Links Directory

Ok, I'll add this to the next version. In the meantime, open the applications\links\sources\Field\Field.php and find:

/**
	 * [Node] Add/Edit Form
	 * @param	\IPS\Helpers\Form	$form	The form
	 * @return	void
	 */
	public function form( &$form )
	{
		parent::form( $form );
	}

Change to:

/**
	 * [Node] Add/Edit Form
	 * @param	\IPS\Helpers\Form	$form	The form
	 * @return	void
	 */
	public function form( &$form )
	{
		parent::form( $form );
		$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\TextArea( 'pf_format', $this->id ? $this->topic_format : '', FALSE, array( 'placeholder' => "<strong>{title}:</strong> {content}" ) ) );
	}

Reupload the file and you're done.

@Adriano Faria

I have changed the file as mentioned above - the "display format" input box is now there in acp - but when i use it - the link view template in frontend ignores it and shows only that what is in input field without usage of the display format what i have added into the box at acp / extra fields

for example when you use something very simple:

<strong>{content}</strong>

no effect :( 

normally you get  "xxxx"  if the value of {content} = xxxx

thanks for your feedback ;) 

3 hours ago, m@t said:

have changed the file as mentioned above - the "display format" input box is now there in acp - but when i use it - the link view template in frontend ignores it and shows only that what is in input field without usage of the display format what i have added into the box at acp / extra fields

I told you that twice yesterday:

@Adriano Faria

i don't understand this - is there a restriction in your app or the link view page that this is not working ?
Because in ips pages (i dont use others anymore) or other 3rd party apps it works without any problem (i think it is a ips core feature) with the custom format / display format in fields that you get a better style / design of the fields & their content 

i don't want to make here big things - just add nice buttons with urls behind to my other apps pages on the homepage (for example i link you Link View with video content or the wiki) as well to show in simple way language flags 

would be really great to get it working - the rest of your app is very good and i have added a lot of content inside in the meantime

Edited by m@t
10 hours ago, Mike Gholson said:

Great app. I like it!  Anyway, I noticed that guests cannot view the links directory even though they are configured with permissions to do so.  Any bugs related to this issue?

There are two places you need to check:

1 - Groups. You must enable Guest group to access the app. This is a global permisson.

2 - Categories. Each category has.your own permission. Give Guests permission to view them.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

1 - Groups. You must enable Guest group to access the app. This is a global permisson.

2 - Categories. Each category has.your own permission. Give Guests permission to view them.

I have it set correctly, but, I don't want the Guest group to post links. 

Here's the group setting:

Screenshot 2016-07-17 07.53.31.png

And here's the settings for each category:

Screenshot 2016-07-17 07.55.04.png

I just tried re-saving and I still get this as a guest:

Screenshot 2016-07-17 07.55.58.png

I also checked to make sure the menu item has the right permission:

Screenshot 2016-07-17 07.57.11.png

Edited by Mike Gholson
1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

Update, I found the problem!  There are actually three places where permissions to this plugin are stored:

1 - Group (Permissions)

2 - Categories

3 - Group (Edit) -- You have one more setting to totally disable the Links directory for a particular group.  To see it, you have to "edit" the group (not change the permissions).

Screenshot 2016-07-17 08.15.03.png

Thanks for such an awesome app, it's well done and we are enjoying it.

Edited by Mike Gholson
20 hours ago, Mike Gholson said:

Update, I found the problem!  There are actually three places where permissions to this plugin are stored:

1 - Group (Permissions)

2 - Categories

3 - Group (Edit) -- You have one more setting to totally disable the Links directory for a particular group.  To see it, you have to "edit" the group (not change the permissions).

That's what I said here:

22 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, mycota said:

For custom fields, custom Field Types that were created in Pages are not included in the dropdown options. 

I'm not aware of this. Does it happens with other apps? I don't see, for example, extra fields from Pages listed in Downloads.

Or vice versa.

EDIT: or mean types of extra field? If so, this app uses the Extra Field model available. Which type you miss?

Edited by Adriano Faria
8 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I'm not aware of this. Does it happens with other apps? I don't see, for example, extra fields from Pages listed in Downloads.

Or vice versa.

EDIT: or mean types of extra field? If so, this app uses the Extra Field model available. Which type you miss?

I mean types of extra fields I believe. I have a number of field types that were specifically build for Pages. They are not typically propagated into the field type options for other apps unless the Dev specifically chooses to bring them in.

Edited by mycota
6 minutes ago, mycota said:

I mean types of extra fields I believe. I have a number of field types that were specifically build for Pages. They are not typically propagated into the field type options for other apps unless the Dev specifically chooses to bring them in.

It seems to be a hook on Pages Extra Fields when it should have been hooked into Extra Fields model (core). Probably that's why it doesn't appear. Anyway, hard to say soemething without know what it is, how it was done and what I'm supposed to do to work on my app.

12 hours ago, Cloud 9 said:

Its a php error i think causing nginx to give me a 500 error - acp logs show the links files as the problem - can i pm you the acp system log errors ?

You're using 4.1.14 Beta. There's a change in URL: https://invisionpower.com/release-notes/

I can't update the file yet since it is Beta. It will be updated when it's released.

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

I can add reviews in a future version, no problem.

Also, if you have custom fields... is there a way to show a specific field when viewing the link? Like how would you go about adding that field inside the template? Is it similar to IPB's field style?