Links Directory

16 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I haven't tested it. I don't think any necessary step should be required. Should be the same for calendar, Commerce, etc.

Try to edit a link and see what happens.

ok i have tried to change it nothing happens

in the google page itself it not really a lot what you make wrong when creating this key - correct webpage is inside and the api key from there in IPS ACP insert and saved with both options activ 

Could be also an IPS problem maybe and with your app everything ok :thumbsup: :

Edited by m@t
2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Added an API key and the same happens on Calendar:

Any news from your ticket ?

Tier2 is working on it - 50% is working now with google places autocomplete .... but map integration is still with broken images .. I wait at the moment for reply of ips 

ip check bring also the same problem :cry:

-–------------ fix for the google map broken images ------------

To resolve the google maps issue you need to add two api in google, then it works as before uprade to ips 4.1.13

google static maps api & google maps javascript api 

Edited by m@t

@Adriano Faria

could you kindly have a look to the top hits block - i found there a little thing with the column header

video block.jpg

and at the "Links Feed block" it shows me only 4 links with an higher set value in settings of the block - i have input 10 to show for example but always only 4

Thx in advance

31 minutes ago, m@t said:

and at the "Links Feed block" it shows me only 4 links with an higher set value in settings of the block - i have input 10 to show for example but always only 4

Horizontal mode shows only 4 in Feeds for all apps. Sidebar has no limit.

32 minutes ago, m@t said:

could you kindly have a look to the top hits block - i found there a little thing with the column header

You mean missing lang bits? It is fine on boards I use it. Let me take a look.

31 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Horizontal mode shows only 4 in Feeds for all apps. Sidebar has no limit.

You mean missing lang bits? It is fine on boards I use it. Let me take a look.

Could you kindly change this with the Links Feed block that this work in both directions as set in block settings? for example that there is a second row or with an simple silder for example - or great would be also to have the "random links" as moveable block for other pages as it is with Links feed block or with top hits block ;) 

Yes correct i mean the missing lang bits in the top hits block - this happens when you give the block at the right part (sidebar ?) of the links main page - if it change it under random links for example the correct header column names are there 

I have checked now with another language the page with "Top Hits block" - i have DE & EN - at DE the header is correct - at EN is the issue

Thanks in advance

Edited by m@t
19 minutes ago, m@t said:

Could you kindly change this with the Links Feed block that this work in both directions as set in block settings?

Things aren't so easy as it seems, Mat. It isn't just a question of "kindly" do something. It is built like that for all apps. That's the way it is.

21 minutes ago, m@t said:

Yes correct i mean the missing lang bits in the top hits block - this happens when you give the block at the right part (sidebar ?) of the links main page - if it change it under random links for example the correct header column names are there 

Ok, I'll take a look.

26 minutes ago, m@t said:

I have checked now with another language the page with "Top Hits block" - i have DE & EN - at DE the header is correct - at EN is the issue

That doesn't make sense. Search the lang bits and see what appears in your language management. Anyway, this is handled by the core, not by any app. If it was an error on app (missing language bits), the error should happen in all languages.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

That doesn't make sense. Search the lang bits and see what appears in your language management. Anyway, this is handled by the core, not by any app. If it was an error on app (missing language bits), the error should happen in all languages.

That is interessting i use the original ips language file usa the lang bits are not inside ... In german translation i find them 

how can i add them to the existing language that it is fixed ? 

Edited by m@t
14 minutes ago, m@t said:

That is interessting i use the original ips language file usa the lang bits are not inside ... In german translation i find them 

how can i add them to the existing language that it is fixed ? 

I see what you mean! I added a language existing in another app that you probably don't have! >_<

In the meantime, you can you go to your ACP -> Customizations -> edit your skin template ( </> ) -> links -> front -> widgets -> TopHits. Find:

<div class='ipsTabs ipsTabs_small ipsTabs_stretch ipsClearfix' id='elLinksTopHits' data-ipsTabBar data-ipsTabBar-contentArea='#elLinksTopHits_content'>
		<a href='#elLinksTopHits' data-action='expandTabs'><i class='fa fa-caret-down'></i></a>
		<ul role="tablist">
			<li>
				<a href='#ipsTabs_elLinksTopHits_elLinks_topHitsWeek_panel' id='elLinks_topHitsWeek' class='ipsTabs_item ipsTabs_activeItem ipsType_center' role="tab" aria-selected='true'>{lang="top_week"}</a>
			</li>
			<li>
				<a href='#ipsTabs_elLinksTopHits_elLinks_topHitsMonth_panel' id='elLinks_topHitsMonth' class='ipsTabs_item ipsType_center' role="tab" aria-selected='false'>{lang="top_month"}</a>
			</li>		
			<li>
				<a href='#ipsTabs_elLinksTopHits_elLinks_topHitsYear_panel' id='elLinks_topHitsYear' class='ipsTabs_item ipsType_center' role="tab" aria-selected='false'>{lang="top_year"}</a>
			</li>
			<li>
				<a href='#ipsTabs_elLinksTopHits_elLinks_topHitsAll_panel' id='elLinks_topHitsAll' class='ipsTabs_item ipsType_center' role="tab" aria-selected='false'>{lang="top_alltime"}</a>
			</li>
		</ul>
	</div>

