Kitchen Sink

On 10/10/2017 at 10:51 PM, All Astronauts said:

I looked at the themes you have installed. The default is ok of course, but your ipsFocus one is messed up on the post bit. With KS disabled you can see it is messed up.

Hi, 

At last I found the problem comes from a border colorer a css line of the theme 

I replaced with;

.focus-post-buttons .cTopic .ipsComment_controls a,
.focus-post-buttons .cTopic .ipsComment_controls .ipsButton{
  border-color: White;
}

I don't know if it affects anything more but now it works...

I have a big problem with KS. Every few hours KS is reseting settings to 0 and I need to apply another time all settings. Help please!

Edited by Pedro Ibáñez

I was using clear cache to do manually but I though that maybe there was a way to set no to long time between automatic caches...

58 minutes ago, All Astronauts said:

Or you can get Spacious ACP which lets you add a Wipe Caches button to the ACP Dashboard to skip the Support Tool.

I will think because I like all your work.

Can I ask for something to be changed or included?
Yes, absolutely! That's kind of the whole point of this. There are some basic rules though. If I think it is too involved, or I think that once I start it that it would be better off as it's own plugin I'll pass. Just ask in the support topic and we'll go from there. I decide in the end, you may or may not like my decisions...

I was revising this plugin and I could use 2 or 3 features like the breadcrumbs, removing the create menu and the light box-
I'm interested to buy it when I finish my upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2.in a few days ... in the mean time

I would like to suggest a feature that has been abandoned in another mod and I think it could help this plugin.  I would like to have the ability to disable reactions in specific forums.
For example, many of us have a "rules" section and I don't need people to "agree" or "disagree" or say "thanks" to the forum rules. Specially after 2 years ... it quite ridiculous. 

And if that is possible, another option could also be great, the possibility to disable reactions to posts if they are ( for example ) older than an specific date. It's also ridiculous to say "thanks" to a post that was written like 2 years ago. 

A great feature would be for stream forums selection (for admins) to be able to exclude rather than include. Those of us with heaps of subforums find the default solution extremely cumbersome. In fact IPS should provide the alternative, but until and if they do it, that's an idea. :)

16 hours ago, gabs007 said:

I would like to have the ability to disable reactions in specific forums.

No guarantee on time table but I can add that to the list.

16 hours ago, gabs007 said:

the possibility to disable reactions to posts if they are ( for example ) older than an specific date.

No reason why it wouldn't be doable though it might add some heft to the queries if that last post date isn't already present in the topic. I think it is though.

14 hours ago, PPlanet said:

stream forums selection (for admins) to be able to exclude rather than include.

I tend to avoid the new features IPS introduces as they are often a bit raw and undergo streamlining fairly quickly. You make a good point and you should say as much in the Feedback forum. They do read that and it's a good request.

• 2 weeks later...

I was testing this out on an offline site which doesn't have the forum app.  It was working when I org installed it, but I disabled it and tried to re-enable it and got an error.  My test site never had the forums app.

Error: Class 'IPS\forums\Forum' not found (0)
#0 /home/nginx/domains/website/public/system/Helpers/Form/FormAbstract.php(264): IPS\Helpers\Form\_Node->html()
#1 /home/nginx/domains/website/public/system/Helpers/Form/Form.php(415): IPS\Helpers\Form\_FormAbstract->rowHtml(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form))
#2 /home/nginx/domains/website/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(376): IPS\Helpers\_Form->__toString()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/website/public/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_admin_global->blankTemplate(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form))
#4 /home/nginx/domains/website/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(161): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('blankTemplate', Array)
#5 /home/nginx/domains/website/public/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(103): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#6 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/website/public/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(25): call_user_func_array('parent::finish', Array)
#8 /home/nginx/domains/website/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(148): IPS\Dispatcher\spaciouswidgets_hook_spaciousCSS->finish()
#9 /home/nginx/domains/website/public/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}
#0 /home/nginx/domains/website/public/init.php(523): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Class 'I...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 /home/nginx/domains/website/public/system/Helpers/Form/Form.php(432): IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 /home/nginx/domains/website/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(376): IPS\Helpers\_Form->__toString()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/website/public/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_admin_global->blankTemplate(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form))
#4 /home/nginx/domains/website/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(161): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('blankTemplate', Array)
#5 /home/nginx/domains/website/public/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(103): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#6 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/website/public/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(25): call_user_func_array('parent::finish', Array)
#8 /home/nginx/domains/website/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(148): IPS\Dispatcher\spaciouswidgets_hook_spaciousCSS->finish()
#9 /home/nginx/domains/website/public/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Edited by Bluto

Not seeing any KS in those errors. Spacious though, but that's just a CSS file insert.

As a general note hit the support tool (or Spacious Wipe Cache button) and see if it clears - those errors are on a form trying to pull in some Forums code, which as you say doesn't exist. If this is KS then that means I will annoyingly have to literally check for the existence of IPS Forums in the code before allowing those settings to be displayed at all.

This will be the first recorded instance of this occurring btw, I doubt many people run IPS without Forums :)

Let me know if it cclears up after the support/ tool / spacious cache wipe

15 hours ago, All Astronauts said:

Not seeing any KS in those errors. Spacious though, but that's just a CSS file insert.

As a general note hit the support tool (or Spacious Wipe Cache button) and see if it clears - those errors are on a form trying to pull in some Forums code, which as you say doesn't exist. If this is KS then that means I will annoyingly have to literally check for the existence of IPS Forums in the code before allowing those settings to be displayed at all.

This will be the first recorded instance of this occurring btw, I doubt many people run IPS without Forums :)

Let me know if it cclears up after the support/ tool / spacious cache wipe

Thanks.  I will try the support tool. 

Yea, most of my other licenses have forums, but I'm running VideoBox as a video site and don't need forums because the app has everything.  It was nice to invest my money in core + commerce.

From the way it looks I won't be able to use KS anyway.  KS takes over the breadcrumbs and I have that customized and even with the KS breadcrumb set to default KS still controls the breadcrumbs.

Edited by Bluto