Poor Support

ghinton

I really question why I continue coming back to Invision, because inevitably something seems to always happen after I renew my account. This time, all I was trying to do was download a purchase I made in the Marketplace. My renewal period had expired, and I just tried to pay to renew it. Unfortunately the invoice had expired and would not create a new on, no matter what options I chose. I submitted a support ticket (ticket #953764) nearly 48 hours ago, to what I thought was the most appropriate department (apparently not), and it still has not been responded to.

I found a post in the forums that matched my issue:

and commented on it. AndyF responded to it and told me to email marketplace@invisionpower.com with the details. I figured since I submitted a support ticket it wouldn't be long, but I was wrong. So, a little while ago I sent the details to the email, hoping to get a response that way. I am, about 46 hours in, just so I can pay $10 to be able to download an updated version of a theme. It is very disappointing that it takes this much just to be able to give someone money. :angry:

It's a known issue. I really don't see why the Marketplace needs to generate invoices anyways. If it's renewable and your time has expired, just click renew and go from there. That prevents things like this from happening, and it is apparently an ongoing issue which hasn't been addressed.

• Management

I'm sorry for your frustration. Marketplace support does not fall within the standard support mechanism nor timeframes. Billing issues and similar can take a few days or more to address. 

Invoices expire after 30 days for various reasons, including the fact that the author may want to change the renewal terms and it's best not to have piles of old invoices that can be reactivated. Further, we used to not expire invoices and on many occasions, someone would come back 6 months later, pay an invoice and then be perturbed when they discovered the submission was no longer supported for one reason or another. That's one reason inquiries take so long because there's a time commitment involved on our part - verifying the product is still available, still supported, etc. Prior to reissuing the invoice and we only go through those periodically. 

We're certainly open to feedback from contributors on how they wish to handle such things and I'll log a topic with them after this for insight. As it is, I think most would prefer you not be able to renew a purchase months after expiration. 

I've reissued that invoice. Thanks for your patience.

• Management

After a quick review, we're going to aim to allow authors to decide how to handle renewals. Some see continued renewals as a loyalty discounts of sorts and if you don't renew, you'll be forced to repurchase, some will be ok with allowing you to renew at any point and others would take it on a case by case basis. 

So, in the future, you would simply contact the author of the submission and they would have the ability to generate a renewal for you. 

Archived