Babble: Real Time Chat

CodingJungle

Sorry, I wrote a response concerning the chat in your official "CodingJungle Apps Support" Topic, as I didn't realize, there is a special topic for the babble chat.

I was requesting the optimization of chatbots functionality.

My post can be found here:

Hi CodingJungle,

I'm using your babble chat application for a long time now, and though people asking for implementing a more graphical advanced chat solution with existing mobile apps for their smartphones, that are easy to handle, and neat graphics and sound features, it has 2 main advantages:

1. it's an integrated solution, that alllows us to keep control what's going on. We don't want to move our users to other platforms like discord, where users can easily switch to another chatroom and only using ours for new members headhunting and leaving our section/domain…
  2. the chatbots idea!

The first version of the chatbots was nice, but after a long time using it, the chatbots start annoying some members, who use the chat frequently.

WHY?

The chatbots are

• triggered every time, a keyword is used
  • only know the same answer again and again

This should really be changed soon:

1. Implement a "trigger pause" per "keyword":
    If someone writes "this keyword", the bot responds "understood" and then he will stop reacting on this keyword for 5 minutes. If someone writes "another keyword/keyphrase"", he will wait for 1 hour aso…

2. Implement alternative responses (in addition to the trigger pause), which are selected randomly or sequentially.
    If someone writes "this keyword", the bots respond "unterstood" the first time, the second time "I already told you, I understood", the third time "please don't annoy me"

We can only be creative and integrate more advanced response functionality, if we get the tools to implement our ideas...

Without these features, I'm losing my main argument no.2 (^^ see above) for using babble....

Please consider this in a next release. It's an important requirement for us. Thanks.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In addition to my last post, it would be a great idea, to integrate bot functionality, to

• show specified (content/keyword/keyphrase) bots answers ONLY to specified member groups
    (could also be used as "secret messages)

WHY?

There are so many reasons, why bot message receivers should be addressed according to their status.

F.e.

# new members (just validated) require to see messages about special terms & rules. Long-term members don't require these informations. They already know about it
# you could have more fun with your VIP members
# VIP members shouldn't see "advertisement responses"
# chat mods could be shown special instructions, how to handle special keywords…
# address female members with more compliments

and many more.

Please also consider this. Thanks.

6 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

@CodingJungle Any word on this by chance? I'd be fine with a total count in the navbar of all rooms, just a total of people using the app that shows to all members and guests. Right now it only shows the navbar count if you are in a room which I think is pointless because you are in there already and can see a count. When that worked it showed a total count to guests and all members even when not in a room, it drew people to chat. Now I'm getting less and if its not going to be used, I'm going to have to drop it. I'm trying to stimulate users to go in to the app, but if they don't see a chat bubble count in the main menu or elsewhere, they don't click to go in, thinking no one is in there. Even guests would see a count of people chatting and login.

for version 2, i don't have a solution to fix this. the menu count was tied so deeply with the node.js that it actually required a lot of rework for it working in version 3. the reason it is disabled on the chat service atm, is cause there were sites on the chat service that were having large influxes of guest coming to their homepage and it was crashing the babble chat service (3 sites had over 2500 to 3k connections apiece).  I dont' have an exact ETA for version 3, but i will see what i can do in the meantime on version 2, to get the counts showing again, they wont be real time, but i'll see about adding a task that queries every 5 minutes or something for a total. 

Also, I noticed native emojis work and come up in the editor when creating your chat message but emojione and twitter styles do not. If I use native and post a bunch of emojis in chat, then switch to twitter or emojione style in admin they do change in the chat interface. It's just they cant be used when composing a message for some reason. Any fix for this? I use emojione style on my board. 

i'll have to test it out, as they should work regardless of which set is chosen, unless they are being tagged differently. 

2 hours ago, Cyboman said:

Sorry, I wrote a response concerning the chat in your official "CodingJungle Apps Support" Topic, as I didn't realize, there is a special topic for the babble chat.

either will do, i think i created this topic long before the other one, as that one was meant to be a "catch all". 

2 hours ago, Cyboman said:
  • triggered every time, a keyword is used
  • only know the same answer again and again

I'm actually working on the bot system in v3 atm, so you made these suggestions at the right time.

I like both of the ideas, i could see them being useful for the 3 bot types that babble has now (there are additional bots in v3, but i won't go into too much detail atm). 

now on the triggering of the reply, the "pause" feature, 1. do you mean if john triggers it, it is paused for say 30 seconds, but if becky triggers it within that 30 seconds it triggers for becky again, so both would have a 30 second till it triggers again or  2. do you want it if john triggers it, it pauses and during that pause time no one else can trigger it.

