Global Header Message

Hi Edward, really nice plugin, thank you. Once note tho, for some reason Left,Centre and Right options doesn't work. My text is always on the left regardless what I do, any idea what could be a problem?

Regards,

Igor

leftrightcentre.jpg

Edited by C4D Cafe
24 minutes ago, C4D Cafe said:

Hi Edward, really nice plugin, thank you. Once note tho, for some reason Left,Centre and Right options doesn't work. My text is always on the left regardless what I do, any idea what could be a problem?

Thank you.  At the moment the left, centre and right is only for the 'custom' setting.  Your screenshot looks like one of the standard IPS styles which are always left or right aligned depending on your language direction.

8 hours ago, Meddysong said:

It looks great and I shouldn't complain about something that's free but it could be more useful for people with multilingual sites if the message were a translatable field. Maybe something to add in a future version ^_^

This was an exercise for me to start learning the framework and, to ape a well known phrase, right now 'what you see is what I know'!  I agree though and will have a look.

Thank you for taking on board my comment, Edward. I had a dev do one of these for me already but yours looks much better so I've made the jump! ^_^

10 hours ago, Edward Shephard said:

This was an exercise for me to start learning the framework and, to ape a well known phrase, right now 'what you see is what I know'!  I agree though and will have a look.

Congratulations! I hope one day I'll dare to have an attempt too. At the moment, though, I wouldn't even know where to start. Hats off to you for getting stuck in.

53 minutes ago, EmpireKickAss said:

idea is to add links

I'm not sure I follow what you mean - add links to what?

I have thought about changing the text areas used for inputing the message for the full wysiwyg editor so that adding some basic formatting and hyperlinks could be easier without having to manually add html tags.  What do people think?  Might just need to be careful not to get too carried away with fancy layouts or trying to add attachments.

2 minutes ago, Edward Shephard said:

I'm not sure I follow what you mean - add links to what?

I have thought about changing the text areas used for inputing the message for the full wysiwyg editor so that adding some basic formatting and hyperlinks could be easier without having to manually add html tags.  What do people think?  Might just need to be careful not to get too carried away with fancy layouts or trying to add attachments.

like this LINKS so members/guests go to that page ^_^ 

3 minutes ago, Edward Shephard said:

What do people think?  Might just need to be careful not to get too carried away with fancy layouts or trying to add attachments.

The editor's the next logical step, yep, allowing people to format certain parts of the message (with bold, etc) and add links, etc.

Hi,

Although this works with the default theme it is not working with the one we have purchased from IPSfocus

We have asked his advice and he needs to know the following...

You may need to contact the developer, since I can't offer a solution without knowing the hook point.

1 hour ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Although this works with the default theme it is not working with the one we have purchased from IPSfocus

We have asked his advice and he needs to know the following...

You may need to contact the developer, since I can't offer a solution without knowing the hook point.

What's the problem you're finding?

I have something similar on my site, Edward. It's working on the regular apps, but not on my manually entered page.

I'm not sure what the problem is because my manual page still contains the globalTemplate minus a container (so that my content can stretch full screen), and it still contains the necessary ipsLayout_header before which the plugin is added.

You don't need to do anything for me, though - another header message plugin that I have also behaves like this. But it might be symptomatic of a problem with plugins, possibly?

Mine's not limited to your plugin, Edward, but I'll give you an example in the hope that it helps you.

Your plugin works beautifully in all the apps and pages created using the suite wrapper:

1.jpg

But when I create a page using a custom wrapper it doesn't appear:

2.jpg

My custom wrapper is the globalTemplate, just with a few bits commented out so that my backgrounds can stretch full screen. It still contains #ipsLayout_header:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="{expression="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->bcp47()"}" dir="{{if member.language()->isrtl}}rtl{{else}}ltr{{endif}}">
	<head>
		<title>{expression="output.getTitle( $title )"}</title>
		<!--[if lt IE 9]>
			{{foreach \IPS\Theme::i()->css( 'extra/ie8.css', 'core' ) as $css}}<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{$css}">{{endforeach}}
		    <script src="{url="applications/core/interface/html5shiv/html5shiv.js" base="none" protocol="\IPS\Http\Url::PROTOCOL_RELATIVE"}"></script>
		<![endif]-->
		{template="includeMeta" app="core" group="global" location="global" params=""}
		{template="includeCSS" app="core" group="global" location="global" params=""}
		{template="includeJS" if="theme.js_include != 'footer'" app="core" group="global" location="global" params=""}
		{template="favico" app="core" group="global" location="front" params=""}
	</head>
	<body class='ipsApp ipsApp_front eabSite {{if isset( \IPS\Request::i()->cookie['hasJS'] )}}ipsJS_has{{else}}ipsJS_none{{endif}} ipsClearfix{{foreach output.bodyClasses as $class}} {$class}{{endforeach}} ' data-details="customWrapper" {{if output.globalControllers}}data-controller='{expression="implode( ',', output.globalControllers )"}'{{endif}} {{if isset( output.inlineMessage )}}data-message="{expression="output.inlineMessage"}"{{endif}} data-pageApp='{$location['app']}' data-pageLocation='front' data-pageModule='{$location['module']}' data-pageController='{$location['controller']}' itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/WebSite">
		<meta itemprop="url" content="{setting="base_url"}">{{$lingvo = substr(\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->short, 0, 2);}}
		<a href='#elContent' class='ipsHide' title='{lang="jump_to_content_desc"}' accesskey='m'>{lang="jump_to_content"}</a>
		{template="offlineMessage" if="!settings.site_online && \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->group['g_access_offline']" app="core" group="global" params=""}
		<div id='ipsLayout_header' class='ipsClearfix'>
			{template="updateWarning" app="core" group="global" params=""}
			{template="lkeyWarning" app="core" group="global" location="global" params=""}
			{{if !in_array('ipsLayout_minimal', \IPS\Output::i()->bodyClasses )}}{template="mobileNavBar" app="core" group="global" params=""}{{endif}}
			<header>
				<div class='ipsLayout_container'>
					{template="logo" app="core" group="global" params=""}
					{{if !in_array('ipsLayout_minimal', \IPS\Output::i()->bodyClasses )}}{template="userBar" app="core" group="global" params=""}{{endif}}
				</div>
			</header>
			{template="navBar" app="core" group="global" params=""}
		</div>
		<main role='main'>
		<!--	<div id='ipsLayout_contentArea'>
				<div id='ipsLayout_contentWrapper'>
					{template="breadcrumb" app="core" group="global" params="true, 'top'"}
					-->{template="sidebar" if="theme.sidebar_position == 'left'" app="core" group="global" params="'left'"}
					<!--<div id='ipsLayout_mainArea'>
						<a id='elContent'></a>
						{advertisement="ad_global_header"}
						{template="acknowledgeWarning" if="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->members_bitoptions['unacknowledged_warnings']" params="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->warnings( 1, FALSE )" group="global" app="core"}
						-->{template="widgetContainer" group="global" app="core" params="'header', 'horizontal'"}

{$html|raw}

{template="widgetContainer" group="global" app="core" params="'footer', 'horizontal'"}
					<!--</div>
					{template="sidebar" if="theme.sidebar_position == 'right'" app="core" group="global" params="'right'"}
					{template="breadcrumb" app="core" group="global" params="false, 'bottom'"}
				</div>
			</div>-->
			{template="inlineMessage" if="member.msg_show_notification and $conversation = \IPS\core\Messenger\Conversation::latestUnreadConversation()" app="core" group="global" params="$conversation->comments( 1, 0, 'date', 'desc' )"}
		</main>
		<footer id='elWebsiteFooter' class=''>
			<div class='ipsLayout_container'>
				{advertisement="ad_global_footer"}
				{template="footer" app="core" group="global" params=""}
              </div>
		</footer>
		{{if !in_array('ipsLayout_minimal', \IPS\Output::i()->bodyClasses )}}{template="mobileNavigation" if="theme.responsive" app="core" group="global" params=""}{{endif}}
		{template="includeJS" if="theme.js_include == 'footer'" app="core" group="global" location="global" params=""}
		{{if settings.ipbseo_ga_enabled}}
			{setting="ipseo_ga"}
		{{endif}}
		{template="viglink" if="settings.viglink_enabled" app="core" group="global" params=""}
		{template="metaTagEditor" if="isset( $_SESSION['live_meta_tags'] ) and $_SESSION['live_meta_tags'] and member.isAdmin()" app="core" group="global" params=""}
		<!--ipsQueryLog-->
		<!--ipsCachingLog-->
		{expression="output.endBodyCode" raw="true"}
	</body>
</html>

So I don't think the problem is on your end. I think it's something systemic.

15 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Both Subway and Ortem use #ipsLayout_header though, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working.

Are you sure you've toggled the 'on' switch :thumbsup:

There is actually a bug in the group selector setting. It shouldn't cause this issue but in any case I will correct it in the next update either later today or tomorrow morning.