Links Directory

Adriano Faria

1 hour ago, Stefan Johansson_72643 said:

The block "Links Feed" on my landing page got very strange and it also right-shifts (pushes) the sidebar. 

I forgot I've added the slider there. Fixed:

v1TaL6t.png

1 hour ago, Stefan Johansson_72643 said:

In the actual Links Directory, the category images are also shown as "full size", in my case 250x250 px. In the previous version (IPB 4.2.9 and LinksDir 5.1.0) the category images were resized to ~100 x 100 (smaller than the original size).

Category view had no change:

- 4.2.9:

jIePHaQ.png

- 4.3.1:

kSx8otM.png

I will release a fix for the Link Feed.

On 6/15/2016 at 6:47 PM, Michael R said:

Would it be possible to import a list of URLs?

couldn't find it in the feature list on the plugin page, but this is a total must-have for me too. As I like to import (and manage) 1000+ links from an Excel sheet and/or CSV file, and doing it manually? Ufff.

Edited by rhyker2u
CSV

3 minutes ago, rhyker2u said:

couldn't find it in the feature list on the plugin page, but this is a total must-have for me too. As I like to import (and manage) 1000+ links from an Excel sheet and/or CSV file, and doing it manually? Ufff.

I think it would also be a great way to maintain the list. If you could quickly export the list along with an indication if the link was broken, you could then purge old or broken links and add new ones.  Then import the updated list.

Hello ! ?

I'm using version 5.2.1. I've cleared cache in the ACP and in my browsers, but the links feed still doesn't look good. It is too small and the text has a problem :

links-slide.thumb.png.561baad414108804f295621fe97bce3a.png

Why don't you make it look like in the downloads section ? (as it was before in fact, with bigger pictures and text below) :

dwnlds-slide.thumb.png.a09c60b5793186b70c8a4fdbc8ed49a5.png

Edited by SecondSight

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I apologise if this is a daft question...

I will be - very belatedly, I know, but better late than never - upgrading my forum from v.3.3.4 to v.4.3.3. I have the older Links Directory v.4_1_1_b on it. Can I upgrade the Links Directory without losing anything, or will I have to start from scratch with 200+ links (and their thumbnails)?

7 minutes ago, Optic14 said:

Presales question. Is it suitable for YouTube/Discord links?

hhtp/https links. Never used Discord so post a link here if it uses another protocol and I’ll test. 

8 minutes ago, Optic14 said:

Can members upload their own thumbnail instead of using auto screenshot service?

Yes.

I had purchased this add-on a while ago but held off implementing it until now.  I am having a problem, though, where I cannot seem to get the application to display a map of the entry's location.  Google Maps is enabled on my forum and works just fine for other things.  I have added the extra "Address" field to Links Directory, but still nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

10 hours ago, Ziggs said:

I had purchased this add-on a while ago but held off implementing it until now.  I am having a problem, though, where I cannot seem to get the application to display a map of the entry's location.  Google Maps is enabled on my forum and works just fine for other things.  I have added the extra "Address" field to Links Directory, but still nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

HI there, got it working right now on my board: https://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/links/link/11-ips-community/

t7v1WyU.png

mN47dYO.png

Latest version from IPS and Links Directory.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Adriano Faria
      Links Directory is an application that provides your community with a member driven web directory. Allow members to submit websites for approval in categories you define. Users can comment and rate on other member’s submissions. You can also mark websites as official affiliates, fostering traffic between friends. Features
      Submit links to websites along with a title, description, and an image generated from extensible APIs available on internet, free and paid. You can also save the image locally, which will reduce the API call. Image is updated when you update the link. Admin can choose if new links are moderated, per category. Ability to charge per link, integrated to Commerce. Submit comments to links. Admin can choose if new comments are moderated, per category. Rate links using the star rating system used throughout the IPS4. Per category setting. Integrates to Share Links to share or email inks. Inregrates to Google Maps if and address is provided in the link submission (IPS 4.1.13+: Google Map APIs now requires an API key. Go to AdminCP -> System -> Community Enhancements to enable Google Maps support) Ability for users to report potentially offensive content or broken links using the built-in Report Center Search integration: search links along with the rest of your community’s content Supports item marking, allowing your users to see what links have been added or commented on Integrates into Activity Streams. Supports the built-in tagging system including prefixes. Support for notifications such as new links and comments on user links. Ability to follow/like categories and individual links. Unlimited categories of links, plus unlimited depth of parent-child relationships Category Icons Drag & drop reordering of categories in the ACP. Per-category permissions to show category, view links, submit links, add comments, and avoid approval queues Provide “link back” code so other websites can link back to yours. Mark links as official affiliates and display them in a different section on the Links Directory index Integrates into IPS4 Moderating system, which all commons permissions, such as pin, unpin, delete, feature, move, etc. Per-category Permissions allowing you to specify which permission sets are allowed to view category, view links, add links, edit links, comment, rate, and avoid moderation at a granular level. Robust Admin Restrictions. Integration with the Advertisements system Integration with Sitemap system to include links in your sitemap Ability to create RSS feeds of all links Integration with ACP Live Seach (Links categories) Support Extra Fields so you can define different fields per category Friendly URLs for links and categories Ability to configure the Links Index page to display the blocks you want And much, much more! Notes
      Each purchase entitles you to use of Links on one Community installation. Upgrade tested only from versions 4.1.1 and 4.1.0. So if you're using an older version, update to 4.1.X first. Bugs:
      Submit a report to the official Bug Tracker for this app: http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/tracker/linksdirectory/
    • By kmk
      I would like to know if possible create below registration workground:
      1. Send a registration link through whatsapp or whatever others social media. 
      2. User open the page and complete the ips registration. 
      3. In the registration page, I need enlist some clubs and groups where user can select them. 
      4. After completing the registration, the user automatically will be placed in a Members group. But another clubs selected need approval from each group owner or leader.
      The idea is user don't need to request two times registration, one site registration, and another club join request. 
      Is a little tricky in case if the user is need to join the club, but he is not registered as site members. 
      Ah, specially, after the registration, the user need redirect directly into the selected club. 
      So they don't have to lost in the site navigation
    • By KVentz
      Recently I have found that all quote links (on an arrow in the quote block) return not found, because they have content_class=undefined instead of content_class=forums_Topic:
      ?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=undefined&content_id=2478&content_commentid=1100519 instead of this:
      https://www.nashtransport.ru/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=2478&content_commentid=1100519 Are there any ideas why this is happened? 
    • By Marafa
      How to reach the Ticket system for client support
      the new request bottom here 
      https://invisioncommunity.com/clientarea/support/

gives  the message , before it was showing an input form where i can submit the requet
      Oops, this help center no longer exists
    • By Kjell Iver Johansen
      When I visit this site I check "Unread content" and I like to stay up to date with Marketplace, so I always check whats new there. I might be buying something. I do not understand why they have hidden that link in a sub menu.. I find all the other links to no use for me, except the client area.