(NB41) Enhanced Advertisements

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just wondering is there any way to make ads that show in topics show in a post container or wrapper if that makes sense. At the moment i have ads showing after x number of posts which is where i want it to show but is there a way style it like the post wrapper?

Figured it out! 

after playing around with chrome inspect i managed to come up with this which displays the ad in a post wrapper. Is this allowed with google adsense?

<center>
<article class="cPost ipsBox  ipsComment  ipsComment_parent ipsClearfix ipsClear ipsColumns ipsColumns_noSpacing ipsColumns_collapsePhone  ">

YOUR AD CODE GOES HERE. 

</article>
</center>

screen.thumb.png.e7f60adb93d402475c7c83e03b71ea26.png

Edited by gavpedz
Figured it out
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am just trying to get my head back in to using this and struggling like normal.

I am trying to add a global adsense advert full site width to appear above the site logo on https://www.walkingfootball.com/

I am guessing this is the class I need to look at - ta_headerContainer

.ta_headerContainer does not work, can you remind me what the correct syntax should be please?

Got it working

Also would anyone like to share either on here or in private message where their most successful banner locations have been when using adsense?

Edited by Unlucky

Actually I have hit an issue

this top advert works fine for desktop and tablet

but i cannot work out how to get it above the mobile menu on mobiles

it sits under the invision top bar and so when people click the mobile menu it overlays across the ad which is against adsense  T&C's

I currently have it switched off for mobile devices but any pointers greatly appreciated

Thanks

I have used https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9173-advertisement-addon/ to exclude pages from AdSense. However this plugin conflicts with your application and I had to uninstall it. I know, that you have "exclusion" feature as well. But it is designed the way we cannot use it on our site. We have over 200 pages that must be excluded from AdSense. In your app you use one field per url. Adding over 200 pages this way is not really doable. And then when we are ready we have to scroll down over all these pages to get to the settings.

In the plugin above there was just a textarea field where all URLs can be entered as plain list. We have just copied a list of URLs from Policy Center in AdSense and added them. That's all. Can you eventually change this and implement the same way? :rolleyes:

Nice to have: We also use other advertising networks. They are not so prudish as Google. It would be perfect if we could exclude ONLY AdSense advertisement but not other ads on the URLs. At the moment ALL adverts are disabled on the pages that violate Google. We would rather use another ads from other networks on these pages.

Edited by Sonya*
10 hours ago, Sonya* said:

I have used https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9173-advertisement-addon/ to exclude pages from AdSense. However this plugin conflicts with your application and I had to uninstall it. I

Hi we have just installed this to stop google ads appearing on login and register screens.

We didn't know there was a conflict - how can we check to see if we have the same issue as you did?

Thanks.

6 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Screen please

I have it disabled at the moment - I will add it back on when I am next around and let you know, Thanks

1 hour ago, Unlucky said:

We didn't know there was a conflict - how can we check to see if we have the same issue as you did?

We have checked system logs and have seen that 404 error page does not work, instead 500 error page is delivered. When we disable plugin then the issue is solved. If we disable the app, then it is also gone. So that we had to decide what to use.

Edited by Sonya*

I have weird issue. I have defined two adverts with identical CSS selector. They should rotate on the same place. But sometimes I see them both below each other. I do not have the issue with default ads places like header or footer. This occurs only with ads that are placed via CSS selector.

11 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

No.

However this is how default advertisement places work. If I add 3 adverts to the header then they are never displayed one below the other. They rotate on the same place changing randomly on every page load. But they never displayed together. There is only one advert on every page load.

Now I have defined a new ad location via CSS selector and want to have the same way of rotation for the three adverts on this place. Is it not possible with CSS selector?

Edit: I have just realized that there is no unique ID for CSS selector so that rotation is not possible. Have you probably any solution for it?

Edited by Sonya*