Links Directory

Adriano Faria

What's New in Version 5.4.5:

New Features:

• From now on you can convert a review to a comment. A new moderator permission will control who can use the feature.
  • From now on the link URL will be checked when submitting links, so only "good" URLs (response 200) will be allowed.

Fix:

• Rest API endpoint error when creating a Rest API key.

Quick question that I did not see a solution for.  In my Links Directory I have listings where the listing provides more than one service...  Is there a way to assign a listing to more than 1 category?  Or an easy way to duplicate an existing listing.  How do others approach this?

for example

Listing A fits within both of these categories...

- Category - Retail Sales

- Category - Repair & Restoration

Hi,

there is small issue with table links_packages. It was created as MyISAM and not InnoDB. All other tables created through 3rd party apps installation are automatically InnoDB in our database. Therefore I assume there is an issue in the install script of Links Directory. 

Sonya

1 minute ago, Sonya* said:

Hi,

there is small issue with table links_packages. It was created as MyISAM and not InnoDB. All other tables created through 3rd party apps installation are automatically InnoDB in our database. Therefore I assume there is an issue in the install script of Links Directory. 

Sonya

Tracker please. 

I noticed when I post link directory links on Facebook, Facebook always grabs the generic site image and never the screenshot thumbnail.  For other items like forums, Facebook usually grabs an image if there is one in the thread.  

Not sure if this is possible or not, but could the social sites grab the thumbnail image for each link?

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, CyanideBurial said:

The one that says "sorry there is a problem" then below it,it says "you dont have permission to view Links Directory" i would like to change that second error message.

ACP -> Customization ->Language -> click in the globe in the row of your language to translate it. Search for no_access_links. Change to whatever you want.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm successfully using this plugin, but having issues with the Google Maps map display of the listing.  I've set it up correctly I believe following the instructiosn, but here is what is happening.

1.  First time I go a Directory listing, it shows the maps correctly.

2. Second time I go a Directory listing, I get the following error from Google.

Here's the link, if others would like to try it out...

https://www.trumpetforum.com/links/link/35-chuck-levins-washington-music/

Screen-Shot-2019-07-27-at-9.26.16-AM.jpg

2 minutes ago, interfx said:

I'm successfully using this plugin, but having issues with the Google Maps map display of the listing.  I've set it up correctly I believe following the instructiosn, but here is what is happening.

1.  First time I go a Directory listing, it shows the maps correctly.

2. Second time I go a Directory listing, I get the following error from Google.

Here's the link, if others would like to try it out...

https://www.trumpetforum.com/links/link/35-chuck-levins-washington-music/

Hi there, the error is coming from Google, not from the app. Check your integration in the ACP.

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/maps-static/error-messages#signature

Another good test you can do is use the same address in the Calendar, for example.

Has anyone modified the "Visit Website" button color?   Trying to figure out how to modify to be another color (blue to match the rest of my site)...  Has anyone done this to increase the number of persons that click on the link?

I did a quick search in this thread, but could not find what others have done.  Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 9.32.34 AM.png

7 minutes ago, interfx said:

Has anyone modified the "Visit Website" button color?   Trying to figure out how to modify to be another color (blue to match the rest of my site)...  Has anyone done this to increase the number of persons that click on the link?

It uses the ipsButton_normal style:

<a {{if settings.links_linkview == 3}}target="_blank" {{endif}}{{if settings.links_nofollow}}rel="external nofollow" {{endif}}data-action="clickCounter" href='{$link->externalUrl}' title='{lang="links_visit_site"}' class='ipsButton ipsButton_normal ipsButton_fullWidth'>

Here you can see a button guide:

You need to see which one is the blue on your theme.

24 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It uses the ipsButton_normal style:

<a {{if settings.links_linkview == 3}}target="_blank" {{endif}}{{if settings.links_nofollow}}rel="external nofollow" {{endif}}data-action="clickCounter" href='{$link->externalUrl}' title='{lang="links_visit_site"}' class='ipsButton ipsButton_normal ipsButton_fullWidth'>

Here you can see a button guide:

You need to see which one is the blue on your theme.

That's great, I understand.  Where/How would I modify (possible?) the file that lets me switch button to "ipsButton_important"....

Thanks...