Jump to content

Community

Recommended Posts

It depends on where you want to hide. Author shows up everywhere: index, category view, link view, categories, search results, etc.

It doesn’t make much sense hide it, really. It’s like want to hide topic author. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see what you mean, and you're right. However, it looks wrong to have the same author on hundreds of links. If I'm populating 50% of the database, that puts me as the author. I think the option to have it as an impersonal, objective, directory would be a great addition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed. Saw that. I might just create a 'neutral' user that just does links. Obviously, if the real link owner joins the site, then I would put him/her. Not sure it's worth your while to do it my way, but if you ever do, great. Otherwise, for now... BTW, miniature.io is not being nice to me. Now trying screenshotmachine... let's see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's New in Version 5.4.1:

  • New feature: add setting to hide link submitter across the Links Directory app. Authorship will keep showing up in core areas, like search results, activity streams and profiles.

----------------------------------------------------

@Giray @Sonya*

It will hide the author info from:

  • Index blocks
  • Caregories listing
  • Browse categories
  • Link view
  • Widgets

6a2MC7H.png

ATqVloD.png

Xi9jN13.png

It will keep showing author info in core areas, like Activity Streams, search results, profiles, etc.

Setting:

hc2HVbg.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jυra said:

Anything I should know before upgrading the old IPB3 version to this?

Support is provided only for 4.1.X onwards:

Upgrade tested only from versions 4.1.1 and 4.1.0. So if you're using an older version, update to 4.1.X first.

I suggest you to try in a test board first. Do not try in your live board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CyanideBurial said:

On the image does it have to be an image of the site? Or can members upload their own pic for a cover pic or thumbnail?

You can upload your own image.

You can either change the setting to use an upload field or leave it capture the screenshot (using any image provider available) and go to the Link Actions menu and choose the Upload Image option to replace the capture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

You can upload your own image.

You can either change the setting to use an upload field or leave it capture the screenshot (using any image provider available) and go to the Link Actions menu and choose the Upload Image option to replace the capture. 

 

Awesome thanks for the quick reply!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's New in Version 5.4.2:

New Features:

  • Added widget for Best Reviewed Links
  • Mark categorioes and subcategories read

Fix:

  • Fix error when saving extra fields when adding/editing a link

Enhancements:

  • Script optimization due to new marketplace guidelines
    • drop columns from core tables and use own tables to store members preferences

 

Compatible with IPS 4.4 ONLY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Adriano. Not sure if you can help. I've selected screenshotmachine for my links. It was working fine. All of a sudden I'm getting their invalid hash image. I still have a free account with them so I can't get support. Have you seen this before? As for the hash, not sure where to enter it on our end. All I can input on our end is the Customer Key.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Giray said:

Hi Adriano. Not sure if you can help. I've selected screenshotmachine for my links. It was working fine. All of a sudden I'm getting their invalid hash image. I still have a free account with them so I can't get support. Have you seen this before? As for the hash, not sure where to enter it on our end. All I can input on our end is the Customer Key.

Thanks!

I'll take a look during the weekend to see if they have changed their API.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2019 at 5:14 PM, Adriano Faria said:

I'll take a look during the weekend to see if they have changed their API.

Hi Adriano. Any luck with this? Tried posting an additional/new link as well as refreshing the old ones, and still nothing. I did try directly on screenshotmachine - using their onsite screenshot generator - and there it works, so their own site is still functional.

Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Giray said:

Hi Adriano. Any luck with this? Tried posting an additional/new link as well as refreshing the old ones, and still nothing. I did try directly on screenshotmachine - using their onsite screenshot generator - and there it works, so their own site is still functional.

Thanks again!

Are you using their FREE or PAID plan? I'm using FREE and works fine:

OTnOD3s.png

 

UQcXpFZ.png

 

I'm using FREE and my account doesn't even has a "hash" code:

z94JwCY.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi. Using Free. I saw that too, no hash code and yet that's the image that comes up.

Bizarrely, yesterday for about one hour or so, one of the links worked and then it disappeared again. I checked and I still have 95 screenshots left on the free account, so that's not the problem either. Hmm. Not sure what to debug next? Thinking...

links directory hash problem.png

Edited by Giray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Giray said:

Hi. Using Free. I saw that too, no hash code and yet that's the image that comes up.

Bizarrely, yesterday for about one hour or so, one of the links worked and then it disappeared again. I checked and I still have 95 screenshots left on the free account, so that's not the problem either. Hmm. Not sure what to debug next? Thinking...

links directory hash problem.png

Send a PM with your key and a couple of URLs from your records. Let me test them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Found the problem.

If you are using Screenshotmachine with a free account, if they do not ask you to put one, do not put in a secret phrase! I removed it, added two new links, and now it's working! I'm not sure if it will refresh the old links, however. I think I have to delete and replace each one. But now it's working like a charm.

Edit

Did not have to replace. Just deleted the secret key and then the browser cache and I'm good.

Thanks for looking in to it Adriano.

Edited by Giray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Giray said:

If you are using Screenshotmachine with a free account, if they do not ask you to put one, do not put in a secret phrase! I removed it

Not sure what you’re talking about. Secret phrase isn’t even requested in the app settings:

13099410-88D9-4246-9B29-57AACFEF153C.thumb.jpeg.74a1e9af4114a3a011024908696f6bc1.jpeg

and I don’t have it in my account. Screenshotmachine requires a CUSTOMER KEY as I showed here:

15 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

z94JwCY.png

Anyway, if it works for you then it it’s ok to me. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed. There is no place to put a secret phrase in your application. There is, however, a place to put it in on the Screenshotmachine site. All I am telling people is to be careful not to put one in there. If they do, like I did, then they will get an error. Your application is not the problem, it's just a matter of knowing what to do, and I did not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest permissions ignored? I (admin) can see the Links Directory, but the guest sees a 404-error.  In the settings everything is included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...