OAuth Server

wohali

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Vegan Gaymer said:

Yes, I used mine and it created the loop, so I tried yours and saw what it was supposed to do. I'm not sure why mine creates a loop.

Your RocketChat shouldn't know about your site to create a loop. What is the chat URL? You can PM me it if you prefer.

SAVING/EXPORTING CHAT LOG?

Does anyone know if there is a way to export chat logs from Rocket.Chat so that I can edit and distribute a copy to attendees? For example, if I teach a class in a channel, or have a private tutoriing session one on one, is there a way to save and share that chat log?

Thank you for the gentle reminder! I was caught up in the moment! Sorry about that.

Back to oAuth

I don't think oAuth is working properly us. My testers are reporting issues.

We are getting the same issue where the log in works, but then the entire site is returned within the embedded frame instead of the chat. This even happens in the apps on iphone and ipad. Once we break out of the loop by closing and restarting the web page, the embed version seems to work fine after that. But we know that's not a practical solution. Some never got the app to break out of the loop.

Another issue is that it launches a Mixer video ad (maybe that's normal?).

Another issue is that the app pulled up one of our widgets from the home page and filled the entire app with the image from the widget.

Another issue is when trying to log in the user gets an error "'Ooops! User has no password set'.

Another issue is when trying to log in on the app it just idles and does not progress.

I'm not sure what's going on.

38 minutes ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

I'm extremely pleased. Despite the hiccups, things are getting closer to working! Plus, the kind and patient support are amazing. Thank you for that.

Same. I just had to donate to the author for all her work. :)

If it helped you, you should consider also. :D

Another Login Loop in via embed on iOS

Remember that I'm using Rocket.Chat's own cloud server hosting, and I'm on IPS Cloud platform.

We discovered that logging in using a browser on iOS (ipad/iphone) in Chrome or Safari creates this same log in loop. We click Log In Via TLE, it launches a new window for login credentials, then just logs us back into the full site. No chat. So then we navigate back to the embedded chat and try to log in again and we get the error. Then we try to log in again and it works just fine. LOL I don't know what is going on, but I know that's not a practical login process. I hope we can figure this login loop out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks, sorry for the delay here. Work has gotten crazy, but the end is in sight. I hope to be able to give this project some cycles to clean up the remaining issues mentioned in the last few posts next week (first week of August).

14 hours ago, wohali said:

Hi folks, sorry for the delay here. Work has gotten crazy, but the end is in sight. I hope to be able to give this project some cycles to clean up the remaining issues mentioned in the last few posts next week (first week of August).

Hope it brings 4.2 support also.

I haven't changed my code at all but after upgrading to 4.2, logging in takes me to the homepage like normal instead of previously where it used to process the rest of the login stuff.

If a donation speeds up the update, let us know. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/07/2017 at 9:00 PM, David.. said:

Hope it brings 4.2 support also.

I haven't changed my code at all but after upgrading to 4.2, logging in takes me to the homepage like normal instead of previously where it used to process the rest of the login stuff.

If a donation speeds up the update, let us know. :)

Hi,

I've just been setting this up today and hit exactly this problem. Logging into RocketChat via IPS goes to IPS, and doesn't redirect back. The redirect URL is set correctly as far as I can see (always the chance I'm being blind but ...) and I've deleted it all and started again twice as well.

If I go back to RocketChat after this, when logged in, it works, but it never works first time.

Is this a problem with 4.2? Is there a fix?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, johnr5 said:

Hi,

I've just been setting this up today and hit exactly this problem. Logging into RocketChat via IPS goes to IPS, and doesn't redirect back. The redirect URL is set correctly as far as I can see (always the chance I'm being blind but ...) and I've deleted it all and started again twice as well.

If I go back to RocketChat after this, when logged in, it works, but it never works first time.

Is this a problem with 4.2? Is there a fix?

Thanks

That's correct.

@wohali said she will be fixing it during the first week of August. :)

Hi everyone,

I've just posted v1.4.0 that has full support for 4.2.x. This version also supports 4.1.x. IPS changed the rules on redirection so I've had to get a little creative. Details are over at the GitHub repo if you're curious.

I've also added a toggle to disable the global template on the authorization page as requested earlier in this thread by @Mastric. This restores the original "plain vanilla" version. Hopefully this helps work around @Vegan Gaymer's issues.

8 hours ago, wohali said:

Hopefully this helps work around @Vegan Gaymer's issues.

Thank you for all of your hard work, but I had to scrap the whole thing. Rocket.Chat does not play well with the Cloud version of Invision, and it was an ongoing nightmare trying to get it to work. I was forced to just give up. I lost a lot of money on Rocket.Chat by subscribing to their hosted plan, too. It all turned into a black hole of frustration.

Archived