Change to:

<div class='ipsTabs ipsTabs_small ipsTabs_stretch ipsClearfix' id='elLinksTopHits' data-ipsTabBar data-ipsTabBar-contentArea='#elLinksTopHits_content'>
		<a href='#elLinksTopHits' data-action='expandTabs'><i class='fa fa-caret-down'></i></a>
		<ul role="tablist">
			<li>
				<a href='#ipsTabs_elLinksTopHits_elLinks_topHitsWeek_panel' id='elLinks_topHitsWeek' class='ipsTabs_item ipsTabs_activeItem ipsType_center' role="tab" aria-selected='true'>{lang="week"}</a>
			</li>
			<li>
				<a href='#ipsTabs_elLinksTopHits_elLinks_topHitsMonth_panel' id='elLinks_topHitsMonth' class='ipsTabs_item ipsType_center' role="tab" aria-selected='false'>{lang="month"}</a>
			</li>		
			<li>
				<a href='#ipsTabs_elLinksTopHits_elLinks_topHitsYear_panel' id='elLinks_topHitsYear' class='ipsTabs_item ipsType_center' role="tab" aria-selected='false'>{lang="year"}</a>
			</li>
			<li>
				<a href='#ipsTabs_elLinksTopHits_elLinks_topHitsAll_panel' id='elLinks_topHitsAll' class='ipsTabs_item ipsType_center' role="tab" aria-selected='false'>{lang="alltime"}</a>
			</li>
		</ul>
	</div>

Fix will come in next version.

Just now, m@t said:

One question about "links feed block" - there is good possibility to filter - could add there please also sort by "Random" 

Feeds is a core feature and works in the same manner for all aps; I just inform my class (\IPS\links\Link). It isn't something I can change on my app.

Anyway, I took note of this suggestion for a further version... not now, after I finish the other app I'm working.

I will release 5.0.2 probably during the weekend but yet without Commerce integration... still untested as it should.

New features:

• Type of Content field: Admin will be able to choose between Editor WYSIWYG or a Textarea (plain text). This is to avoid user from posting links, images, etc.
  • Minimum title length
  • Maximum title length
  • Minimum description length
  • Store unique hit per member: If enabled, only one hit will be stored for the member, regardless how many times the user hit the link.
  • Display number of links in subcategories on index
  • Display latest link from subcategories when you're browing a category

It's missing two points to work. ^_^

What's New in Version 5.0.2:

Fixes

• A few random issues reported

New Feature

• Type of Content field: Admin will be able to choose between Editor WYSIWYG or a Textarea (plain text). This is to avoid user from posting links, images, etc.
  • Minimum title length
  • Maximum title length
  • Minimum description length
  • Store unique hit per member: If enabled, only one hit will be stored for the member, regardless how many times the user hit the link.
  • Extra Fields position: new setting to define which type of extra fields will appear under the link description. Useful for types like Editor or Text, where you can store a large number of text and it doesn't fit nice on its default place (under IP Address on Link Information section).
  • Link To area on link view: now links will be displayed inside a text box with a button to copy to clipboard
  • Display number of links in subcategories on index
  • Display latest link from subcategories when you're browing a category

Next version:

• Commerce integration: you will be able to monetize your community by charging for link submission.
  • Implement a slider on Feed widget when in horizontal mode
  • Overhaul on thumbnail size

@Adriano Faria

i use this for different ways, to show buttons for links, to show icons for languages with selection boxes, to show always same infos with just need to select from a box or you can show just with a word in text format a lot of things with google connections or via different api connections 

i always put into the custom format html codes or little bit php, it is very useful - i learned this with pages there is it activ for default also in other apps - very useful option at custom fields with the format input 

Edited by m@t
2 minutes ago, m@t said:

@Adriano Faria

i use this for different ways, to show buttons for links, to show icons for languages with selection boxes, to show always same infos with just need to select from a box or you can show just with a word in text format a lot of things with google connections oder via different api connections 

i always but into the custom format html codes or little bit php, it is very useful - i learned this with pages there is it activ for default also in other apps - very useful option at custom fields with the format input 

So it's enough to be there? It won't have any impact in how it is displayed on link view.

@Adriano Faria

yes just the format input field activ with custom fields as in my screen above is perfect .. I create the use with html, php, css codes in connection of the selected field typ by my own then .... Most of the time it is something for design 

i never used it with topics i had the first ideas at pages with different databases ^_^ 

i will try it then i have a lot of ideas with link views 

Edited by m@t