Testimonials Manager

onlyME

i was wondering if maybe in a future version, that you could consider making the option available to admins to be able to change the author of the testimonial post?

i'm asking this because i want to use this for my member partner program, but i don't want to add a new member group, and don't want anyone posting...i want to make the post, but make it show the actual member that i'm talking about...made a member Partner

if you need more i will provide a better explanation or pics

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, FGN said:

i was wondering if maybe in a future version, that you could consider making the option available to admins to be able to change the author of the testimonial post?

i'm asking this because i want to use this for my member partner program, but i don't want to add a new member group, and don't want anyone posting...i want to make the post, but make it show the actual member that i'm talking about...made a member Partner

if you need more i will provide a better explanation or pics

This app does not show member name, it uses the custom name and it's easy to edit

Y2euAeWGToCqGl8f1QrqWw.png

And this is the way how it works. 

1 minute ago, FGN said:

right understood that part

But to clarify, i mean on front end.......it shows the avatar of the one posted the testimonial

I would like to be able to have it show the avatar of the member i partnered, even though i am the one making the testimonial post

if possible

It's not a purpose for me to make this app. But it's useful, I will consider it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, ChrisTERiS said:

Hello,

1.- Is it possible to remove categories at all? Just want a global Testimonial for my site. If not possible from the list page, at least from the form.

2.- Is it possible to remove Name field and just show the Username in the testimonial blocks?

Thank you 

Currently it can not, but I will consider to add new options for this features..

2 hours ago, onlyME said:

Currently it can not, but I will consider to add new options for this features..

I think that I've a fast & dirty solution for this but I need some help. Have in mind to make those fields hidden and give them a hidden value. But I'm not familiar with IPS coding so can you please tell me the variable name for current username? Assuming that there are at least usegroup permissions to disallow Guests to post a testimonial.

Just curious. That avatar that I seen in your demo where it comes from?

8 minutes ago, ChrisTERiS said:

I think that I've a fast & dirty solution for this but I need some help. Have in mind to make those fields hidden and give them a hidden value. But I'm not familiar with IPS coding so can you please tell me the variable name for current username? Assuming that there are at least usegroup permissions to disallow Guests to post a testimonial.

Just curious. That avatar that I seen in your demo where it comes from?

Don't do anything, the new version will be released in some next days.

I permission for guest to submit and it will have a form to upload avatar.

I'm going live tonight so have no more than 1-2 hours to solve it, or remove it. As I said I've the knowledge to code. Actually I've released more than 50 applications for vB3 & vB4. Just need a bit help for:

1.- Which template to edit and what "if" condition to use show the Post Testimonial to be visible only to members. Any usergroup, not important for me.

2.- Which is the template for the testimonial form.

3.- Which is the variable that holds the username to place it as value="...." in the input.

As for the avatar, this is the difficult part. I seen a screenshot before showing an upload field. Can't see something like this in my form. But is ok, as I don't need upload. Just want the user avatar. If the user has avatar to show it. If not to show the default "Not avatar".

23 minutes ago, ChrisTERiS said:

1.- Which template to edit and what "if" condition to use show the Post Testimonial to be visible only to members. Any usergroup, not important for me.

No need to edit template, in the category page, you can see the permissions setting

wmEf0zUERqeeSJj0BzGYMg.png

2.- Which is the template for the testimonial form.

3.- Which is the variable that holds the username to place it as value="...." in the input.

No template, I use Form Helper

Try to take a look at this file  \applications\testm\sources\Testimonial\Testimonial.php

As for the avatar, this is the difficult part. I seen a screenshot before showing an upload field. Can't see something like this in my form. But is ok, as I don't need upload. Just want the user avatar. If the user has avatar to show it. If not to show the default "Not avatar".

It only shows form to upload avatar for Guest. If you submit with a logged user, it will use user's avatar. If user has no avatar it will show the default 'not avatar'.

And if you want to edit templates, go to ACP > Themes > click </> to edit your theme > testm > front (this contains all templates of testimonials app)

Sorry to say but I can not support if you have any problem by your custom code. I hope the IPS dev documentation can help you

https://invisioncommunity.com/developers/docs/

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:40 PM, onlyME said:

You're welcome. I will release the new version asap that has updates:

• New option to enable/disable Name.
  • Not show categories selection if there is only one category.

Thank you for the update. Works fine. Just keep a notice somewhere for the next update, to remove the Categories droplist from the listing if there is only one category.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived