Verification emails go to spam

The Skyforge

1 hour ago, Mycelus said:

Our verification emails go to peoples spam folders regardless of which service they're using. How do I fix this?

Hey, what are you using as your email service provider?

Setting just a gmail will usually end your emails in spam. You want to do the following.

1. Make sure an email is coming from your domain if not you have to do some record tweaking to authorize another email.
  2. Depending on what you do for number one, is the kind of stuff you'll have to do.
  3. Check all blacklists and the sort.

There is more things you can do but this site will tell you everything you can do to fix/see what is wrong with your emails. http://www.mail-tester.com/

I use it religiously.

I personally recommend https://www.sparkpost.com/pricing

You can also do Google Apps if you like that but you'll have to pay for the email from the get go and they only let you do 2k/day.

They have a free 100k/mo email plan. Once you pass that(extremely doubtful if its a new site or even a small/medium size site). I'm personally on Super Pro though since I send out near 2 million per month just on registrations and notifications.

5 minutes ago, Mycelus said:

I have a small site, only a few new members a day. Can I use my Google Apps domain and will that likely fix the issue? I started the free trial but it's currently suspended since I haven't renewed.

Since you're a small site. Use sparkpost and setup SPF and DKIM. You get free 100k emails per month with them.

5 minutes ago, Mycelus said:

I have a small site, only a few new members a day. Can I use my Google Apps domain and will that likely fix the issue? I started the free trial but it's currently suspended since I haven't renewed.

3 minutes ago, MADMAN32395 said:

Since you're a small site. Use sparkpost and setup SPF and DKIM. You get free 10k emails per month with them.

Yeah use Sparkpost, its honestly the easiest solution to your issue. Though you get 100k for free not 10k. I've been using them long before I came to IPS.

I used to recommend Mandrill but they shut that down.

Just now, The Dark Wizard said:

Yeah use Sparkpost, its honestly the easiest solution to your issue. Though you get 100k for free not 10k. I've beenm using them long before I came to IPS.

I used to recommend Mandrill but they shut that down.

Thanks for the correction. I was mobile lol thought hit 100

3 minutes ago, Mycelus said:

So what does this service grant me? It sends out emails for me? What would an example email be with them?

I liked GA because I could set an email as admin@theskyforge.com for example

Their emails look just like any email you would normally send . As for the email, it uses your normal email address. So admin@theskyforge.com will work , just make sure to setup SPF and DKIM . Otherwise email companies wouldn't trust the email

Sparkpost would handle all your automated email so that it does not end up in spam, like notifications and registration validation emails as an example. So would Amazon SES, Google Apps or any of the others if you set it up via STMP. 

If you wanted to personally send emails you write from like an inbox, I don't see what you can't use Google Apps. I personally have a cPanel server somewhere acting as my mail server that I let Outlook hook into for what you want to do.

If you really like Google and know that you won't send more then 2k emails per day then do this: https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en

You'll want the instructions for "Application" not fax or printer or any of that stuff. 

ACP > System > Email Settings > Advanced Settings. 

Archived