Similar Content on Post Screen

About This File

This plugin will show similar content titles on post screen, after user types and leave the text field. It uses defaults from IPS4 core search, like sort by relevance or date, number of characters per word, permission for the items, etc.

Compatibility:

• Forums
  • Blogs
  • Downloads
  • Calendar
  • Pages
  • 3rd Party Apps: tested on Tutorials, Classifieds and Videos System.

Settings:

• Number of content items to appear
  • Allowed groups to use the feature

@Adriano Faria Thank you so much for bringing this plugin to IPS 4.1.x. We had a similar plugin on 3.4.x and we really needed it.

Question: is there a way to configure an optional message right above the "Similar topics" box? So we could enter something like "Before creating a new topic, please see if your problem isn't already discussed in one of the topics below. Thank you!"

Cheers!

9 minutes ago, Gabriel Torres said:

Question: is there a way to configure an optional message right above the "Similar topics" box? So we could enter something like "Before creating a new topic, please see if your problem isn't already discussed in one of the topics below.

I can add this as a new setting in a couple of days. I'll probably will add a setting to allow it per app.

awesome plugin, something that I definitely will get in the next week or so once I have things running. Definitely will make members think before posting another same topic and keeping things nicer.

just a quick question, an opinion on what forum Calgary that can be enable or disable. I don't want to have that option for the member introduction

1 minute ago, EmpireKickAss said:

just a quick question, an opinion on what forum Calgary that can be enable or disable. I don't want to have that option for the member introduction

The problem is that this is not a FORUM stuff. It will work for ALL apps that uses content items. So if I add a setting to FORUMS app, I will have to add to:

• Blogs
  • Downloads
  • Calendar
  • Pages
  • All 3rd party apps

I really don't want to do that.

Using IE when I go into Download file under File Actions I select Edit Details I get The website cannot display the page

Using FF when I go into Download file under File Actions I select Edit Details I get a blank webpage.

The only addition lately was Similar Content on Post Screen . If I disable this plugin I am able to Edit Details for the download with no problems.

I'm using the latest release.

Edited by mesteele101
15 minutes ago, mesteele101 said:

Using IE when I go into Download file under File Actions I select Edit Details I get The website cannot display the page

Using FF when I go into Download file under File Actions I select Edit Details I get a blank webpage.

The only addition lately was Similar Content on Post Screen . If I disable this plugin I am able to Edit Details for the download with no problems.

I'm using the latest release.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used to use a plugin like this for xenforo.. and in that one there was an option to make it a full and a short..

like if you picked short version it would only show the name of the topic then the catagory its in and the author... and it would all be in one line.. so that it is nice and compact and you can add like five similar topics and it would still be yey high.. could you add that option please?