TS3 Integration

Quick question

I've got my TS3 server all set up and the ports open so it now connects properly. Yay. 

But when I got to edit member groups it only shows limited default group options, but as you can see all the server groups are in place. Is there something I need to do to in order for that to sync up?

screen.png

3 hours ago, kotaco said:

Quick question

I've got my TS3 server all set up and the ports open so it now connects properly. Yay. 

But when I got to edit member groups it only shows limited default group options, but as you can see all the server groups are in place. Is there something I need to do to in order for that to sync up?

screen.png

Go to ACP, System, go to Advanced Configuration. 

Under the first paragraph go to:

Routine maintenance tasks are performed as users access the site. If you are able to set up a cron on your server, your server can execute these tasks itself. View Tasks

Click on View Tasks.

Look for updateTs3Groups

Run Now.

That's it ^_^ 

I ran into the same issue before :3

Just now, Ahmad E. said:

Will be added ^_^

Wow so fast on the reply, I was editing the post to add something else and got the notification.

I also noticed that a couple groups are duplicated in the drop down list.  Not sure why, as on my TS3 those groups only exist once.

TS3IntDuplicate.PNG

Just now, almax said:

Wow so fast on the reply, I was editing the post to add something else and got the notification.

I also noticed that a couple groups are duplicated in the drop down list.  Not sure why, as on my TS3 those groups only exist once.

TS3IntDuplicate.PNG

Well that is weird. I will try to reproduce and fix that in the next release.

3 minutes ago, Ahmad E. said:

Well that is weird. I will try to reproduce and fix that in the next release.

If you cant reproduce, let me know and I can send you info to access my ACP/FTP.  Or if need be we can do a teamviewer session and you can see my TS3 server as well.

Edited by almax
1 minute ago, almax said:

If you cant reproduce, let me know and I can send you info to access my ACP/FTP.

Actually, would you do that now please? Makes things faster for me and you get a fix before next release ^_^ 

Edited by Ahmad E.
11 hours ago, almax said:

I did not realize it until now, but it would be nice if there was a "None" option for 'Associated TS3 Group'.  I say this because I have some secondary groups on my forum that do not have a match on my TS3 Server.

11 hours ago, Ahmad E. said:

Will be added ^_^

Also, please make it default to "None" as defaulting to "Server Admin" (as it currently is) is not good.

Oh, and can you add this as a Profile Field Field Type option?  I would like to allow users to enter their UUID when they register for the site.  Also, am I missing something or is an admin not able to go in and edit or remove a users UUID?

On 5/28/2016 at 1:20 PM, Ahmad E. said:

Planning to add it along with the TS viewer in the next update ^_^ 

Sounds good, one request would be to allow Admin to pick what groups to enforce. 

For example, I only care to force my clan members to do this, I don't mind if non-clan affiliated members don't

51 minutes ago, kotaco said:

Sounds good, one request would be to allow Admin to pick what groups to enforce. 

For example, I only care to force my clan members to do this, I don't mind if non-clan affiliated members don't

I believe the suggestion of "None" (see below) would work for that, unless I am reading your post wrong.

17 hours ago, almax said:

I did not realize it until now, but it would be nice if there was a "None" option for 'Associated TS3 Group'.  I say this because I have some secondary groups on my forum that do not have a match on my TS3 Server.

Then you could set the groups that you do not want to enforce it on to None so it does not effect them.

25 minutes ago, Ahmad E. said:

Most of the features are already as suggested.

Default will be none. Forcing to enter a UUID will be a group setting.

Profile Field, no. But I will be adding an option to show the field on register form.

I don't really think that admins should be able to change a users UUID.

Maybe not change, but remove.  My only concern is that a user will get a hold of another (potentially higher rank) users UUID and then register the other persons UUID as their own to knock that person out of their actual higher rank.  This would then lead to a situation where I can not ban the user because it would ban the actual legit user, and I can not fix the legit user's rank in TS3 because the integration would just knock him back down.

Also, question as to how the ban works.  Does it just ban the UUID or does it add a ban for the IP as well?  I ask because it is very easy to UUID spoof to avoid bans, not AS easy (but still somewhat easy) to bypass the IP ban.

3 hours ago, almax said:

Maybe not change, but remove.  My only concern is that a user will get a hold of another (potentially higher rank) users UUID and then register the other persons UUID as their own to knock that person out of their actual higher rank.  This would then lead to a situation where I can not ban the user because it would ban the actual legit user, and I can not fix the legit user's rank in TS3 because the integration would just knock him back down.

I will see if I can add that in the next release.

3 hours ago, almax said:

Also, question as to how the ban works.  Does it just ban the UUID or does it add a ban for the IP as well?  I ask because it is very easy to UUID spoof to avoid bans, not AS easy (but still somewhat easy) to bypass the IP ban.

Currently it only bans the UUID, it will ban the last known IP (on TS) in the next release too ^_^

5 hours ago, almax said:

How would someone be able to see another users UUID through this app since its all based in account settings rather than profile fields which could be accidentally displayed publicly? 

Thank you for this update. A bug was breaking my automated rules and I was starting to panic moments before you posted it and now everything is resolved!

And boy, when you said force uses, you really meant it! lol. 

I signed in as another user to see what the notification would look like and got trapped in there, wouldn't even let me switch back to admin lol. 

9 hours ago, almax said:

Would it be possible to allow users to enter more than one UUID?  I have some users who connect with either different PC's and/or with their phone.  They then have more than one UUID.

This is planned but will take a while before I can implement it.