Links Directory

What is the "expected" behavior when submitting a new link? I thought it would automatically go out and create the new thumbnail without doing a Tools -> Rebuild but for me it didn't work that way. It stuck on the "Generating picture..." and wouldn't actually create a thumbnail until I used the Rebuild Tool.

2018-02-06_16-12-13.jpg

2018-02-06_16-12-57.jpg

8 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It should create it immediately.

Just correcting this: it will vary on the service. As you already know, my app sends the request; they send a reply which is the image. That time between sending and receiving, it's not up to Links Directory.

Edited by Adriano Faria
16 minutes ago, JTHastings said:

10 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Just correcting this: it will vary on the service. As you already know, my app sends the request; they send a reply which is the image. That time between sending and receiving, it's not up to Links Directory.

Works fine here:

A delay can be anything in your site/connection, in their server, etc. Usually if you are viewing a return image from them (in this case the 'generating image'), it means that your request was received by them (LD done his job) and now you have to wait for their response.

What's New in Version 5.1.5:

Fix:

• HOT badge misaligned in link view

Screenshot APIs:

• Switched from Webthumbnail.org to Miniature.io
  • Dropped Sneak.pw support
  • Fix the Thumbshots
  • Added 2 new APIs:
    • Screenshotmachine: allows you to have 100 free screenshots per month. There are paid plans.
    • Urlbox.io: paid service.

New settings:

• You now can set how many links you want to show and define its ordering (random or links submission) in Display 'Other links from this category' block? setting.
On 06/02/2018 at 12:28 PM, Bluto said:

2.  Index Page Sorting

Looking at the LD template index page, I can see the blocks of code for the various sections / blocks - (What's New, Random Links, Affiliates, and the Categories).

It would be great if these were sortable in the ACP.  Currently, I'd have to manually move the code around in the template.  It would be great if there was an option of how to arrange the blocks on the LD index page.

Just like I did on Classifieds, it is now available on LD for IPS 4.3:

cs7L564.png

More features and to make suggestions for the IPS 4.3, go to http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/forum/17-suggestions/

• 1 month later...

I think I found a minor bug. Not very important.

when you add the widget of last comments to any page, you get the following info per comment:  user info plus date - Link URL of the Link & Comment

The Url of the "link" links to an invalid URL with this section at the end:  "https://www. ...   /&do=Comment&comment=2&tab=comments "

4 minutes ago, gabs007 said:

I think I found a minor bug. Not very important.

when you add the widget of last comments to any page, you get the following info per comment:  user info plus date - Link URL of the Link & Comment

The Url of the "link" links to an invalid URL with this section at the end:  "https://www. ...   /&do=Comment&comment=2&tab=comments "

https://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/tracker/linksdirectory/comments-link-dont-work-r415/

• 2 weeks later...

@Adriano Faria I'd like the ability to sell (through commerce) a subscription for "featured" links. The featured links would appear at the top of their category listing. If there is more than one, they would rotate in order, but still stay listed above the other links.

I'd also like to have an option (on the admin end) to make this free (for specified sites).

Is this currently possible? If not, is it something we could add? I may be willing to sponsor this feature for 4.3.

Can I create a differents blocks to display in my home page? I don't want the standard (Pinned links, etc.).

For example, I want to have a block that display the categories but with the view of "Pinned links" (see the images of the links).

Another question, can I setup this pluggin that when the user click the link it goes directly to the link and no to the "link info view"???????

@Adriano FariaThx a lot!

1 minute ago, admin sv said:

For example, I want to have a block that display the categories but with the view of "Pinned links" (see the images of the links).

You can create Custom Blocks and use wherever you want if you have Pages app; with only Links Directory, no.

2 minutes ago, admin sv said:

Another question, can I setup this pluggin that when the user click the link it goes directly to the link and no to the "link info view"???????

If you edit its templates, yes. But I must say that I don't support changes in the app; support is provided to the stock marketplace version.

I upgraded to IPB 4.3.1 and then also the Links Dir to 5.2.0

The block "Links Feed" on my landing page got very strange and it also right-shifts (pushes) the sidebar. 

In the actual Links Directory, the category images are also shown as "full size", in my case 250x250 px. In the previous version (IPB 4.2.9 and LinksDir 5.1.0) the category images were resized to ~100 x 100 (smaller than the original size).

You can visit the site on https://99nicu.org (and you have a login since before ?

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 18.57.48.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 18.58.37.png

Edited by Stefan Johansson_72643