Dropdown Grouped Profile Fields

How about setting to control the way the list is ordered, because with long lists it is kinda inconvenient and the main purpose of the hook is exactly to collapse long list? . For example, this is how it is currently:

2016-06-22_23-19-04.png

In the similar hook for 3.4 it was like this: 

2016-06-22_23-20-07.png

Just a suggestion, works fine as it is ^_^

Edited by jair101
5 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

Hi. It is not working as expected here. Only one of the available groups is shown. See screenshots.

It works only for the fields for which you have filled

Display format

Will be displayed next to content the user submits. Leave blank to not show.
{title} is the title of the custom field, {content} is the user added content and {member_id} is the member's ID number.
Example: <strong>{title}:</strong> {content}

fields.jpg

10 hours ago, jair101 said:

Hi ZaleD, 

The comma separation does not seem to work as expected. No new lines are introduced when the list reaches the end of the pop-up:

2016-06-25_11-09-56.png

Thanks for your report...

I've solved this issue in version 1.0.2, you can download it now: https://invisionpower.com/files/file/8235-dropdown-grouped-profile-fields/

576ec9f76ab45_TextWrap.PNG.6c80978090aae

Edited by ZaIeD
Modify version number

ZaleD, thanks a lot, it is working nicely now. However, our users found an issue. The list doesn't open on smartphones and tablets, so when the width of the browser is reduced and it is displayed the mobile version of the theme, the plugin doesn't work. When clicking on the dropbox, it only shows a white triangle. Please take a look at that... Thanks!

11 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

ZaleD, thanks a lot, it is working nicely now. However, our users found an issue. The list doesn't open on smartphones and tablets, so when the width of the browser is reduced and it is displayed the mobile version of the theme, the plugin doesn't work. When clicking on the dropbox, it only shows a white triangle. Please take a look at that... Thanks!

So, do you want to hide it totally in mobile view?

6 hours ago, Eterna Gaming said:

@A Zayed doesn't seem to work on my forums V_V

Please be noted that, child profile fields must be defined in display format in system settings...

Also, 

Grouped Profile Fields in Dropdown 1.0.3.zip

Is actually version 1.0.2 ...
So idk what I just paid for v_v

Thanks for your report... just edited it inside hook file.

• 3 weeks later...

@A Zayed

I have different groups w.r.t subscriptions. I need that certain group be allowed to edit profile field based on groups permissions. I know this is NOT available in IPS default.

Suppose, I have 3 groups: Editors. Contributors and Dealers. And I have 2 profile groups Personal Info and General Info. As the Editors and Contributors are normally allowed to edit their profile fields in Personal Info and General Info profile groups and that is visible to all on their author infoPane in posts. However, I want that when I create a new profile group called Dealers Info and add certain fields in that, then only Dealers member group should be able to edit and fill into that. This way, the new profile group Dealers Info should only be visible on Dealers group's author infopane in posts, and NOT on Editors or Contributors author infopane.

Is there a way to achieve this? If yes, then how?

BTW, I've purchased your plugin.

Edited by Peter Sowerby
5 hours ago, Peter Sowerby said:

@A Zayed

I have different groups w.r.t subscriptions. I need that certain group be allowed to edit profile field based on groups permissions. I know this is NOT available in IPS default.

Suppose, I have 3 groups: Editors. Contributors and Dealers. And I have 2 profile groups Personal Info and General Info. As the Editors and Contributors are normally allowed to edit their profile fields in Personal Info and General Info profile groups and that is visible to all on their author infoPane in posts. However, I want that when I create a new profile group called Dealers Info and add certain fields in that, then only Dealers member group should be able to edit and fill into that. This way, the new profile group Dealers Info should only be visible on Dealers group's author infopane in posts, and NOT on Editors or Contributors author infopane.

Is there a way to achieve this? If yes, then how?

BTW, I've purchased your plugin.

Hello,

This is beyond my plugin scope and could be achieved through diffirent plugin.

If I understood correctly, you need a per group profile field? In other words, Private profile field?

• 4 weeks later...