Happy 4.1 users

opentype

My 3.4 to 4.1 upgrade wasn’t a walk in the park. It took me weeks to test everything, solve problems, redo all my IP.Content templates and so on. But now the new site is online and I switched from shared hosting to a managed server at the same time. The site is now running better then ever and despite the expected “getting used to new and changed features” complaints, the users really love it. One just wrote and many agreed:

This is the most user-friendly and modern forum that I know! It’s really fun!

I just wanted to pass this on to IPS, since while directed at me, that quote reflects IPS’ achievements, not mine. 

I'm still in the final stages at planning my 3.4.9 upgrade, and have just been building my first V4 plugins, and I have to say that the more I see of the framework the more impressed I am.  Having bemoaned all of the delays a couple of years ago, I can now see where all of the effort has gone and it was well worth the wait.

• 3 weeks later...

4.1 has a bit of learning curve at first, but overall I am satisfied with Invision Power Board 4.1.x ^_^

My only concern is the editor. CKeditor is not mobile friendly and looking at the tracker, you are running into a lot of the same bugs as found on any CKeditor website.  I think Redactor would have been a much wiser move in my opinion.

Beyond this point, I find no other issue with IPB 4.1 and it was nice to migrate one of my old vBulletin 3 sites to IPB 4.1 ?

On 18/05/2016 at 11:38 AM, opentype said:

One just wrote and many agreed:

This is the most user-friendly and modern forum that I know! It’s really fun!

We have had the same things being said both by users and those viewing the site. I could not be happier with this software and every day I discover something new that makes me say, "God, I love IPS!"

Archived