jQuery Recent Topics Ticker

Hi

Personally no change, same and I will say it is even less than the previous version :(:(

On 4 septembre 2016 at 1:00 AM, pavero said:
I would keep the jQuery effect that changes every X seconds with a subject,

I wish I could do it in five subjects at once ! For example configure the last 20 subject and jQuery effect would change 4 times with a total of 5 subjects!

Clearly instead to change subject by subject , I would like that to change by 5 subjects

Is it possible?

Sorry for my english i do my best

And you have to look for what I had you ask?

Edited by pavero

Hello

It does not work on Chrome and Safari browser, it works on Firefox!

I'll bear me screenshots to understand the situation !

Sans_titre-2.gif

Sans_titre2.gif

6 hours ago, A Zayed said:

This option is not planned in the mean time...

For this option it would be really great that it is integrated into the application thank you in advance .

See you soon on the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @A Zayed

On 04/09/2016 at 10:33 PM, A Zayed said:

Pas encore testé ... ETA vendredi prochain

On 13/09/2016 at 11:30 PM, pavero said:

salut

Personnellement aucun changement, même et je dirai qu'il est encore moins que la version précédente :(:(

Et vous devez regarder ce que je vous avais demandé?

On 13/09/2016 at 11:30 PM, pavero said:

Je garderais le jQuery effet qui change toutes les X secondes avec un sujet, je voudrais pouvoir le faire en cinq sujets à la fois! Par exemple configurer le 20 dernier sujet et jQuery effet changerait 4 fois avec un total de 5 sujets! Il est clair que la place de changer sujet par sujet, je voudrais que pour changer de 5 sujets Est - il possible? Désolé pour mon anglais je fais de mon mieux

Do you plan to always make the above mentioned changes?

Or add functionality to 5 topic scrolling is what it would be possible?

Edited by pavero
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just installed this – a great plug-in, particularly because the movement on the screen is eye-catching and that's helpful.

Here is a feature request – I have to say that I think it's a flaw in the implementation – but this is something I have found in other plug-ins as well where you have an opportunity to select which forums or sub- forums data will be taken from.

Also, I should say that may be for most forums, this is not a problem – but in any forum which is large and which has lots of sub- forums, and this is definitely a problem – and as I've said, this exists with other plug-ins as well.

When you are dealing with well over 100 sub- forums – and several hierarchies, then form selection can be made a lot easier.

To start off with, it would be nice to be able to select top level forum and find all the sub- forums beneath it have been automatically selected. This doesn't happen. You can select a top level forum and all of the child sub- forums still have to be individually selected.
It will be lovely to be able to select a top level forum and then to have the opportunity to deselect the forums or the sub- forums that you don't want to appear.

Here's an example – and this is only a partial shot of all our sub- forums but I had to go through and manually select them all simply to exclude three areas which I definitely didn't want to appear on the slide

image.png.71a37100992dde29b52e96dbc8ed91a0.png 

Maybe we have too many sub- forums! But anyway, this was only about half the list.

If this plug-in – and other plug-ins which permit selection of forums, could bear in mind that some very large websites could do with a way of automatically selecting child sub- forums and also of deselecting forums as well as selecting them.

Other than that, the plug-in is excellent.

3 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

I just installed this – a great plug-in, particularly because the movement on the screen is eye-catching and that's helpful.

Here is a feature request – I have to say that I think it's a flaw in the implementation – but this is something I have found in other plug-ins as well where you have an opportunity to select which forums or sub- forums data will be taken from.

Also, I should say that may be for most forums, this is not a problem – but in any forum which is large and which has lots of sub- forums, and this is definitely a problem – and as I've said, this exists with other plug-ins as well.

When you are dealing with well over 100 sub- forums – and several hierarchies, then form selection can be made a lot easier.

To start off with, it would be nice to be able to select top level forum and find all the sub- forums beneath it have been automatically selected. This doesn't happen. You can select a top level forum and all of the child sub- forums still have to be individually selected.
It will be lovely to be able to select a top level forum and then to have the opportunity to deselect the forums or the sub- forums that you don't want to appear.

Here's an example – and this is only a partial shot of all our sub- forums but I had to go through and manually select them all simply to exclude three areas which I definitely didn't want to appear on the slide

image.png.71a37100992dde29b52e96dbc8ed91a0.png 

Maybe we have too many sub- forums! But anyway, this was only about half the list.

If this plug-in – and other plug-ins which permit selection of forums, could bear in mind that some very large websites could do with a way of automatically selecting child sub- forums and also of deselecting forums as well as selecting them.

Other than that, the plug-in is excellent.

This should be a core software feature, I'd recommend posting this in feedback section... 

From my side, to over come this problem, I'd add an option that controls forums selection (to select or deselect). 

That would probably do the trick I expect.

Yes, I agree that it probably is a core software feature because as I said, this is an issue which occurs in other plug-ins where you have the option to select sub- forums.

Anyway, if in a future revision you have an opportunity to select or deselect then that would be really helpful.

Maybe other third-party developers could take a cue from this.

Also, – maybe another feature request – is there any way to get two sliders working at the same time?

• 7 months later...