Are FB video embeds still working?

Go to solution Solved by bfarber,

Is anyone having issues with embedding Facebook videos? All of a sudden, none of my FB videos show up in my articles/posts. It will show the FB post but the video itself does not. I tried embedding a FB video here as well and it does not work. So at least I know it's not an issue just on my end. Could it be that FB changed the way they allow videos to be embedded and IPS needs to update this?

Here is a sample video embed and how it's currently showing up without the video:

Can anyone try a FB video embed on their site and see if it's working for them by just copying and pasting the video URL?

Edited by LDDG

• 1 month later...

I've noticed the same thing with twitter, although I'm unsure of the exact steps to replicate it failing. However, sometimes it fails entirely, others it crops a portion of the embedded content.

This has been our experience of 4.1.x since upgrading from 3.4 in April if you're using Firefox, however it now seems to affect any browser.

• 8 months later...

When I tried to embed a facebook video I got a advert banner for hostgator!!

The source for the post was;-

<div class="ipsEmbeddedOther" contenteditable="false">
    <iframe data-controller="core.front.core.autoSizeIframe" data-embedid="27e677e091317b94549de7711435d3f3" scrolling="no" src="https://www.seaselect.com/index.php?app=core&amp;module=system&amp;controller=embed&amp;url=https://www.facebook.com/mp45workout/videos/1657069681265789/" style="overflow: hidden;"></iframe>
</div>

<p>
    &nbsp;
</p>

But it did not embed the video and instead posted;-

html.jpg

IPB support say that Hostgator is blocking the facebook video link and putting an ad link and Hostgator say it is coded in by Invision, Hostgator said "I would begin to question Invision as potentially being maliscious."

I told them they were stupid for saying that!!!!

Anyone have any ideas please?

30 minutes ago, CherryGirl69 said:

IPB support say that Hostgator is blocking the facebook video link

I’m pretty sure that is correct. 

I get the same result when posting YOUR iframe code on my site. Pasting the FB video URL you used directly embeds fine with my host. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/14/2017 at 10:57 PM, bern5 said:

I tried in my own ips4 forum. I pasted the iframe code and it didnt show the player?

You don't need/want to post the iframe code, just post the raw link to the video and it will work.

I see people make that mistake every now and then :p

For example, if this is the link to your Facebook post/video:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=305251229919253

You'd just paste that link in, hit enter, and..

Viola!

4 hours ago, bern5 said:

What else would you like to know?

I asked questions before. For starters, the video URL would help to check if it embeds on other sites. 

And any thing else that narrows down the problem. Is it for every Vimeo video or just some? Is it for every user on your site or just some? Does it happen on every browser? Can you embed the same video here on the site? 

• 2 years later...