Links Directory

46 minutes ago, Martin1980 said:

Another language string is missing: 

87270f4e5e67424e8b2b9b48d4eb5a43.png

BTW, would you prefer to report the bugs in the test forum or in this thread?

On my board.

46 minutes ago, Martin1980 said:

BTW, would you prefer to report the bugs in the test forum or in this thread?

Bug: when you click the link 'edit widgets' and select

I'll take a look.

Edited by Adriano Faria

Whenever I click on the link "find there other links" I get:

[[Template core/front/profile/userContent is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've rebuilt the cache several times, always get this error.  I've tried it on several skins, custom, default, and IPS Support.  All give me the same error.

Great app looks really good, thx to Adriano ;)

One questions to the clients who have bought this app -  regarding PHP7 - what is your experience?
- because i use php 7.02 and works perfect with IPS4 for me   (Adriano told me at 7.00 it works good for him, but he has not tested at higher php release)

I have read some very good reviews in this topic/thread but not sure which php7 version you are using at your servers 

Thanks in advance for the feedback ^_^

1 minute ago, m@t said:

Great app looks really good, thx to Adriano ;)

One questions to the clients who have bought this app -  regarding PHP7 - what is your experience?
- because i use php 7.02 and works perfect with IPS4 for me   (Adriano told me at 7.00 it works good for him, but he has not tested at higher php release)

I have read some very good reviews in this topic/thread but not sure which php7 version you are using at your servers 

Thanks in advance for the feedback ^_^

@Bluto

Also, 5.0.1 is available to be tested for those who bought it. Let me know if you want to test it.

Commerce integration will come in 5.0.2, probably.

@Adriano Faria

would it be possible to have the "whats new" or/and "random links" as block too to place it at other parts of the system for example on a landing page or to get cross info at other parts of a homepage 

and the option in the blocks to have an automatic loop 

i love this carousel style blocks 

Edited by m@t

I have also pages is there a possibility to us the links as a feed like records, .. ?

Then i can create my own blocks with the links from directory, would be the same result as requested above when i know the variable used for the screens

i mean here to have it as a block as you have created for statistic block

Edited by m@t
5 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 5.0.1:

Fixes:

• Templates, missing language bits and a few random issues reported.

New Feature:

• Added location field to the link, so a map will be displayed on link view

Next version:

• Commerce integration: you will be able to monetize your community by charging for link submission.

Nice!  Thanks again for keeping your mods updated.  :thumbsup:

What would be and interesting addition would be votes / fav lists per category, so that there would be kind of a competition for up-votes / favs.  Each category would have a separate page where it listed the top votes for each category w/ the admin option to list 5, 10, 15, 20, etc. number of items on the list per category.  These category list would be in addition to the normal links pages.

If there was an additional option to "pay to vote" where a member could buy extra votes from the store to get his link ranked higher.  Have widgets which would display top 10 lists for each category or an overall top 10 list.

Would end up as a competition for the link owners to get their links ranked higher on the lists.  Which would give the link owners, more views, more visits, etc. to their site.

Just an idea.

Dear @Adriano Faria,

could you kindly add to the custom fields a "format option" to have more possibilities with this field as it is in pages & ips custom fields system or i have this in other apps too - a very simple way is here enough - for example:

format.jpg

I use them very intensive and would like to have a better style and more options because i want a lot of cross using & linking at my page ^_^  with this little addition the app is good for me with the most ideas &  i can buy/purchase it asap ^_^

Thanks in advance 

Edited by m@t

@Adriano Faria

one last request - would it be possible please as you have this in categories option - to get in the link submit option - in the descriptions one filed per used language ?

language.jpg
Because i use also two languages as you ^_^ and the explanations should be visible per used language selected from user

Thanks ;)

Edited by m@t
2 hours ago, m@t said:

@Adriano Faria

one last request - would it be possible please as you have this in categories option - to get in the link submit option - in the descriptions one filed per used language ?

language.jpg
Because i use also two languages as you ^_^ and the explanations should be visible per used language selected from user

Thanks ;)

No, that's not possible. The IPS4 multi language feature doesn't translate the content; only the forum/categories. Example: you don't translate topic title/content; you can translate the forum name only.

2 hours ago, m@t said:

Dear @Adriano Faria,

could you kindly add to the custom fields a "format option" to have more possibilities with this field as it is in pages & ips custom fields system or i have this in other apps too - a very simple way is here enough - for example:

format.jpg

I use them very intensive and would like to have a better style and more options because i want a lot of cross using & linking at my page ^_^  with this little addition the app is good for me with the most ideas &  i can buy/purchase it asap ^_^

Thanks in advance 

I can do it. :yes:

5 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

No, that's not possible. The IPS4 multi language feature doesn't translate the content; only the forum/categories. Example: you don't translate topic title/content; you can translate the forum name only.

I can do it. :yes:

Ok no problem was just an idea if possible - then i will add an additional field for the other language or find maybe something other ;)

Great thanks for the format option, that will help me a lot  :thumbsup: - you add this in the next release ?
Or is there any workaround in the meantime, then i can start with the links directory from you :frantics:

Perfect great ^_^  
I think this app from you has a lot of potential - with some client ideas as well from you for sure it will be better an better ;)

I have one little question - regarding the website previews with  Sneak.pw, WebThumbnail, Thumbshots  - where is to insert the API key in ACP ?
i have not found it or not seen it at your test site :unsure:

As well which one is here the best or is everything nearly the same and it does not matter ?