Links Directory

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

It works like any other 3rd party app or IPS apps like Downloads: you create the fields, tie them to the category; then they will appear in the form and if filled, will be displayed on link view. You don't customize how it appears.

Well I mean loading it. Would you use:

customFieldDisplayBy of some sort?

What's New in Version 5.0.3:

Fixes:

• Compatibility version to IPS 4.1.14
  • Setting "Links per page" has no effect

New Features:

• Added ability to set/unset a link as affiliate directly on link view
  • Added ability to refresh the link thumbnail directly on link view
  • Added a badge (trophy) to the affiliate links on category and link views
  • Added new setting to allow guests to increment link hits
  • Added new setting to display categories block on sidebar on index
  • Added new setting to display subcategories block on sidebar on category view
  • "Submit New Link" button now won't display the categories popup if you're currently browsing a category
  • Now shows the subcategories when you're browsing a category; before showed an empty category
  • Change link author: new author will automatically follow the link if the "Automatically follow new content I post" setting is enabled
  • In addition to the Map, address will be displayed below the map (city, state and country)
  • Links Feed widget now shows a Carousel (on horizontal) mode to display more than 4 links

Edited by Adriano Faria

@Adriano Faria

thanks for update of the app - is there something changed maybe with link preview pictures ?

After update all my link previews are gone and not loading anymore :( (sneak.pw is in use - i have also tried to use another - webtumbnail, same result, also with refresh tumb) - ips system is also updated to current 4.1.14

as well the page is loading very very long at links directory app pages since update to 5.0.3 - page is there but the status icon is runing very long:

loading.jpg

Edited by m@t

curious - before update, i had all previews of the links working and also the loading time was similar with other app pages of ips (all pages are still fast with ips 4.1.14, but when i have a widget from links directory inside or the app itself it is running for minutes, but after it stops, nothing changes) - i have first updated to IPS 4.1.14, second step was update your app to 5.0.3

i have also tried to use default IPS theme instead of own theme

Edited by m@t

Probably because the images are not being loaded. Test other APIs; take a look on their sites to see if something has changed or if the service is online, etc. Always used default (webtumbnail) and it's fine.

Did you change the local storage settings? Default is to save the images on your server (uploads folder).

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Probably because the images are not being loaded. Test other APIs; take a look on their sites to see if something has changed or if the service is online, etc. Always used default (webtumbnail) and it's fine.

Did you change the local storage settings? Default is to save the images on your server (uploads folder).

at all other parts of the system i found no issues until now - i don't know if there is anywhere else APIs used? (i have also tried with webtumbnail, also not working - shows broken images - with sneak i get a loading icon) - for links preview i have Store thumbnails locally disabled, because of law in my country, but this was also before update and i had a look to the pages before i have done the updates (no changes applied) - in ACP system & error logs i found no entries with errors or issues 

The developer isn't always is the guilt. I'm at 4 minutes now trying to access their site (sneak.pw). Offline or something... only loading.

Tried the app 5.0.3 on IPS 4.1.14 with Webthumbnail and as expected, works fine. Tried Sneak.pw, error due to the site status.

Watch the video: http://www.screencast.com/t/oiPrGsn1hdt

If you want to use another API, change the API to another one and simply reset all thumbs (by running the following query below) and the app will grab them on a new API, when you visit a category or a link:

update links_links set link_image = '' 

13 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Their site is back: http://www.sneak.pw/. Try again.

our assumption was correct - it was a problem from the thumbs api service - i have now nearly all link previews back in the system ;) everything good again

Regarding the new insert/displayed location information in text - is there a possibility to have it not shown below ?
or could you add there something in next version that it can be set if shown or not below the map

• 2 weeks later...

@Adriano Faria

a little question - i have now setup cloudflare and this needs only https request to get best performance & security (i had sneak in use which offers only http:// and is in last time very often down) - i changed the api preview service now to webthumbnail and cleared all sneak.pw database entries with

update links_links set link_image = '' 

is there anything to do now that the app loads new preview thumbnail from the changed api service ?
or is there any cron runing in background which is needed ?
or does it take some hours until it works ?  (especially because of cloudflare use?)  the cleared database images were gone within a second also with cloudflare active))

Because i have done with visit link or categories as written from you above, tried also with refresh thumbnail refresh but it shows only broken images / blank entries with nothing inside also in database are no new entries at link_image column

Would be great if you have here any idea to get it with the new api thumbnail service working - thanks in advance

Edited by m@t

I have tried now too to disable cloudflare for some time but it does not load any preview thumbnail or looks like the issue is because of cloudflare  .... I have no idea now anymore how to get it working :cry: that the app loads new images with the changed webthumbnail, api seems not to be down 

Edited by m@t

Uploaded current version to IPS 4.1.14.2. In ACP it show my previously defined categories, plus on the actual links page I have 121 links defined (This is data from my previous IPS 3 install)  However no categories show up as being defined on the links page. ( There are no categories available to be displayed.) I checked the support page and it reported about a dozen database queries needed to rum, which were done manually through mysqlphpadmin. No errors were seen. Reran the support check and the database issues were gone. Tried recache, still no categories. Understand your unavailable till the 9/6/16, look forward to hearing from you upon your return. 

Hello ! ^_^

I was using Links Directory with IPB 3.4 and when I upgraded, it stopped working. Now, I'm a little lost : it seems like the application sold here is not the same I was using.

Here is what I have in my "Billing and purchases" section :

links_directory.png

What should I do now ? If I buy the application sold here, will it keep/use the data (hundreds of links...) I used to have in my old Links Directory app ?

Thank you ! ^_^

This is a new version for V4. It says earlier in this thread that if you still have the V3 version listed in out of date applications then you can just upload V4 as a new version.

On 15 June 2016 at 8:38 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Like any other app: System tab -> Applications -> Out of date applications. On the app row, click in the button to Upload a new version. Browse to the TAR file included with these instructions and click Open.