Message on Signup Screen

BN_IT_Support

19 minutes ago, Edward Shephard said:

Can you send me a link please. If you compare your screenshot with the one that Square Wheels has posted you’ll see that they have a different layout. All of my sites have the same layout as Square Wheel’s so I’m not sure why yours would be different.

I pm'd you, but in the interim (and this is quite dumb of me) I tried turning it off and back on again. Previously I had uninstalled and reinstalled, but not toggled that on off switch. It works now.

Turns out /register and /register/ go to different pages. It's showing as duplicated on /register/

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/09/2017 at 7:40 AM, Morgin said:

I think I figured this out @Edward Shephard. It's only happening when quick register is turned on (under acp/member settings/registration settings). I've turned off for now.

Although I can clearly see this issue on your site I am unable to replicate it with or without the quick register option.  At the risk of stating the obvious have you tried running the support tool to clear out all of the caches?

3 hours ago, Edward Shephard said:

Although I can clearly see this issue on your site I am unable to replicate it with or without the quick register option.  At the risk of stating the obvious have you tried running the support tool to clear out all of the caches?

I have, yes. No skin edits either, and no other plugins.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎19‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 7:50 PM, Joel R said:

I can verify that the Message on Signup screen shows twice on mywebsite.com/register/

Confirmed it shows twice on my site, too.

On ‎21‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 7:23 AM, Morgin said:

does quick register impact it?

Confirmed, it doesn't show anymore if "quick registration" is turned off.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Morgin said:

It's actually broken with quick register right now - see above chain.

Screenshot_30.thumb.png.792c2debc5536778289d8392cbac68b0.png

Quick signup

Screenshot_31.thumb.png.fecfad022f9630a5bc5c353f31b69f91.png

normal signup

As see above both work correctly using 4.2.7 and was also tested in 4.2.6 and worked yes confirm the bug show twice on standard signup and see why that show like that.

16 hours ago, Pete T said:

Screenshot_30.thumb.png.792c2debc5536778289d8392cbac68b0.png

Quick signup

Screenshot_31.thumb.png.fecfad022f9630a5bc5c353f31b69f91.png

normal signup

As see above both work correctly using 4.2.7 and was also tested in 4.2.6 and worked yes confirm the bug show twice on standard signup and see why that show like that.

Can you also check when quick register is turned on, going to yourdomain.com/register/ (with the trailing slash). There are a few places in the suite that link to /register/even when quick register is enabled and don't generate the quick register signup box, and on that /register/ page when quick register is on, it duplicates the message block from this plugin.

3 hours ago, Morgin said:

Can you also check when quick register is turned on, going to yourdomain.com/register/ (with the trailing slash). There are a few places in the suite that link to /register/even when quick register is enabled and don't generate the quick register signup box, and on that /register/ page when quick register is on, it duplicates the message block from this plugin.

I can see why shows twice i am working on fix the quick box is same box used register so show in to locations i going make show once no matter the settings.

Can I make one other suggestion? Would it be possible to add a setting to allow us to wrap the signup message in a div or <p> tags or something? When you use the built in header advertisement function, the message on signup is squished up against the ad. I could pad the ad, but that throws off formatting on other pages. 

1 hour ago, Morgin said:

Can I make one other suggestion? Would it be possible to add a setting to allow us to wrap the signup message in a div or <p> tags or something? When you use the built in header advertisement function, the message on signup is squished up against the ad. I could pad the ad, but that throws off formatting on other pages. 

i look what hooks i can use first go from there plan getting finished before weekend but could but later due mad week already have outlined.

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, Pete T said:

I now the owner of this plugin and as far remember now this issue has been fixed 

it wasn't fixed for me but I've implemented a css fix that hides one of the messages. I downloaded the latest xml file from the plugin's page and am using the latest version of ips.

If you want to see for yourself: http://www.wildernessguardians.com/forums/register/

Switch the theme from retro to ips default and you can see two messages.

7 hours ago, Pete T said:

Quick Sign up form shows only once

Standard sign up form again shows once using 4.3.4 and version 1.0.5 my plugin

Looks like I downloaded the wrong file. Why is the bugged version 104 still downloadable?

38d8fdb3a09f18ce2b998eba75df5586.png

I just assumed it was the most up to date because it was an xml file and the other one wasn't.

5 hours ago, WG Mojo said:

Looks like I downloaded the wrong file. Why is the bugged version 104 still downloadable?

38d8fdb3a09f18ce2b998eba75df5586.png

I just assumed it was the most up to date because it was an xml file and the other one wasn't.

We always keep lastest version in download area 

13 hours ago, WG Mojo said:

the file named "Message on Signup Form 104.xml" is not the latest version and is bugged so why is it there?

As said old version always stay there and as the topic title and download area shows latest version one would hope click right one !!

Archived