Links Directory

7 minutes ago, SecondSight said:

I've bought and installed the app (just had a few database error messages easlily fixed in the ACP). It really looks good.

I've translated nearly everything but I can't find where to translate "Links Directory" :

links-translation.png

Do you know where I can do this ?

Thank you. ^_^

AdminCp --> languajes --> translation tools --> enable "Quick Translating". Then go to the front - end, refresh it (F5) and press any phrase or word you want to translate

I dont know if the´s another way, but that way is how a translate all my forum

Edited by SammyS
On 02/09/2016 at 4:45 PM, m@t said:

I have tried now too to disable cloudflare for some time but it does not load any preview thumbnail or looks like the issue is because of cloudflare  .... I have no idea now anymore how to get it working :cry: that the app loads new images with the changed webthumbnail, api seems not to be down 

If you set all links_images to '', they don't have an image anymore. But if you go to any link or category view, it should fire the API again to get the thumbs.

Did you try to use the option to refresh the link thumbnail directly on link view (in the moderator menu)?

52 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

If you set all links_images to '', they don't have an image anymore. But if you go to any link or category view, it should fire the API again to get the thumbs.

Did you try to use the option to refresh the link thumbnail directly on link view (in the moderator menu)?

yes i have tried the refresh link thumbnail option too & it shows thumbnail refreshed, but nothing happend - as well tried to open category views & single entries - but nothing happend - only blank links image items, i had this some time ago too with the old api but i thought it is again regarding down problems of sneak - i have no idea why the api connection doesnt grab new thumbs 

Maybe ips has changed anything in last updates which cause this issue and there is a new bug in core

@m@t, I guess it was something related to your server indeed. I changed the thumb from https to http via Firebug and suddenly, as it should, all thumbs were refreshed.

I also added a new link to test:

Capturar.png

Working fine. Let me know if you still have issues with it.

9 hours ago, KITEZONE said:

I have the same problem with not working thumbs. Can you write me how to fix it?

Please, provide ACP access via PM so I can take a look.

On September 3, 2016 at 2:03 PM, P15-D24 said:

Uploaded current version to IPS 4.1.14.2. In ACP it show my previously defined categories, plus on the actual links page I have 121 links defined (This is data from my previous IPS 3 install)  However no categories show up as being defined on the links page. ( There are no categories available to be displayed.) I checked the support page and it reported about a dozen database queries needed to rum, which were done manually through mysqlphpadmin. No errors were seen. Reran the support check and the database issues were gone. Tried recache, still no categories. Understand your unavailable till the 9/6/16, look forward to hearing from you upon your return. 

BUMP

On 03/09/2016 at 6:03 PM, P15-D24 said:

Uploaded current version to IPS 4.1.14.2. In ACP it show my previously defined categories, plus on the actual links page I have 121 links defined (This is data from my previous IPS 3 install)  However no categories show up as being defined on the links page. ( There are no categories available to be displayed.) I checked the support page and it reported about a dozen database queries needed to rum, which were done manually through mysqlphpadmin. No errors were seen. Reran the support check and the database issues were gone. Tried recache, still no categories. Understand your unavailable till the 9/6/16, look forward to hearing from you upon your return. 

If the categories are there on ACP but doesn't show up on the front, that's because the permissions set weren't handled by the upgrader somehow.

Go to your ACP and try to set the permissions to the groups to test it.

8 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

If the categories are there on ACP but doesn't show up on the front, that's because the permissions set weren't handled by the upgrader somehow.

Ok some progress! Have my categories now displaying  (was permissions) but my link descriptions look like this:

[font=arial]MTSC - 1948, Volume 1-8 An Even Brake[/font]
[font=arial]Chrysler is a registered trademark of Chrysler LLC. Master Tech series training manuals and videos are the property of Chrysler LLC and are used with permission.[/font]

Also previews don't seem to be working. Do they take some time to rebuild? 

On September 3, 2016 at 2:03 PM, P15-D24 said:

On September 10, 2016 at 0:03 PM, Adriano Faria said:

I just re-saved them and the formatting was corrected. All good now.  

I have a problem with permissions - guests have permissions to access  in Groups, from the application module itself, and each category of links also have guest access. However, I still get the error below if I try to read as a guest. Any idea why?

You do not have permission to access the Links Directoy.

Error code: 2LDAPP/1

Edited by Stefan Johansson_72643
2 minutes ago, Stefan Johansson_72643 said:

I have a problem with permissions - guests have permissions to access the Links Dir in Groups and from the application module itself, however, I still get the error below if I try to read as a guest. Any idea why?

Make sure it is enabled to Guests. It works fine here. See: http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/links/

4 minutes ago, Stefan Johansson_72643 said:

Links Dir in Groups and from the application module itself

Application module? You mean on System -> Applications ?

If so, no... this is GROUP setting. Go to Members -> Groups -> Guests and enable it there.

Btw, an account is created on my Support board (via Marketplace API) for those who buy (from now on) this (and Classifieds app): http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/

Credentials:

• Username: same user name from IPS
  • Password: your email on IPS

You will find official bug tracker for this (and Classifieds app) and a forum where you can make suggestions to the app.

Edited by Adriano Faria