Kitchen Sink

35 minutes ago, GK Miller said:

Feature request:  display forum posts in reverse chronological order (newest first).

I think this is doable. All forums? Some forums.

On a totally unrelated note, for those not paying attention, lots of of the regulars around here are doing a collaborative Black Friday thing. Might want to check out the Marketplace topic on that...

On another note, the Marketplace is about to under go "change" in the near-ish future. Change is scary and so forth and so on. It will be entertaining for everyone involved.

2 hours ago, All Astronauts said:

I think this is doable. All forums? Some forums.

On a totally unrelated note, for those not paying attention, lots of of the regulars around here are doing a collaborative Black Friday thing. Might want to check out the Marketplace topic on that...

On another note, the Marketplace is about to under go "change" in the near-ish future. Change is scary and so forth and so on. It will be entertaining for everyone involved.

For my site, All forums would be fine. But it might be more marketable for you to have it selectable by forum.

6 hours ago, All Astronauts said:

Are you talking about the marketplace here? I didnt read about any change to come

19 minutes ago, GK Miller said:

Wow. That's awesome! Thanks! Any guestimate as to when you'll release next?

Imma doing another thing right now. Something that's been driving me nuts for a long time. So much so that I'm going to charge for this thing, but am including it for free in KS. So that's tonight (with bourbon in hand). So... tonight? Maybe? Soon regardless.

13 minutes ago, SammyS said:

Are you talking about the marketplace here? I didnt read about any change to come

Grasshopper, the winds are changing... A breeze has reached my ear indirectly and I (and others) have heard the words they carry. For you and all others soon the wind will blow openly, brazenly: strong and stout words cast across these digital lands.

Beware the wind.

Approve of your avatar btw.

Edited by All Astronauts
13 minutes ago, All Astronauts said:

Imma doing another thing right now. Something that's been driving me nuts for a long time. So much so that I'm going to charge for this thing, but am including it for free in KS. So that's tonight (with bourbon in hand). So... tonight? Maybe? Soon regardless.

Grasshopper, the winds are changing... A breeze has reached my ear indirectly and I (and others) have heard the words they carry. For you and all others soon the wind will blow openly, brazenly: strong and stout words cast across these digital lands.

Beware the wind.

Approve of your avatar btw.

Intriguing...:unsure:

Alright, that thing has been done and submitted to AndyF for Marketplace approval. Gonna integrate it now with KS and then release.

BTW, a quirk, but not a big deal, also not one I'll fix or anything as it isn't me but a function of the system. If you reverse the order of the forum posts so the newest appears first AND now make a search that hits on a post in that topic AND there are more than one page to that topic, it just might be the case where when you click the search result and expect to pop up right to that post that you'll just end up in the topic and your search hit post will be on another page.

A small, small ,quirk but thought you should know.

KS 19 Released!

• That thing I did above.
  • Searchlight! Search results content now have search terms flagged. Customizable too!
  • Ability to set default search results order.
  • Almost certainly some other things I've forgotten about.

Yeah, I skipped 18. It happens.

Why allowing you to set the default search results order? Needed after this:

forced.PNG.129b0d863b6385d726194ec20eb1a5ad.PNG

Edited by All Astronauts
3 hours ago, All Astronauts said:

I don't understand, could you show?

On my site: warpigs-online.com I use a custom page as my homepage. On this page I have something similar to facebook wall.

9JSDK5r.png

With the current settings, a post will only display on the frontpage if it is a 'featured post'. 

This works great as long as no one responds to the post. The image below shows what happens when the thread is commented on, instead of having a nice wall of well formated posts it essentially becomes a recent posts bar. 

uqJ8zVp.jpg

1 hour ago, All Astronauts said:

And just for clarification, is there a reason you aren't using the topic feed instead? Is it a matter of having the post content displayed?

You just want a topic feed to display the post content and/or the post feed to only show the first post. Have I got it?

Yes, you got it, exactly!

Edit: I realise that there are blog posts I can use for pages to do just this. The reason I am not using that is I want it to tie into the forums. There is an option for blog posts to add a forums entry but this goes to a single specific subforum defined in the settings. I added a page showing the blog posts: https://www.warpigs-online.com/testing

Edited by Jesse Crystal

I bought the plugin just today and when it's enabled - even with no changes to the settings - I get an error when I search. Disabling the plugin makes search work immediately again.

I can provide the error if you should need it. I don't believe it's a conflict, as I can enable and disable all other plugins in four or five configurations and it's always just whether or not Kitchen Sink is enabled (even, again, if no settings are changed from the default).

PM me acp access and I'll take a look. All KS releases are run through two live sites prior to release so I'm curious whats different on your to cause this.

Make sure to hit the support tool to wipe caches as well and seeing if that clears anything up.

There is one thing I'm aware of, I didn't think it affected 19 but it might. The sort forum posts by newest first will not work on PHP 5, only 7. I have a fix so if you are running PHP 5 give a yell and I'll pass it on, this is because the fix is incompatible with PHP 7 so I'd rather the 5's ask for the patched version instead of me having people randomly installing the wrong version. If you aren't going to use this setting at all carry on, no need for anything.

The only changes with 19 regarding search is the addition of the Searchlight feature All that does is adds a javascript mixin on the search results page to throw a flag on the urls, and another javascript controller on the content pages if they were come to via a search result. But nothing in the code itself.

Edited by All Astronauts
28 minutes ago, All Astronauts said:

PM me acp access and I'll take a look. All KS releases are run through two live sites prior to release so I'm curious whats different on your to cause this.

Though I trust you somewhat, I'm reluctant to give ACP access to people.

Make sure to hit the support tool to wipe caches as well and seeing if that clears anything up.

I did that.

There is one thing I'm aware of, I didn't think it affected 19 but it might.

I'm using PHP 7.

The only changes with 19 regarding search is the addition of the Searchlight feature All that does is adds a javascript mixin on the search results page to throw a flag on the urls, and another javascript controller on the content pages if they were come to via a search result. But nothing in the code itself.

This is the first and only version of this plugin I've ever used.