Jump to content

Community

Adriano Faria

Links Directory

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

???????

What’s the problem?

When generating a new API Key:

  • 3S291/4 The endpoint does not have a valid documentation header.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I just buy the plugin, in future updates, can you consider add an option to extract the image from the open graph tags instead a full capture of the website? is there anyway to disable the thumbnail for the categories?

Also Im having a problem when trying to edit a link, after click on edit I get this screen but I cant edit anything, when I click on the edit button nothing happens

image.thumb.png.d0ee91ad7a88ec2462644b0c637f19d7.png

 

ty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, madmaxpower said:

is there anyway to disable the thumbnail for the categories?

You can remove it from listing by editing a template.

1 hour ago, madmaxpower said:

Also Im having a problem when trying to edit a link, after click on edit I get this screen but I cant edit anything, when I click on the edit button nothing happens

I’ll take a look in a couple of hours or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, madmaxpower said:

Im having a problem when trying to edit a link, after click on edit I get this screen but I cant edit anything, when I click on the edit button nothing happens

image.thumb.png.d0ee91ad7a88ec2462644b0c637f19d7.png

What's New in Version 5.3.1:

  • Fix blank page when editing a link
  • Compatiable with IPS 4.4 only!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Another question, not sure how extra fields work. After I create an extra field it should appears in the submit link form? or I have to do something else to show it?

I figured it out, is possible to re arrange an extra field? for example I want to show as the third field to fill instead the last one

ty

Edited by madmaxpower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

You can drag and drop them to set your desired order.

yes I find that but is not posible (for example) to drag and drop an extra field after the title field?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looks great.  Going to buy it shortly and replace my Pages directory.

Just a couple of questions wrt to the Commerce integration.

In the images I see a What's new Block and  Random Links block.

Is there a Featured links block that people could pay for?

In that vein, is there an ability to pay for a pinned link in a category, and possibly have the ability to set the number of those to a maximum?

I'm going to get this either way, just not sure if these are questions or feature requests!  😉


EDIT: To buy this for more that one site, just go through the purchase process again?

Edited by socceronly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, socceronly said:

EDIT: To buy this for more that one site, just go through the purchase process again?

Yes.

37 minutes ago, socceronly said:

Just a couple of questions wrt to the Commerce integration.

In the images I see a What's new Block and  Random Links block.

Is there a Featured links block that people could pay for? 

In that vein, is there an ability to pay for a pinned link in a category, and possibly have the ability to set the number of those to a maximum?

I have a version that will work with packages, so you can set in the packages the settings for the submissions: pin and/or feature. It's under tests. I have only one user using it and I didn't receive enough feedback yet so I rather wait a little bit before release it. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

Yes.

I have a version that will work with packages, so you can set in the packages the settings for the submissions: pin and/or feature. It's under tests. I have only one user using it and I didn't receive enough feedback yet so I rather wait a little bit before release it. 🙂

Great.  I bought one for now, I don't need the commerce stuff on this site, and no rush on the one that does. 

Looking forward to it.

JM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having a problem with the links directory (v.5.31, ipb 4.4). 

For some reason, the app is not working for some user groups. Takes guests for example:

links1.thumb.jpg.14fd645f9dd1375bd80e18b47df94f3c.jpg

I've made sure the group can access the links directory. I have also double checked that they can see the different categories. 

yet, when they click on the links app, they just get an error page:

links2.thumb.jpg.9b53bcbce4b5dcbf641613914f861bc5.jpg

Apparently, regular members are getting the same error. Admins can see everything just fine.

What could be going wrong? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Telemacus2 said:

Apparently, regular members are getting the same error. Admins can see everything just fine.

What could be going wrong?  

This is a core error; it's not coming from my app. Taking a look at the core source code, you need to enable GUESTS in the module. Go to ACP -> System -> Applications -> click in the Links Directory app title to expand the menu and you will see:

BPPTDAB.png

Click in the padlock and enable Guests in the permissions popup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 12:17 AM, Sonya* said:

Lastmod is not set in sitemap for links.


<url>
<loc>
https://www.mysite.com/links/link/1966-my-super-link/
</loc>
<lastmod>1970-01-01T00:00:00+00:00</lastmod>
<priority>1</priority>
</url>

For me I do not use comments but only reviews, so lastmod should be the date of the newest review on the link.

 I have updated IPS to 4.4.3 and Links Directory to 5.3.2. There is still the same issue in the sitemap. This should be feasible now 

 

Quote

New useful methods:

Item::lastModificationDate() - The sitemap generation uses this method to get the last modification date.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Domain names that contain non-latin characters are displayed encoded on the link view under the title.

screenshot-2019_05.02-13-04-06.png.b1a7ebaadad79c9d059d374cec957380.png

The real domain name is https://владимиру-путину.рф It would be also better if a link under the domain name would be clickable. At least optionally? It seems that our user just do not "see" the button "Visit the site" with link. Our hits stats is even worse as bad after few months. :sad:

Edited by Sonya*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...