1 hour ago, Cyboman said:

In addition to my last post, it would be a great idea, to integrate bot functionality, to

• show specified (content/keyword/keyphrase) bots answers ONLY to specified member groups
    (could also be used as "secret messages)

WHY?

There are so many reasons, why bot message receivers should be addressed according to their status.

F.e.

# new members (just validated) require to see messages about special terms & rules. Long-term members don't require these informations. They already know about it
# you could have more fun with your VIP members
# VIP members shouldn't see "advertisement responses"
# chat mods could be shown special instructions, how to handle special keywords…
# address female members with more compliments

and many more.

Please also consider this. Thanks.

in version 3, the bots are a bit different. in v2 they were apart of the room configuration, in v3, they are there own thing (like commands are now). you can create a bot and tell it what rooms to operate in and so on. i could add in some additional trigger options, like only trigger if they are "vip" and then check their profile to see if they are male/female/other.

like say you want to compliment all the ladies who are vip, you would setup a bot for room 1, room 2, room 3, etc, and configure a message and its triggers, then there would be an additional tab on the configuration, that have those options, "trigger only on group" then you select the groups and then have an additional option "only if member profile = female" or something along those lines. i'll have to think about this for a bit, as most bots get executed when a message gets sent, don't want to bog down the system with too much ? 

1 hour ago, CodingJungle said:

now on the triggering of the reply, the "pause" feature, 1. do you mean if john triggers it, it is paused for say 30 seconds, but if becky triggers it within that 30 seconds it triggers for becky again, so both would have a 30 second till it triggers again or  2. do you want it if john triggers it, it pauses and during that pause time no one else can trigger it.

if john triggers it, don't show it to john nor becky.

as long as bot messages are shown to all chat participants, none of them should be able to retrigger it directly.

F.e. if a chat participant writes "bot", the bot responds "I'm here". ? After that, people start discussing about the bot, and the keyword "bot" is used for many minutes like 40 times. After each mention of the "bot" word, my bot jumps in and states "I'm here"... which is very annoying for the chat flow.

Therefore, I think your code should randomly select one of each events:

• either it states "I'm here" (regular behavior - for the first time mentioning), AFTER THAT ->
  • it will pause for 2 minutes (code has randomly selected the "pause function"), AFTER THAT ->
  • it states a randomly selected alternative message like "Don't mention me too often or I'll come visit you at home" (code has randomly selected the "select an alternative message / different response"), AFTER THAT ->
  • it states another randomly selected alternative message like "You must be extremely in love with me"  (code has randomly selected again the "select an alternative message / different response"), AFTER THAT ->
  • after triggering it the X.th time, the bot responds "Sorry, I'm off now… I feel stalked by you, see you back later again" (and then stops randomly selecting at all for 5 minutes…)

That's what I mean. It should have a "BOT RESPONSE FLOW": reacting -> pausing for a short time period -> reacting differently -> maybe reacting again -> pausing for longer time period

As, for each response on keyword, the bot has an alternative message, after the 5 minutes pause it will restart responding, BUT THIS TIME

• the bot starts stating "I require a few minutes to recover from last night" (instead of responding "I'm here" for the first time - regular behavior but alternative message)
  • then pause again a short interval (^^ 2minutes like before, as the pause was resetted)
  • afterwards the word "bot" mentioned again, the bot comes up with a new alternative message like "Ok, now you get my full attention"
  • after 2 other bot responses -> bot is out for 5 minutes again… aso
1 hour ago, CodingJungle said:

i could add in some additional trigger options, like only trigger if they are "vip" and then check their profile to see if they are male/female/other.

yes, exactly.

maybe the bot could check the member group before, which means - according to the example above -> that I can enter alternative messages, that will be prioritized as an alternative message, if the member belongs to a special member group

Or, with an even higher logic, the bot could check for different member criteria (member status or profile fields of the member who triggers it).

Let's assume John mentions the "bot" (and John is a VIP Member, has 500 posts and lives in USA)

Now the bot randomly selects one of the prioritized responses, f.e.

• Come on, John, as a VIP, you should know it better  OR
  • Believe me, John, I'm doing my job for longer than your neat 500 responses. First go back to the forums and create more contents to convince me.... OR
  • Not sure, but in your country USA, John, you shouldnt defame my power or you'll get imprisoned quite fast and you'll never see the sun again  AFTER THAT ->
  • the bot knows: it's "John, the VIP member", and it won't start pausing as VIPs aren't triggered for this…

But the initial idea, concerning the status checkup, was:

If Letitia (female, regular member) asks the "bot": "When are you coming back", then the bot states

• Letitia, please have a look in our store, and purchase more items to get my full attention (and ONLY LETITIA WILL SEE THIS MESSAGE, as it is a special advertisement for regular members, VIPs won't be able to view this message in the chat) AFTER THAT ->
  • Letitia is writing "bot" again, and bot responds: Dear little miss, you're so lovely, but I already told you about...

Hope, you get the point, but please ask me for more ideas if you like. If I can be of further assistance, I'm glad to support you with more ideas how bots could evolve to a higher logic ? 

^^ ANY OF THESE SCENARIOS COULD HAPPEN BY ONLY MENTIONING THE WORD "BOT" INSTEAD OF "I'M HERE" ?

5 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

Hope, you get the point, but please ask me for more ideas if you like. If I can be of further assistance, I'm glad to support you with more ideas how bots could evolve to a higher logic ? 

Oh i understand what you are saying, and i really like the ideas, so keep them coming if you like. i wont promise everything will end up in babble, but i always do take them under advisement and see what i can do with them :).

with that said, i'm not a 100% sure if any of these ideas will make it into the first release of version 3 (as its already got a lot going on it), but i could add in a few of the less complicated ones for the release, but some of the others will require plan of attack, on how to best approach as i don't want bots to become confusing (want them to remain as simple as possible) but i'd also like to add more features to them. the other thing i will need to take into account, is processing time, don't want to crash a server or bog down a reply as its trying to figure out what bots should be triggered ?

Sure, mainly, each bot item requires the following settings:

• in what room to show
  • when to trigger (time / keywords / keyphrases / …)
    -> have a trigger count in a timeframe (if trigger count is higher than X, goto pause for this keyword…)
  • checking who triggers, and then, if a special criteria is TRUE, do one of the following
    -> goto special responses (TRUE)
    -> otherwise use standard responses
  • what to respond if TRUE is prioritized (special responses) ^^
    randomly select out of SPECIAL RESPONSE POOL:
    - True response 1
    - True response 2 (specify 'who can view?')
    - True response 3 (secret, only displayed to the member triggering)
  • otherwise what to respond by default (if only 1 message exists, then select this one | if more message exist, then randomly select OR sequentially select other ones…), out of the RESPONSE POOL:
    - Pool response 1
    - Pool response 2
  • what the bot should do afterwards
    # go on responding (next…)
    # pausing for short period
    # pausing for longer period
    # go to another rule...

It's not the exact logic, but you get what I mean… ? 

I'm familiar with basic coding and know about the effort and clean concept requirements and how deep one can go down the condition clauses ? I'll be more than happy to see an initial adaption of the basic ideas at first. Thanks a lot

9 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

for version 2, i don't have a solution to fix this. the menu count was tied so deeply with the node.js that it actually required a lot of rework for it working in version 3. the reason it is disabled on the chat service atm, is cause there were sites on the chat service that were having large influxes of guest coming to their homepage and it was crashing the babble chat service (3 sites had over 2500 to 3k connections apiece).  I dont' have an exact ETA for version 3, but i will see what i can do in the meantime on version 2, to get the counts showing again, they wont be real time, but i'll see about adding a task that queries every 5 minutes or something for a total. 

i'll have to test it out, as they should work regardless of which set is chosen, unless they are being tagged differently. 

Yeah regular emojis work for me but not twitter or emjione, just tested again. As far as the chat count in main nav, I guess if chat is open to guests it'll go nuts. I only allow chat to logged in members and having some sort of task that would show users in chat every 5 min and show to all even if guests, would be good.  Thanks!

Hi,

here are some other improvements for the chat, which I noticed by comparing it with other chat clients

1. I think the height limit of the chat window is not ideal, there should be an option to use the whole display height or at least specify a percentage height
  2. The avatar / username combination in the chat window is not clean nor in a consistent format. Either the usernames are below the avatar OR they are right next to it (half of the name) and the second half below the avatar (crazy line breaks at different positions). Especially longer member names look like a mess and interrupted. Sometimes, only the last character of a membername is shown in a separate row, which looks really ugly. Checkout the discord formatting, which is always clean... I'd recommend to change it like they do it with avatars and usernames
  3. the "send" button looks totally oldschool. It should be revamped to gain a more modern look. Either their should only be an icon, or only text. Currently, I see an Oldschool icon and a truncated textstring with "..." at the end (probably due to my translation), but this shouldn't happen
  4. maybe change the vertical scrollbar to a more slim and fashionable one, too. Regular scrollbars in chats appear outdated.
  5. maybe show a feature in the chat user online list (right side), below the usernames, an information about when they last posted in the room, f.e. "never" / "<1min" / "<5min" / "<15min" / "<30min" / "<60min" to better indicate who is contributing to the conversation and who is just stalking it.
  6. with the new chatbots, please let us also use the new emoji one library in bot responses. we really require a more modern look and more icons. ideally chatbot messages have a neat text fadein effect to make it more spectacular.
  7. maybe a feature to directly quick-react to each chat message (but the reaction shouldn't count in the regular reactions / reputation total count of the site!) ideally we can have our own customized icons, that relate to our site business. This would be a lot of fun and engage our members even better
  8. please let us have an individual font setting, just for the chat window. the whole chat would look more like an app, if we could use a different font than the default one selected in our theme
  9. please let our bots use their own "bot avatars". A bot with an avatar would be more personal than just viewing a plain text line. I think that's important. It would be great to have different bot avatars for different bot responses. Let us feel as if there is a bot army with individual names and individual avatars ? 
  10. currently images/videos are implemented to "open on click" (default = hidden). I'd prefer to show them like preview thumbnails, and if you click on them, they open in a "fit to window" size

So far, best regards and thanks for considerations.

3 hours ago, Cyboman said:
  • I think the height limit of the chat window is not ideal, there should be an option to use the whole display height or at least specify a percentage height

in version 3, the chat will size itself to 70% of the window height and if you resize, it will auto resize,hopefully this will work well (typically things don't have to be responsive height, but this is at least requested enough that i thought i'd give it a shot).

3 hours ago, Cyboman said:
  •  The avatar / username combination in the chat window is not clean nor in a consistent format. Either the usernames are below the avatar OR they are right next to it (half of the name) and the second half below the avatar (crazy line breaks at different positions). Especially longer member names look like a mess and interrupted. Sometimes, only the last character of a membername is shown in a separate row, which looks really ugly. Checkout the discord formatting, which is always clean... I'd recommend to change it like they do it with avatars and usernames

this has well been redone for version 3 (note: this is 'placeholder' style, but it is the general idea of the layout):

Capture.thumb.PNG.58f6aa172031392bf16aea6e4118ae39.PNG

4 hours ago, Cyboman said:
  •  the "send" button looks totally oldschool. It should be revamped to gain a more modern look. Either their should only be an icon, or only text. Currently, I see an Oldschool icon and a truncated textstring with "..." at the end (probably due to my translation), but this shouldn't happen

in v3 it has been "removed", well not completely, it is still there, it just isn't on by default, its a user option. they can turn it on if they like in settings. I haven't decide on a finally look of it, it will either be a button that says "send" or i'll make it one of the font awesome "send" icons, will prolly make the look of it a theme setting.

•  maybe change the vertical scrollbar to a more slim and fashionable one, too. Regular scrollbars in chats appear outdated.

chrome is the onlyl one that supports this (well webkit), firefox/edge/safari? do not, but OS's like Mac/windows/Ubuntu will style them on their own. there are a few JS libraries out there that can do this, but sometimes they can cause some issues, but i'll check 'em out. (in v2 there is css for webkit styling, i'll probably do the same for v3 at the minimum). 

•  maybe show a feature in the chat user online list (right side), below the usernames, an information about when they last posted in the room, f.e. "never" / "<1min" / "<5min" / "<15min" / "<30min" / "<60min" to better indicate who is contributing to the conversation and who is just stalking it.

in v3, there are status that a user can select from (like away, online, do not disturb and invisible/offline). i'll add this to the list of possible future features.

•  with the new chatbots, please let us also use the new emoji one library in bot responses. we really require a more modern look and more icons. ideally chatbot messages have a neat text fadein effect to make it more spectacular.

yeah i figured out what i was missing on how IPS switches the "emoji" set, so you should be able to insert emoji's, and it will parse whatever set you are using (on the front end, since it is a textarea and not the RTE, the emoji's will look like whatever the OS/browser default is configured to use, but when it is posted, it will correct that).

