Chatbox Extender

BomAle

19 hours ago, Neej said:

Hi @BomAle

Not sure if this would be fixable, minor bug.

If you submit a record to be published at a later date, chatbox extender will automatically post that the record has been submitted and link to it, even though it's hidden on a timer.

Any way to work around this? Not a huge deal but just wanted to see if it would be possible.

see below, soon i fix this and other things... sure within on August. :thumbsup:

On 30/6/2016 at 1:31 AM, BomAle said:

I try to change notification and send when approving if the item is sended as hidden OR when publish(future date) OR item is sended as approved/visible

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Hi @BomAle

Found another bug.

The Forms section in Chatbox Extender does not post anything to the chatbox if you manually select Specific forms.

F1w8bfv.png

With the above forms selected, nothing posts in the chatbox when one of those Forms is posted.
However it does work if you select the 'All Choose in which category enable the extender'

Unfortunately this is not an option for me because I have some private forms which I do not want publicly displayed in the chatbox when someone submits them.

Thanks a lot for this!

Could you add a broadcaster Each amount of messages

For example 

JOIN THE TS3 ts3.comugamers.com

DONT FORGET TO DONATE www.yourcommunity.com/donate

And so on

Also another great addition would be to allow to set an user that will make the announcements. For example I want all the announcments of new posts threads or statuses done by an User witht the name of my website

5 hours ago, kkucharsky said:

Hello, 

After upgrade, when I set up enable all pages, blog and forum, I can't see notifications.

Tell me, is there possible display comments from blog or articles on chatbox? :)

the plugin work when a new content is posted, check also group permissions into same tab and make sure that their group has permission to send notification.

On forthcoming release i add also new post/comment/reviews...

On 3/8/2016 at 1:51 AM, BomAle said:

I try to change notification and send when approving if the item is sended as hidden OR when publish(future date) OR item is sended as approved/visible

Hi @BomAle

One thing I have noticed with the Forms notifications, is that the link it provides in the chatbox doesn't seem to work unless you were the person that submitted the form.

So for example someone else posted a form today, and the URL in the chatbox is 'www.mywebsite.com/forms/confirmation/628/'

However when I try and view this link, it shows this. 

hdMlRNe.png

But if I am the person that submitted the form it will correctly redirect me to the forum thread it creates (as per the settings on my form to redirect after form submit)

I know that the forms application doesn't work in such a way to give direct links to forum threads etc. So how would I go about fixing this? I would be happy with just removing the actual URL on the chatbox so it's more of a notification and not a direct link.

Also a suggestion. Would it be possible to select it to grab the forum thread title that the form creates and display that in the chatbox instead of 'Form Name: Member Name'

Because when someone posts multiples of the same form (which is the case for me when I post promotion forms for members), there is no way to differentiate who the form is for in the chatbox, as it displays my name. 

DP0kHPQ.png

As you can see in the screenshot above, I have posted 2 promotion forms to promote 2 separate people, however it looks like I am promoting myself.

Thanks, keep up the good work with the plugin!

Hi BomAle,

Unfortunately I use my logs as an admin only type thing (displays username, IP address, email address etc), so this change to directly view the logs is even worse for my site. I think I'm just going to edit the .xml file and remove the URL altogether from Forms posts.

Thanks for the quick update though.

Edit: Actually I can't even do that because I think it might remove URL's from all chatbox extender posts. I'm just going to downgrade back to 1.0.3

1 hour ago, BomAle said:

you could edit the xml or set extender for forum where the new topic is created.

Ah sorry, I guess I should report another bug :p

Forms that post threads, the chatbox extender plugin does not recognise these as threads being posted.

That is why I wanted the Forms thing working properly last week, because no notifications come up for Form posted threads.

On 11/11/2016 at 3:38 AM, Neej said:

Ah sorry, I guess I should report another bug :p

Forms that post threads, the chatbox extender plugin does not recognise these as threads being posted.

That is why I wanted the Forms thing working properly last week, because no notifications come up for Form posted threads.

Reworked on 1.0.5, you could now use new topic extender

forthcoming version i will try to add remainder feature like:

• add minimal post count to write in chat
  • automated messages / Bot (based on content / author of last message)
  • module section dedicated.
  • new comments/reviews notification
  • ability to customize the chat message for new item, comments & reviews using IPS Template Syntax
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, kkucharsky said:

It doesn't work on my forum. When I post as administrator or any user I can't see automaticly record on chatbox with information about new topic / record, post or registration. I set up all the option, so what is problem? Where can I look for a problem? 

Did you enable the options in the plugin settings?

Archived