Links Directory

1 hour ago, Stefan Johansson_72643 said:

The block "Links Feed" on my landing page got very strange and it also right-shifts (pushes) the sidebar. 

I forgot I've added the slider there. Fixed:

v1TaL6t.png

1 hour ago, Stefan Johansson_72643 said:

In the actual Links Directory, the category images are also shown as "full size", in my case 250x250 px. In the previous version (IPB 4.2.9 and LinksDir 5.1.0) the category images were resized to ~100 x 100 (smaller than the original size).

Category view had no change:

- 4.2.9:

jIePHaQ.png

- 4.3.1:

kSx8otM.png

I will release a fix for the Link Feed.

On 6/15/2016 at 6:47 PM, Michael R said:

Would it be possible to import a list of URLs?

couldn't find it in the feature list on the plugin page, but this is a total must-have for me too. As I like to import (and manage) 1000+ links from an Excel sheet and/or CSV file, and doing it manually? Ufff.

Edited by rhyker2u
CSV
3 minutes ago, rhyker2u said:

couldn't find it in the feature list on the plugin page, but this is a total must-have for me too. As I like to import (and manage) 1000+ links from an Excel sheet and/or CSV file, and doing it manually? Ufff.

I think it would also be a great way to maintain the list. If you could quickly export the list along with an indication if the link was broken, you could then purge old or broken links and add new ones.  Then import the updated list.

Hello ! ?

I'm using version 5.2.1. I've cleared cache in the ACP and in my browsers, but the links feed still doesn't look good. It is too small and the text has a problem :

links-slide.thumb.png.561baad414108804f295621fe97bce3a.png

Why don't you make it look like in the downloads section ? (as it was before in fact, with bigger pictures and text below) :

dwnlds-slide.thumb.png.a09c60b5793186b70c8a4fdbc8ed49a5.png

Edited by SecondSight
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I apologise if this is a daft question...

I will be - very belatedly, I know, but better late than never - upgrading my forum from v.3.3.4 to v.4.3.3. I have the older Links Directory v.4_1_1_b on it. Can I upgrade the Links Directory without losing anything, or will I have to start from scratch with 200+ links (and their thumbnails)?

7 minutes ago, Optic14 said:

Presales question. Is it suitable for YouTube/Discord links?

hhtp/https links. Never used Discord so post a link here if it uses another protocol and I’ll test. 

8 minutes ago, Optic14 said:

Can members upload their own thumbnail instead of using auto screenshot service?

Yes.

I had purchased this add-on a while ago but held off implementing it until now.  I am having a problem, though, where I cannot seem to get the application to display a map of the entry's location.  Google Maps is enabled on my forum and works just fine for other things.  I have added the extra "Address" field to Links Directory, but still nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

10 hours ago, Ziggs said:

I had purchased this add-on a while ago but held off implementing it until now.  I am having a problem, though, where I cannot seem to get the application to display a map of the entry's location.  Google Maps is enabled on my forum and works just fine for other things.  I have added the extra "Address" field to Links Directory, but still nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

HI there, got it working right now on my board: https://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/links/link/11-ips-community/

t7v1WyU.png

mN47dYO.png

Latest version from IPS and Links Directory.