•  maybe a feature to directly quick-react to each chat message (but the reaction shouldn't count in the regular reactions / reputation total count of the site!) ideally we can have our own customized icons, that relate to our site business. This would be a lot of fun and engage our members even better

i've considered this, its on the roadmap but not for the initial release of 3.0, maybe for 3.1.

please let us have an individual font setting, just for the chat window. the whole chat would look more like an app, if we could use a different font than the default one selected in our theme

you should be able to do this via CSS on v2/3, all the elements should have their own Unique ID or css class for you to target.

• please let our bots use their own "bot avatars". A bot with an avatar would be more personal than just viewing a plain text line. I think that's important. It would be great to have different bot avatars for different bot responses. Let us feel as if there is a bot army with individual names and individual avatars ? 

i've done away with this in v3, bots will appear as whatever member it is set to send as, they will have a special css class that you can style, but whatever user you assign to that bot, it will use its avatar. i'll add it to the list of possible features, but most people would be okay with the way it is in v2/3 now on this one. 

1.  currently images/videos are implemented to "open on click" (default = hidden). I'd prefer to show them like preview thumbnails, and if you click on them, they open in a "fit to window" size

the videos are just hidden behind a specialized "spoiler" tag for babble, but the images are actually lazy loaded. i did this cause the original babble (was created for a private client of mine) who own a mobile phone modification site, he was concerned that some people would post huge pictures and that it could eat valuable data for the user viewing the chat . 

in version 3 i've been exploring/playing around with multiple uploads and creating cropped thumbnails (sorta how it does it on tweetdeck) and when they click on the thumbnail, they use the lightbox to open up a full image (same how they do it on tweetdeck). 

a lot of people didn't like this feature, but usually when i explain to them that the images are lazyloaded (they aren't loaded till it is clicked) was to save on the bandwidth for mobile devices, they were usually "okay" with it, i think a cropped thumbnail instead would be a ideal compromise ?

There is an alpha release of v3 up on my site atm:

https://codingjungle.com/babble/

i'll prolly be updating it tomorrow or sunday with a new alpha, so if you want you can go watch its progress, and play with some of the new features on the front end like private rooms ? (the version that is up, is a fixed height atm, the next alpha will have the responsive height added in). there are a lot of things that don't "work" correctly on this release, so keep that in mind for now ? (oh using an emoji/emoticon in your message, it will kick you from babble, a slight issue with the validation). 

• 3 months later...

Is alpha still there on your system? I recall you saying there would not be a who's in chat sidebar and I noticed it's there...which is good I think. However, are there any updates to existing babble on bringing back the main menu chat tab count of who is in chat (when not on the chat page)? That number showing in the menu when not in chat and even to guests draws people into the chat. Lately, my chat is dying and if it continues I'm not going to be able to keep it going.

Another thing I'm toying with is adding a chat block on certain pages. I'm finding that the block displays to guests when in permissions for the room guests are unchecked to view. I'm choosing within the block settings that specific room. I would put in the block settings a group setting on who can see the block, so to not show it to guests. I would also add another block to show members in chat currently. I don't see a way to show a list of users in chat, which could stimulate usage.

5 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

are there any updates to existing babble on bringing back the main menu chat tab count of who is in chat (when not on the chat page)? That number showing in the menu when not in chat and even to guests draws people into the chat. Lately, my chat is dying and if it continues I'm not going to be able to keep it going.

Change to eu server - works fine there 

On 10/14/2018 at 11:54 AM, AlexWebsites said:

Is alpha still there on your system? I recall you saying there would not be a who's in chat sidebar and I noticed it's there...which is good I think. However, are there any updates to existing babble on bringing back the main menu chat tab count of who is in chat (when not on the chat page)? That number showing in the menu when not in chat and even to guests draws people into the chat. Lately, my chat is dying and if it continues I'm not going to be able to keep it going.

in the last version of babble chat, i add these back in. it isn't "live" like the old ones were, but it will show people there if there are people there (it creates a datastore and updates itself every 10 minutes for active users in the chat). might go check your settings to see if you have the counts enabled.

babble version 2 is currently on my site, as my site also doubles as a "demo" board and a lot of people were requesting v2 to be up to see it/test it before purchase. version 3 is still in the works, there have been a ton of changes to it, and i am currently in the process of refactoring the code and chasing down bugs, as i want to ensure a good transition experience for the users and myself. 

