Commerce search needs major improvement

ehren.

Hello,

I've recently upgraded from Nexus to Commerce and have noticed a few areas requiring improvement, in the ACP.

-------

With Nexus in 3.x, the Paypal transaction ID was displayed for each payment - which made it very easy to find the customer on Paypal (sometimes they use different email addresses compared to my site, so an email search isn't possible).

With Commerce in 4.x, the Paypal transaction ID is no longer shown for billing agreements. An example of this is below. I need to find this transaction on Paypal, but the only way to do this is to search for transactions from June 22 on the Paypal site, and check each payment until I find the right one. The billing agreement ID cannot be used in Paypal's search feature, but transaction ID's can. The payment on the Paypal site does have a transaction ID (like all payments), but it isn't displayed in my ACP.

nexus.png

-------

Additionally, it would be very helpful if the search feature was more powerful with Commerce. Every 3 months for tax reasons, I need to search for Australian customers who have purchased from my site, and then find their transactions on Paypal.

At the moment, the only way to do this with Commerce (as far as I know) is to: find approved transactions from April 1 - June 30, which produces 30+ pages of orders in the ACP. I then need to scroll through all of those pages, clicking on every purchase, then checking the customers country to see if it's Australia. The search feature needs to be severely improved, allowing us to narrow down results such as: find approved transactions from April 1 - June 30 from customers in Australia. The current method is beyond primitive, turning what should be a relatively quick task into an hour, if not longer.

While these features may not apply to a large group of admins, I feel as though they're significant enough and would greatly assist any admins who manage large numbers of customers.

On 6/30/2016 at 0:24 AM, ehren. said:

the Paypal transaction ID is no longer shown for billing agreements

you do know that Billing Agreements is the recurring payments right?

On 6/30/2016 at 0:24 AM, ehren. said:

Every 3 months for tax reasons, I need to search for Australian customers who have purchased from my site,

why not use the Statistics>Sales>Markets   

chrome_2016-07-01_01-32-23.png

I'm aware the Billing Agreements are the recurring payments, yeah - but I needed to find the actual transaction id for the individual payments in each recurring payment.

I've had this feature custom-coded for my site, so all fixed.

Archived