Jump to content

Links Directory


Adriano Faria

Recommended Posts

On 11/6/2019 at 4:51 PM, Bluto said:

Just throwing some ideas out there - not sure if all would be possible.

1.  Points for submitting a link

4.  Points for getting a link featured

5.  Points if a link gets pinned

7.  Points if a link gets X hits

I will add these in the new version. I'll see how it goes then I can add the others.

ErhSxH4.png

jrzcdcS.png

Edited by Adriano Faria
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's New in Version 5.4.11:

New Feature:

  • Integrate with Members Shop
    • Earn points when submitting a link
    • Earn points when getting a link pinned
    • Earn points when getting a link featured
    • Earn points when a link has at least a specific number of hits

Enhancement:

  • Removes Packages link from ACP menu if you doesn't has Commerce installed
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 5.4.11:

New Feature:

  • Integrate with Members Shop
    • Earn points when submitting a link
    • Earn points when getting a link pinned
    • Earn points when getting a link featured
    • Earn points when a link has at least a specific number of hits

Enhancement:

  • Removes Packages link from ACP menu if you doesn't has Commerce installed

Thanks @Adriano Faria!  You're the best.  🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, great application but the images from: https://miniature.io/ does not work. I have a API key but cant enter it in te application.

Screenshot machine has a working API but when i use this one there is an SSL error on the pages within the Link application. 

Can miniature be fixed?

Example of miniature: https://www.duken.nl/forums/links/link/71-spikesplacelive/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Duken said:

Hi, great application but the images from: https://miniature.io/ does not work. I have a API key but cant enter it in te application.

Screenshot machine has a working API but when i use this one there is an SSL error on the pages within the Link application. 

Can miniature be fixed?

Example of miniature: https://www.duken.nl/forums/links/link/71-spikesplacelive/

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, i tried. Rebuild does not work. Also after a few hours. Screenshot machine is a good service that works. But i get SLL errors when this service is used on the Links pages Looks like an error. I save the images locally. Hope there is a fix. Thank you!

(Maby the miniature API is also a fix)

edit: You mean refresh thumbnail right? Not rebuild?

Edited by Duken
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Refresh on Link Actions menu on link view. 

I’m not responsible for 3rd-party service as I already explained several times in this topic. If a screenshot provider isn’t work, then switch to another. If no service available in the application is working, then I accept suggestions of a working provider. 

Send a message with Screenshot Machine credentials if you want me to try it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This app work: when I submit a website, the app automatically fill all information of the website? Images, map, description about the website... Or I wrong? 

1. I would like create a school directory, but it will be hard work because I will have to collect all information and images then upload it. This app help me to avoid mentioned hard work? 

2. After I created those websites links, maybe some websites link owners want to request the admin rol to manage the link and interact with the community members, as customers services and marketing. There any mechanism designed to transfer the link owner and let themselves pay for the request? 

3. There ability to add more tabs under each link? e.g. Add a faq tab, add a topics tab(if the link work as customer services, there will be generate many events or topics that are commented by members, with a topic tab will help to keep these comments organized and engage participation) . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @Adriano Faria . Can i request a new feature? I want to keep the links even when the site stops, is offline or quits. Is there a way to change the URL to a dummy one so the reactions on a link will stay and guest from Google can still find information about the website? When i change the link now the thumbnail is changed. I want to keep the old thumbnail. 

Hope the is possible.  Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Duken said:

I want to keep the links even when the site stops, is offline

That’s possible but I don’t understand what you mean by “quits”.

I have no idea what you mean with this:

57 minutes ago, Duken said:

Is there a way to change the URL to a dummy one so the reactions on a link will stay and guest from Google can still find information about the website? When i change the link now the thumbnail is changed. I want to keep the old thumbnail. 

I’ll try anyway. The link image and thumbnail has always its path updated when you edit a link; that’s how it works. The API returns a new URL and update the path.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, for the misunderstanding. 

What i do now is change the URL to my own website so the link works. But the thumbnail is wrong. Maby there is a way to add "website is offline" option so the "visit link" is gone? Thats better for Google / Visitors that they don't enter a dead URL or something.

Edited by Duken
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/17/2020 at 10:38 AM, Adriano Faria said:

It has a link checker with a couple of options: hide or delete the link, if I’m not mistaken. You can enable the setting and a task will run once per day or week (not sure) to check your links status.

Great, so "Hide links" means that the page still exists but the visit link button is removed? Can this also be done manually on a linkobject? Sometimes the domain is sold so its redirected and linkdirectory "thinks" is online.

Is this a format issue, or am i doing anything wrong? I use the default IPB theme but when you add text to the categories and the background is gray the letters has a white background. Also within the categorie. Is this normal?

image.png.148c722fd9875be3636cba41dcfdd777.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Duken said:

Great, so "Hide links" means that the page still exists but the visit link button is removed?

 No. HIDE means remove it from public view.

3 hours ago, Duken said:

Is this a format issue, or am i doing anything wrong? I use the default IPB theme but when you add text to the categories and the background is gray the letters has a white background. Also within the categorie. Is this normal?

It’s the zebra CSS class. It’s used everywhere, including forums index.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I just bought this and am excited to use it! I turned on an example paid package, made it available to all member groups, mock logged in as a basic member - and it let me add a link without paying. Paid submission is ON. What do you think might be happening?

I want to feature links that just have the image, and do not have any other info on our home page. I want to use the LINKS FEED block to do that. How can I make that happen?

Even better would be to remove the word LINKS and just have the logos. That's what our people want.

142856601_ScreenShot2020-05-03at8_15_46PM.thumb.png.df58bc843a5058cc0c5a4d6d0e9315e6.png

Edited by Blisslandia
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Blisslandia said:

I just bought this and am excited to use it! I turned on an example paid package, made it available to all member groups, mock logged in as a basic member - and it let me add a link without paying. Paid submission is ON. What do you think might be happening?

I want to feature links that just have the image, and do not have any other info on our home page. I want to use the LINKS FEED block to do that. How can I make that happen?

Even better would be to remove the word LINKS and just have the logos. That's what our people want.

 

1154460369_ScreenShot2020-05-03at8_15_46PM.thumb.png.a236f5738578407cc4a6d41c53dd9133.png
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...