Links Directory

Starting over with a clean install of everything...

Installed Links Directory 5.4.7 and all seemed well until I setup "extra fields".  I even marked the fields "required".  But they do not show up on the form to add new links, in either position... below description or sidebar.  New listings add just fine even though the extra fields are marked required, but since the fields are missing I guess that's why the listing still gets added.

So, am I missing something? or is there a bug/problem with v5.4.7 as I see in the release notes that "extra fields" got some work this time around and am wondering if somethings a miss for "new / clean" installs vs. "upgrades".

Also... I signed up to your soinvision website to submit a bug report using the link in the description.  However, the link appears to be bad as your site reports "could not locate..".  Just thought you should know.  This is the link I am talking about :  http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/tracker/linksdirectory/

Edited by Allegheny

That's just weird.  I just checked after receiving your message and it's still showing content not found.  I've cleared my local cache, rebooted and still... no such luck.

I am good, my problem is fixed.  But I thought I'd let you know that atleast from here in Pennsylvania.... something seems wrong with your support site.

I've attached two images of some of what I am seeing on my end.

activity-stream-error.jpg

error-link-directory-tracker.jpg

Is it possible to use the listings "extra fields" to insert a widget into a listing?

What I'd like to do is insert an "image feed" from a specific gallery (created for that listing) into the listing body using the "extra fields" option.

If I use the main page editor, I can already insert a "gallery image feed" to show a particular album on the page itself... but of course, it's that same album for all listings.  That won't work for me.

So, I am wondering... if I could insert the gallery image feed widget into each listing (using extra fields) so that I could choose a "specific" and different album for each listing (that I have already created).

There's probably already a way for me to do this using the extra field code option or editor, but I have not dug to deep into that yet and first thought I'd check here.

On 9/12/2019 at 3:43 PM, Adriano Faria said:

I'll take a look next week when I have to release a new version... if that's something that will demand too much work for now, I'll do it.

Hey.  Just checking back with you to see if you checked it out if it was or wasn't an easy fix.  If not, no worries.  Hopefully it's something you can add in the future.  🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2019 at 12:27 AM, Bluto said:

Hey.  Just checking back with you to see if you checked it out if it was or wasn't an easy fix.  If not, no worries.  Hopefully it's something you can add in the future.  🙂

Hey Bluto, I guess I misunderstood the problem. What is happening is a "default" behaviour. Links category view is the same controller from a Links club feature, so any widget added in any of them will also show in the other place. You can see this happening on:

- Forums:

vc0nndD.png

- Downloads:

OwcmHdD.png

Probably happens with others. I'm not aware of a way to "separate" this as they share the same controller.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to inform you.

I have the same issue on all my sites: carousel for widgets has stopped to work. It happens nothing if you click on the arrow on the right side of the widget. I have the issue with Gallery and Links directory. There are no issues with Our picks though. It only applies if you add a widget somewhere else using Block manager. The widgets placed on the index page of Links Directory through ACP do work. I have opened a ticket #37445.

EDIT: is confirmed bug now.

Edited by Sonya*
3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

On Gallery?

Yes. I cannot open a ticket for 3rd party app. But it seems to have the same behaviour/issue with your widgets. That's why I thought that I inform you. Probably when they solve the issue with Gallery, then Link Directory will be solved as well.

Edited by Sonya*
  • 2 weeks later...

A possible bug...  or I am missing something entirely.  The extra field's don' t seem to be searchable in v5.4.8

I setup an extra field (Editor) and set the search behavior to "Fetch all results that contain the value being searched for" and when doing a search for a unique term I put in the extra field, I get no results found.

However, if I put the exact same information in the main description it shows up in a search just fine.

I've worked around this for now, by just putting all information in the main description.

However, I had hoped to use the extra fields feature.

So, am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

5 hours ago, Allegheny said:

or I am missing something entirely.  The extra field's don' t seem to be searchable in v5.4.8

Not a bug. You simply can’t search in extra fields on IPS4.  You can search only in TITLE and in the CONTENT. The extra fields model adds this search field but it is totally useless as you can’t search for extra fields. This is a very old request. Join to the party: 

The topic is about Downloads because I can’t make a feedback regarding a 3rd-party app but it’s the same problem.

I suggest you to reply in the linked topic. Who knows IPS add this feature. 

7 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Yes, it can be done. Which type of integration?

I'm not exactly sure.  I'm going to be purchasing Member's Shop and asked @TheJackal84 if he could add LD to Member's Shop.  He asked me to ask you.  I'm assuming that someone would get point for visiting links, posting links, commenting and reviewing links.  Since I don't own Member's Shop yet, I'm not sure how to answer your question.

Yeah I can look into it, You can also ask adraino as he has members shop and all the coding needed to award points etc, All the ones you see by adraino have been added to his apps so it works with mine

Edited by Bluto