Customizing (Pages) title tag

opentype

In 3.4 we could customize the title tag for various views like so:

define( 'CCS_PAGE_TITLE_RECORD', '{record_name} | {database_name} | {board_name}' );

Can be pleeeeeaaaase return? It was one of the most effective SEO measures I used, but on 4.x I can’t control that anymore. 

Or is there already a way? I know how to set/override meta tags from within the templates, but I don’t know if the title tag is accessible in a similar way. 

Maybe my topic title wasn’t clear enough, but the functionality I am asking for is NOT available through the meta tag editor. I don’t want to change a single page title – I want to dynamically and globally control how titles for different views of different databases are constructed – as it was possible in 3.4. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2016 at 7:51 PM, opentype said:

Maybe my topic title wasn’t clear enough, but the functionality I am asking for is NOT available through the meta tag editor. I don’t want to change a single page title – I want to dynamically and globally control how titles for different views of different databases are constructed – as it was possible in 3.4. 

This is so necessary.

We should be able to set the Post Subject as the Page Title for all posts, for example.  This will make a DRAMATIC difference to SEO results.

See Yoast for example of how this is implemented for Wordpress using variables: https://kb.yoast.com/kb/yoast-wordpress-seo-titles-metas-template-variables/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived