connect is gone, I'm working on rewriting a Wordpress SSO solution from scratch.  It currently makes use of the IPS login form, but there's no way to redirect the user back to wordpress after logging in.  

I figure me referring users to KS would be a great way for you to sell a few extra copies if you're interested in doing the work.

Edited by Dan C