23 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

Another thing I'm toying with is adding a chat block on certain pages. I'm finding that the block displays to guests when in permissions for the room guests are unchecked to view. I'm choosing within the block settings that specific room. I would put in the block settings a group setting on who can see the block, so to not show it to guests. I would also add another block to show members in chat currently. I don't see a way to show a list of users in chat, which could stimulate usage.

in the widget settings, there should be an option to enable/disable the online list.  i'll test out the perm settings, as it shouldn't show to people who don't have viewing permissions, by chance do you have guest message turn on in the room settings? cause it will display to them a chance to register or login if it is enabled, other wise it shouldn't appear to them for the widget.

16 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

I'm in the US though. Are you saying that the EU server has a chat tab menu number and the north america server does not?

The problem presented itself on the North American server (which is 4 times more powerful that the EU server), so i disabled them there, and setup a resource monitor for both to alert me if memory/cpu usage became an issue again. so far the EU server hasn't killed itself by having too many users, it typically has around a quarter of users connected that the NA server has. so i just never disabled it for EU, however since it is the weaker server of the two, any mass migration to it can cause it to crash and i will be forced to disable it there as well.

4 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

in the last version of babble chat, i add these back in. it isn't "live" like the old ones were, but it will show people there if there are people there (it creates a datastore and updates itself every 10 minutes for active users in the chat). might go check your settings to see if you have the counts enabled.

What about showing the count to people "not there" in chat? If I have 3 people in chat including myself, I see the #3 in the main menu. If I leave, I should see the #2, being there are 2 people left in chat after I left...no? The point is to show people not in chat currently that there are people chatting.

The problem presented itself on the North American server (which is 4 times more powerful that the EU server), so i disabled them there, and setup a resource monitor for both to alert me if memory/cpu usage became an issue again. so far the EU server hasn't killed itself by having too many users, it typically has around a quarter of users connected that the NA server has. so i just never disabled it for EU, however since it is the weaker server of the two, any mass migration to it can cause it to crash and i will be forced to disable it there as well.

Maybe it's time to get a second server for NA....and offload some users and turn back on all the features.

As far as who is chatting currently, is there any interaction with the local IPS installation database where you could just write something to count how many people are currently using the app and display that number? If its so server intensive to show that number in the main menu to everyone, maybe you could come up with a more local solution. I can't imagine pinging a count would be that server intensive, but who knows. For me, chat is dying and I just renewed recently against my better judgement, so I am looking to make sure my investment is worth it. I'd like nothing more than for it to be utilized more and continue. My user's biggest complaint is they don't know to go into chat because they don't see the chat count when not in chat or a block of who is chatting.

Oddly enough, if I put a chat block in the sidebar, every user who logs in the site and visits that page is logged into chat and they see the bubble.

image.png.cdfb9400600e7f911653df5b2918fde5.png

EDIT, tried the EU server and still don't get that bubble to show unless you are in the chat. I switched back to NA.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

2.7.4 has room count in it. its not real time tho. it will count how many people are in the chat (it counts in total, not by room like the old one). do you have chat counts enabled in the settings?

Yes I have 2.7.4 and have chat count enabled but it only shows if you go into chat or into that page. It used to show regardless of what IPS page you were on, so people (even not logged in) would see a count bubble and know people were in chat. In an earlier post, I believe you mentioned that you removed that function. 

Problem is, if I’m browsing the site and not on the babble page, I never know if someone is in there to join them. There is no way to show who’s in chat when not in chat.

Yes I have 2.7.4 and have chat count enabled but it only shows if you go into chat or into that page. It used to show regardless of what IPS page you were on, so people (even not logged in) would see a count bubble and know people were in chat. In an earlier post, I believe you mentioned that you removed that function. 

Problem is, if I’m browsing the site and not on the babble page, I never know if someone is in there to join them. There is no way to show who’s in chat when not in chat.

then it is broken, i've added it to the bug log on my site. it should be showing a number when you are not in babble too, that is the "cached" one, when inside babble it should be real time like the rest of the chat.  not sure if something changed in the menu structure or what, but that was pretty much the whole point of version 2.7.4 was to put something there till v3 (which i've delayed to work on a custom project, but i will be returning shortly to it.)

21 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

then it is broken, i've added it to the bug log on my site. it should be showing a number when you are not in babble too, that is the "cached" one, when inside babble it should be real time like the rest of the chat.  not sure if something changed in the menu structure or what, but that was pretty much the whole point of version 2.7.4 was to put something there till v3 (which i've delayed to work on a custom project, but i will be returning shortly to it.)

Is this only the EU server or the US also?

Archived