Default Photo per Group

BomAle

This plugin will set a default photo for members who have yet to select one. Each group has your own image. If a photo of an specific group is not found, the defult photo from theme will be displayed.

Configuration:

• Uploads the xml plugin file into AdminCP > System > Plugins (it insert 3 default image: default_photo_6.png for moderators, default_photo_3.png for members, default_photo_4.png for administrators)
  • Go into Themes > on right Menu > Manage resources > Add Resources, follow this istruction:
    • Folder: plugins
    • Application: System
    • Resource, file name must have this format: default_photo_ID.png (replace ID with group id of the group that must have uploaded photo)

I have uploaded also a .psd file for customize as you wish the photo and three image included on xml file.

• 2 weeks later...

There has to be an easier way to upload all images for groups. Wouldn't it be easier if there were a folder you uploaded them into and the script then looked into that folder? Instead of having to add them all to the resources one by one?

Love the addon tho, very useful!

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/6/2016 at 1:10 AM, BomAle said:

This is not available by default a "multi-upload" of resources... but this could be a feature for future version of IPS.

I know it's not possible in resources but I was talking about you uploaded your images to a folder on the FTP, and then in settings you typed in the address to that folder. If you have a look at the old mod for IPB V3 you can see what I'm talking about: https://invisionpower.com/files/file/6137-default-photo-per-group/

• 1 month later...

This is probably a setting outside of your plugin, but I can't seem to figure it out.  When I add a resource the file name is changing.

This is what the file name shows after I upload it 

default_photo_4_57aeccfe62541.png

Also, probably another stupid question, how do I tell what the group id's are?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, Zanime said:

Doesn't seem to work. It still displays the default letter avatar/photo.

Try new version, it work on demo website (read into file description)

On 13/8/2016 at 9:38 AM, Circo said:

This is probably a setting outside of your plugin, but I can't seem to figure it out.  When I add a resource the file name is changing.

This is what the file name shows after I upload it 

default_photo_4_57aeccfe62541.png

Also, probably another stupid question, how do I tell what the group id's are?

Thanks!

Did you check that there was no other photo with the same name (it must be unique or system append a md5 string)?

Can you try with IPS 4.2+? Sorry for delay

• 1 year later...

Archived