Jump to content

Links Directory


Adriano Faria

Recommended Posts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just 2 features, you might be interested adding when updating this application.😇🙏

1. Possibility to use the "Linked accounts - post as" for links, but also for the comments & reviews section (if you have the plugin installed, of course)

2. The possibility to include the categories in the main forum board like "Club Cards on Forum index" plugin.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kenneth Baker said:

i found out that member groups who have no permission to add attachments in their group settings can still upload files thru the submit links page, is this some loophole or am i missing some setting?

Yes, just checked and my mistake. If you have access to FTP in your server and want to fix by yourself, open applications/links/extensions/core/EditorLocations/Links.php and find:

	public function canAttach( $member, $field )
	{
		return TRUE;
	}

Change to:

	public function canAttach( $member, $field )
	{
		return NULL;
	}

I'll fix in next version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

What's New in Version 5.6.0

IPS 4.6 ONLY!

  • Added ability to post links/comments anonymously
  • Added a  new setting to check URL status on link submission
    • Setting initially disabled
  • IMPORTANT: Packages remade from the scratch
    • MAKE SURE YOU REVIEW YOUR PACKAGES AFTER UPGRADE
  • Script optimization
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2021 at 11:27 AM, Adriano Faria said:

 

What's New in Version 5.6.0

IPS 4.6 ONLY!

  • Added ability to post links/comments anonymously
  • Added a  new setting to check URL status on link submission
    • Setting initially disabled
  • IMPORTANT: Packages remade from the scratch
    • MAKE SURE YOU REVIEW YOUR PACKAGES AFTER UPGRADE
  • Script optimization

Hi

I updated to 4.6 Beta 2 and cannot Update Links Directory to 5.6.0 the following Error occurs:

1S111/1 Class IPS\links\setup\upg_500059\Upgrade could not be loaded. Ensure it has been properly prefixed with an underscore and is in the correct namespace.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Andreas Toscan said:

Hi

I updated to 4.6 Beta 2 and cannot Update Links Directory to 5.6.0 the following Error occurs:

1S111/1 Class IPS\links\setup\upg_500059\Upgrade could not be loaded. Ensure it has been properly prefixed with an underscore and is in the correct namespace.

A new version was just submitted to fix the upgrade. You have to wait for it to be reviewed and approved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Andreas Toscan said:

Thanks, @Adriano Fariabut it is still not working with the same Error Message.

Kind regards

Andreas

Not for me. Tested and retested:

---------------------

---------------------

What should happen in your board is that the upgrade updated some cache or value in the database and now is recognizing the new version when you still have the old.

Run the support tool to update your cache then retry. If it insists, send a PM with ACP credentials and I will take a look later. 

Edited by Adriano Faria
Add a screen video
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately this app is showing that it is no longer compatible with 4.5 as such I can't install it.

image.png.8d22478046de52bb06c2e039ac9f733e.png

Please make a version available for 4.5 as I won't be upgrading to 4.6 until it has been officially released and the marketplace apps I will be using have all been updated to be compatible with 4.6. Thanks...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Chris Anderson said:

Unfortunately this app is showing that it is no longer compatible with 4.5 as such I can't install it.

image.png.8d22478046de52bb06c2e039ac9f733e.png

Please make a version available for 4.5 as I won't be upgrading to 4.6 until it has been officially released and the marketplace apps I will be using have all been updated to be compatible with 4.6. Thanks...

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

spacer.png

I checked again.  No matter which version you choose here it shows it's only compatible with Version 4.6.  The app doesn't show up in the ACP marketplace even though it did prior to you releasing Version 5.6.0 and 5.6.0.1 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Chris Anderson said:

I checked again.  No matter which version you choose here it shows it's only compatible with Version 4.6.  The app doesn't show up in the ACP marketplace even though it did prior to you releasing Version 5.6.0 and 5.6.0.1 

You have to submit a ticket to IPS. I did the only thing I can: I updated the resource to IPS 4.6. New version is compatible with it only. I have no idea how you will download prior versions. This is a marketplace thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Summarizing: LD version 5.6.X is IPS 4.6.X only. No new versions will be released to IPS 4.5. If that’s your doubt, it’s answered. If you want to download the latest version for IPS 4.5 (LD 5.5.5) and you’re not able to, then you should submit a ticket to IPS.

Edited by Adriano Faria
Make versions clearer.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chris Anderson said:

I checked again.  No matter which version you choose here it shows it's only compatible with Version 4.6.  The app doesn't show up in the ACP marketplace even though it did prior to you releasing Version 5.6.0 and 5.6.0.1 

As far as I understand it, the Marketplace really works like that. A resource can only be available for multiple IC versions, if ONE VERSION of that resource supports all those IC versions. If there is a version for 4.5 and the developer makes a separate 4.6 version available, users on 4.5 won’t see that product anymore since the current release restricts the product to 4.6 only. The developers and theme designers wouldn’t be able to do anything about that. I guess we will see a lot of complaints about that problem now. It didn’t exist before, since the older resources before 4.5 were all manual downloads anyway. 

Edited by opentype
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 12:14 PM, Adriano Faria said:

You have to submit a ticket to IPS. I did the only thing I can: I updated the resource to IPS 4.6. New version is compatible with it only. I have no idea how you will download prior versions. This is a marketplace thing. 

I can confirm this as well it not showing up. I open up a ticket before finding this post and they stated it was only for 4.6 but base on the information above if the owner can't see the addon because it mislisted for early versions I can see what IPB was trying to do but in this case they may need to be a fix to this issue so other problem with other applications and user don't have a similar problems. I did reply to the support ticket I have with this post, waiting for a reply.

On 5/29/2021 at 1:21 PM, opentype said:

As far as I understand it, the Marketplace really works like that. A resource can only be available for multiple IC versions, if ONE VERSION of that resource supports all those IC versions. If there is a version for 4.5 and the developer makes a separate 4.6 version available, users on 4.5 won’t see that product anymore since the current release restricts the product to 4.6 only. The developers and theme designers wouldn’t be able to do anything about that. I guess we will see a lot of complaints about that problem now. It didn’t exist before, since the older resources before 4.5 were all manual downloads anyway. 

100% a problem now but hopefully they can a apply a patch to fix this problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...