Random Logos (Support)

Replace your one logo with random logos on page load. Group logos for different themes and member groups.

Features:

• Setup random logos on page load.
  • Group logos that display on different themes.
  • Group logos that display to different member groups.
  • Set an override URL for each individual logo.
  • Set custom alt text for each logo image.
  • Use logos dimensions or fixed dimensions when displaying. 

On 18/06/2016 at 3:06 AM, PirateCaptain said:

how heavy is your branding on this plugin, can i expect to see devfuse on my forum if i install it ?
(after donations im a bit apprehensive buying from you sadly)

No copyright tags like I have in most of my apps if that's what you mean. If you need a demo, let me know and can set one up.

• 4 months later...
On 25/10/2016 at 0:32 PM, ZakRhyno said:

I take it there is no upgrade option just a reinstall of the software?

From the IPB 3.4 version? No upgrade path because of the improvements I wanted to make in how the logos are loaded. But if you do have a large quantity of logos, I can put together a simple bit of code to import the previous logos.

Edited by Mike John
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/11/2016 at 6:04 AM, [OBAG] Drew said:

Cool add. How can I override the blank target in the URL designation for each logo? I've tried a few different tricks with no luck - if I leave the URL blank it is not linked at all.

There's a "Link URL" field for each logo image you upload. Leaving it empty just defaults to the forum url.

5 hours ago, Mike John said:

There's a "Link URL" field for each logo image you upload. Leaving it empty just defaults to the forum url.

Of course Mike, I am completely aware of that. My question was how can I override the blank target designation, if a URL is entered in the field for each logo - it attaches the _blank target by default. I'm trying to self target and have tried a few things to bypass and have not been successful.

So you know, leaving the URL field blank does not actually default to the forum URL in my instance. Instead, there is no link active at all. So, if that amounts to a bug report... there you go.

example: http://www.oldbloodandguts.com

Edited by [OBAG] Drew
added: linky
18 hours ago, [OBAG] Drew said:

So you know, leaving the URL field blank does not actually default to the forum URL in my instance. Instead, there is no link active at all. So, if that amounts to a bug report... there you go.

Yes that does appear to be a bug as it should be showing something. Your site is currently down for me but can you PM me with acp login details or alternatively I can give you a test template edit to try.

7 hours ago, Mike John said:

Yes that does appear to be a bug as it should be showing something. Your site is currently down for me but can you PM me with acp login details or alternatively I can give you a test template edit to try.

Sure, I can load in a test template. Feel free to communicate via PM to follow up and thanks!

• 5 months later...

Hi @Mike John, congrats on the great plugin!

I do have a question related to a functionality that today is not available, but which would be amazing to have and I would definitely acquire it if it would be included.

From what I see and read, the plugin allows you to define random logos and then display them, well, randomly. Would it be possible to define days in which the logo to be displayed would be not a random one, but a specific one?

I am thinking in something like google does in their search page, but for the IPB logos. I have today more than 30 different logos which I need to manually change, and with this functionality it would be super simply to set it up and easily update and add new logos.

What do you think?

Thanks again for the plugin and looking forward to your reply!
JB

On 01/05/2017 at 10:29 PM, joaocb said:

From what I see and read, the plugin allows you to define random logos and then display them, well, randomly. Would it be possible to define days in which the logo to be displayed would be not a random one, but a specific one?

I'll note this for a future version. Shouldn't be any major issues as long as it can use the users local time to decide what logo to show.

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

I'll note this for a future version. Shouldn't be any major issues as long as it can use the users local time to decide what logo to show.

Indeed, that would be important.

Looking forward to the next version where this will be included! I will buy it for sure :) If you need a beta tester count on me to help ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2017 at 9:15 PM, Mike John said:

The Random Logos application has been updated for IP.Board 4.2.x

I uninstalled the application than upgrade it and reinstalled it. When I uploaded my logos to but the skin is not changing with the banners.

Edited by ZakRhyno
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2017 at 3:59 AM, ZakRhyno said:

I uninstalled the application than upgrade it and reinstalled it. When I uploaded my logos to but the skin is not changing with the banners.

Can you PM me a copy of the theme or acp access so I can check if the theme had different code in the logo area needed for the the hooks.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/7/2018 at 4:15 AM, OldAssGeek said:

Can't seem to get Alt Text to work and leaving Link URL empty does nothing, it's not even linking to forum url.

The second one is a bug and I've included a patch in the bug report here. I can't seem to reproduce any issues with the alt setting though, what problems are you having?