Announcements keep going Inactive

I've set an Announcement to Forums "everywhere" with show until "indefinitely". It stays up for a day or so above Forums then disappears. Ive been recreating it and just found the old ones in ModeratorCP area as Inactivated. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

When I go to Block Manager I see an EDIT button over the announcement/Block. What are Maximum Results? Its defaulted to 5. What is Sort By? Its defaulted to Ascending (A-Z)

Thoughts?

I am having a related problem: when I upgraded a week or so ago to v. 4, "Announcements" was a selection in my mod. CP. Now it is not.

I have tried to move an Announcement block into the Forum area via Admin CP, but despite doing this, and pressing "Finish Editing", Announcements do not appear in the mod. CP as a selection.

Like Brad above, the same results are shown on clicking the Edit button. 

Probably it's my error, but can someone step me though how to add Announcements to the mod. CP, please?

3 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

I've set an Announcement to Forums "everywhere" with show until "indefinitely". It stays up for a day or so above Forums then disappears. Ive been recreating it and just found the old ones in ModeratorCP area as Inactivated. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

When I go to Block Manager I see an EDIT button over the announcement/Block. What are Maximum Results? Its defaulted to 5. What is Sort By? Its defaulted to Ascending (A-Z)

Thoughts?

It's been happening for me too just as you described.  Announcements go inactive after a few days while labeled indefinitely.

Also, Links don't work in  Announcements.

4 hours ago, Daniel F said:

This is indeed a bug. https://invisionpower.com/4docs/knowledgebase/4112-announcements-set-automatically-as-inactive-r331/

That's by design. All the formatting is removed in the widget which is meant to be only a preview for the announcement. 

ah, thanks for the info.

Removing the ability to use links in announcements limits it's usefulness, imo. Your definition for preview is totally different than my needs for using and Announcement.  I would like to use announcements as a means of directing members and guests to a certain page or topic on my forum. For example - Sign up to play fantasy hockey (here), or "Check out our members Mock Draft" page located (here) .  I really need to be able to use links for "Fantasy Hockey"  and " Mock Draft".  

Archived