Kitchen Sink

I have one severe issue with this:

• On Install I will get all the way upto: "Set up completed for theme resources" before getting Error 500 "The domain.tld page isn’t working. domain.tld is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500" 
    • For some reason it doesn't do this on my Dev Board on the same server. Only my live board.
    • Also nothing in any error log.
Edited by Tripp_UK

MichaelR never responded to my request for access so I've never been able to help with the usermenu bits (it has to be ipsfocus theme related though and probably an easy fix)

As for install on the live server I'd love to take a look. Both dev install and live please, There are a handful of people who have problems installing this when it comes to the language file but i still haven't got traction from IPS on getting this solved (long story short the plugin installation routine is apparently less robust than the application installer routine and on certain servers or ??? large language files in plugins break the installer - but since it is "plugin related" getting someone to look at this is nearly impossible)

1 hour ago, Flitterkill said:

MichaelR never responded to my request for access so I've never been able to help with the usermenu bits (it has to be ipsfocus theme related though and probably an easy fix)

I found the usermenu bit was easily fixed on my Dev Board. 

1 hour ago, Flitterkill said:

As for install on the live server I'd love to take a look. Both dev install and live please, There are a handful of people who have problems installing this when it comes to the language file but i still haven't got traction from IPS on getting this solved (long story short the plugin installation routine is apparently less robust than the application installer routine and on certain servers or ??? large language files in plugins break the installer - but since it is "plugin related" getting someone to look at this is nearly impossible)

I'll send you details shortly. 

On  the topic of getting traction from IPS: Why not make a 'rant' topic throwing your s**t out of a pram like some of the 'developers' on here do? You might actually get attention on the issue, seems to work for everyone else who aren't having their way. [By the way no; I'm being sarcastic, I'm having a bad day. Don't do that.]

A couple of weekend notes:

1) If you have more than one language installed you might not be able to install KS. That appears to be the cause of the installation problems that have been reported to me. I could create a parallel KS with a ton fewer language bits and you would be able to install it but the cost would be staring at variable names in the plugin settings instead of words. Bug report filed with IPS as this is a problem with the plugin installation routine.

2) Got a request to set the edit first posts to just the post content and not the title as well, Doable, but give me awhile to get around to it. Yes, toggle choice between the two so you can keep allowing users to edit titles too,

3) The new posts separator. Make sure you give it some time when testing this, or get used to swapping between user accounts when you do, All KS does is grab the the line that is displayed and swaps it for a div. I don't touch any code at all that triggers the appearance of the new posts sep line. If you are testing this while changing the setting you need to make sure you always move out of the topic on the front end and into forum or home view *before* changing accounts. That is, if I make a post in a topic, then sign out, and back in again under a different user, if I never left the topic in the first place the new sep line will not show. You need to make a post, move somewhere else in the suite (back out to forum view or home), then sign out, back in under a different account, and then go to where that new post was made. You'll see the new sep line then.

Edited by Flitterkill

I'd have to take a look in your ACP to see how it conflicts.

Try this first. In the list of plugins, drag Kitchen Sink to the very top of the list. The order of the plugins *does* matter and this might just be that Promote to Article can't hook in where it needs to if KS is at the bottom (effectively over-writing the Promote to Article hook stuff).

Edited by Flitterkill

@Vanucci Forgot I did some testing for you last night so signed back in. Moving KS to the top seems to fix it, or at least makes the link appear. I didn't want to actually promote a post to article to test; I'll leave that for you to try.

However, I do have more information for you on your slow site problem. It's fine for regular users, really, but if you are an admin the front (main site) is really sluggish. So whatever you have on the front end that is affecting what admins do/see; I'd start there.

BTW, left KS at the top of the plugin list but did disable it once again. Just turn it back on when you are ready.

Edited by Flitterkill
22 minutes ago, Flitterkill said:

@Vanucci Forgot I did some testing for you last night so signed back in. Moving KS to the top seems to fix it, or at least makes the link appear. I didn't want to actually promote a post to article to test; I'll leave that for you to try.

However, I do have more information for you on your slow site problem. It's fine for regular users, really, but if you are an admin the front (main site) is really sluggish. So whatever you have on the front end that is affecting what admins do/see; I'd start there.

BTW, left KS at the top of the plugin list but did disable it once again. Just turn it back on when you are ready.

Hi

Thank you for doing this. Appreciate it. I'll have a look to see what it could be.

On 7/26/2016 at 8:54 PM, superj707 said:

Issue with some language. Example attached

image.jpeg

On 7/26/2016 at 11:23 PM, Flitterkill said:

Nevermind, I got it. Next KS release this will be fixed.

@Flitterkill

When are you releasing your next release. Members are complaining a lot.

Thanks

Edited by Peter Sowerby

Just tested KS on the 4.1.14 Beta 1 release.

Everything works (including first post edit) but for one thing. Moving the default feed and mark site read links to the usermenu dropdown is broken. I'll look at getting that patched for the 4.1.14 official release but otherwise it's business as usual with 4.1.14

EDIT: Actually, not really broken at all. I insert those elements after the My Attachments link. That only displays if you have 1 or more attachments and since I just fired up this beta installation my user didn't have one of those. Still, will change the hook point to fix this as there are certainly going to be many users who never add an image or something to a post and those links will never display until they do so.

Edited by Flitterkill

KS 9 released:

Fixes rare problem with Edit First Posts enabled. Also fixes a somewhat rare condition where the post options dropdown menu choice appears but there are no options available.

Also moved that hook point mentioned in the previous post.

Edited by Flitterkill

Getting 500 error message during installation. After that, Ks is installed but I cant do any changes on the front end, as if the plugin doesnt work properly

btw: using ipb 4.1.13.2

Added: problem solved afte reinstallation of suite. it´s ok now!

Edited by SammyS

KS is a super-large plugin. There are two installation problems that can occur (that we know of) due to a combination of IPS flaws and server configuration.

1) If you have more than one language file installed, the plugin will stall out during installation.

2) If you have Suhosin installed in your PHP and url_value_size_length (or whatever) is set at the default 512 the plugin will either stall or loop over and over again.

Both of these are marked as fixed for 4.1.14 which is apparently being released on Tuesday.

If neither of them apply to you PM me ACP access and I'll gladly pop in and take a look.

30 minutes ago, Flitterkill said:

KS is a super-large plugin. There are two installation problems that can occur (that we know of) due to a combination of IPS flaws and server configuration.

1) If you have more than one language file installed, the plugin will stall out during installation.

2) If you have Suhosin installed in your PHP and url_value_size_length (or whatever) is set at the default 512 the plugin will either stall or loop over and over again.

Both of these are marked as fixed for 4.1.14 which is apparently being released on Tuesday.

If neither of them apply to you PM me ACP access and I'll gladly pop in and take a look.

Now Ks works

Just edited some things, every looks ok except when added topics counter

Region Capture.jpg

Edited by SammyS
  • 2 weeks later...

ok so just purchased this and i get hundreds of errors i read this support topic and i can see there will be internal fixes to ips4 soon so im happy to wait. but one thing i would like to point out is that when you disable this plugin it does not disabled it forcing me to uninstall