Links Directory

19 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

That particular member is not allowed to submit links. Edit their profile on ACP and go to Links Directory tab:

AjHisfy.png

it was a guest account , i tried to submit as a guest , just incase i checked my account setting that you showed and it is turned on

Edited by fix3r

If you edit a file, yes. I'm not very interested in do this change. Download applications\links\sources\Link\Link.php and change the canCreate method to:

public static function canCreate( \IPS\Member $member, \IPS\Node\Model $container=NULL, $showError=FALSE )
	{
		return parent::canCreate( $member, $container, $showError );
	}

Save and reupload.

Untested. It should work. I do not support changes, so test yourself.

For 2 hours i have checked and double checked every guest permission , on the categories , on the group settings on the apps everything , i cannot see what is blocking them from being able to submit a link , they can make posts just fine

Edited by fix3r

I've just about finished setting up and doing my directory, having recently upgraded from v.4 on IPB 3.3.4 :smile:

The blocks are showing hidden and deleted links to all member groups.... as are the widgets that don't have any options/permissions, like the one for "Top Hits"...

Is this a bug, or some kind of IPB or upgrade blip?

There’s a minimum version to upgrade, according to the file description. I’ve done that a couple of times years ago when the app was developed. 

Anyweay, if it’s showing as deleted, go to Moderator CP -> Deleted Content and unhide them all. 

If that’s not what you mean, send a PM with URL and ACP access. Hard to guess without see. 

Edited by Adriano Faria
On 6/12/2018 at 4:06 PM, Millipede said:

I apologise if this is a daft question...

I will be - very belatedly, I know, but better late than never - upgrading my forum from v.3.3.4 to v.4.3.3. I have the older Links Directory v.4_1_1_b on it. Can I upgrade the Links Directory without losing anything, or will I have to start from scratch with 200+ links (and their thumbnails)?

On 6/12/2018 at 5:11 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Yes, this app uses data from old version. Upgrade your board then buy this version if you already haven’t made it and upgrade Links Directory. New screenshots will be generated. 

Let me know if you need help after upgrade your board.

I believe I already had the minimum version to upgrade from?

I've already deleted the deleted links, so they no longer show anywhere. But, until I permanently deleted them (via the Mod CP), they showed in the Random links block on the Links index.

It’s now hidden links that show in the “Top Hits” widget when they shouldn’t show.

Links-hidden.png.198b1fd93158cbcc616695f095e7d3aa.png

Links-hidden-widget.png.da9d9aabd9ae82e522973c5d9fe92ec0.png

What is UTL?

Seriously, your posts are TOO confusing! Again: send ACP credentials so I can see what is happening! I don’t even know if you have any issue or if you’re simply saying...

And I edited my post. It’s URL!

And regarding upgrade, here on this topic and in file description:

Upgrade tested only from versions 4.1.1 and 4.1.0. So if you're using an older version, update to 4.1.X first.

My reference is Links Directory version. You IP.Board. 

My reference is Links Directory version. You IP.Board. 

Edited by Adriano Faria

I can't see what's confusing about my posts: A link that I had hidden (or deleted) in Links Directory still shows in the Links Directory blocks and widgets, after having been deleted/hidden, when it should not be showing. 

Please look at my earlier post again... My reference to Links Directory was v.4.1.1b, not to IP.Board which was 3.3.4. If your reference was to IP.Board 4.1.1 and not Links Directory 4.1.1, it might've helped to say it was for IP.Board and not Links Directory. Also, your reply to my initial query about upgrading made it sound like it was OK to upgrade from my older versions of IP.Board and Links Directory.

Anyway, never mind, I'll fully delete the links I'd hidden and I'll make a note to myself of what they were and why I'd hidden them, as I'd only intended to temporarily hide them.

10 minutes ago, Millipede said:

A link that I had hidden (or deleted) in Links Directory still shows in the Links Directory blocks and widgets, after having been deleted/hidden, when it should not be showing

It shows to you because you have permission to view. A member without permission won’t see hidden or deleted links. 

Edited by Adriano Faria
7 hours ago, Millipede said:

The blocks are showing hidden and deleted links to all member groups.... as are the widgets that don't have any options/permissions, like the one for "Top Hits"...

I know that, about having permission. I can see it when logged out and in a different browser, as a guest - that's my point.

11 hours ago, Millipede said:

I can't see what's confusing about my posts: A link that I had hidden (or deleted) in Links Directory still shows in the Links Directory blocks and widgets, after having been deleted/hidden, when it should not be showing.  

11 hours ago, Millipede said:

I know that, about having permission. I can see it when logged out and in a different browser, as a guest - that's my point.

Works as expected:

1. User with permission can view hidden links in the blocks/widgets/categories
  2. Deleted linkes doesn't appear anywhere; only in ModeratorCP -> Deleted Content