Links Directory

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Giray said:

Hi. In the Featured Links widget, what controls the order of appearance? Currently, on my site, the most recent one is actually hidden to the right.

There is no Featured Links widget. You mean the block in the index where you enable via settings? If so, it's random, which is better than a static list of records.

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

There is no Featured Links widget. You mean the block in the index where you enable via settings? If so, it's random, which is better than a static list of records.

Hi. Right, I meant the block. Understood. How often does it refresh the random order? Is it on each page reload or when a new link is posted?

Hi again 😉

So, here's my problem. I am trying to use link directory in Clubs, the idea being that each club can have its 'own' links. The problem is, that if anyone else - the main forum or any other club - has listed that link, you cannot list it again, it come's out duplicate and therefore is rejected. Is there any way to create a function that allows duplicates? Either that or can there be an additional flag that is attached to the club itself so that the link is its own record but can sort of appear again?

Thanks Adriano.

Screenshot 2019-08-09 17.28.46.png

Edited by Giray
26 minutes ago, Giray said:

Hi again 😉

So, here's my problem. I am trying to use link directory in Clubs, the idea being that each club can have its 'own' links. The problem is, that if anyone else - the main forum or any other club - has listed that link, you cannot list it again, it come's out duplicate and therefore is rejected. Is there any way to create a function that allows duplicates? Either that or can there be an additional flag that is attached to the club itself so that the link is its own record but can sort of appear again?

There’s a setting to allow duplicate links. 

What's New in Version 5.4.7:

New Features:

• New setting to control the minimum image dimensios when uploading link thumbnail
  • New setting to control the file size when uploading link thumbnail

Enhancements:

• Admin CP menus reorganized
  • ACP Affiliates page merged with Links page
  • Added ability to choose extra field position per field (sidebar or below link description)
    • Due to that, setting to reposition extra fields types was removed. Upgrader will take care of extra fields position based on the old setting.
Edited by Adriano Faria

Hi @Adriano Faria

Thanks a lot !

We installed the new version

Image size works great

but images minimum dimensions we have a problem

when you say minimum dimensions : 1000 * 500, we agree 1000 = width, and 500 = height ?

Here are our settings :

images.thumb.png.1912f7591de1b1f65cc64fc853b4530f.png

But when we try to upload an image of 960 * 400, it tells us it doesnt match the minimum image dimensions