Jump to content

Significant drop in GA pageviews


Gabriel Touchette

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Gabriel Touchette said:

Do you think that the AJAX component is the sole responsible for this massive drop in page views?

It will have made a considerable difference, though I don't know whether it can account for all of the drop - it depends on your site. The best way to tell is to see if the view count recovers once it's disabled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I have been upgrading within 5 days at the release so it has been always latest........... but the site traffic has been increasing ... I was wondering y parevenue was  decreasing and then realized decrease in page views. and today saw this post so trying to co relate 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Saurabh Jain said:

I have been upgrading within 5 days at the release so it has been always latest........... but the site traffic has been increasing ... I was wondering y parevenue was  decreasing and then realized decrease in page views. and today saw this post so trying to co relate 

Sorry I meant what forum system were you using before the drop? or did you notice a drop between IPB v4 versions? (aka 4.0.X to 4.1.X)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ZeroHour said:

Sorry I meant what forum system were you using before the drop? or did you notice a drop between IPB v4 versions? (aka 4.0.X to 4.1.X)

Not sure... but this drop started from April first week, and so whichever was latest at that moment....

IPS upgrades are so fast   not easy to recall...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Saurabh Jain said:

Not sure... but this drop started from April first week, and so whichever was latest at that moment....

IPS upgrades are so fast   not easy to recall...

If you had a drop between say 4.1.1 - 4.1.2 (aka minor version) then its possible its a google traffic drop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/1/2016 at 6:33 AM, Saurabh Jain said:

What will be the solution?

You will need to drill into Google Analytics to confirm the sources of your traffic but if its mostly caused by lack of traffic from Google I would check Googles webmaster tools and see if it reports any errors/issues. If it doesnt and google has tweaked the search algorithm then there is little you can do sadly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I think this was supposed to fix any pageview issues: 

Especially judging from this in the comments:

On 2016-11-15 at 2:55 PM, Rikki said:
On 2016-11-15 at 10:58 AM, Jirinex said:

Does this mean that all this time our page views were wrong?

Edit: Reason I am asking is that when we migrated from vbulletin, we lost around 40 to 60% of our pageviews, and we never got that back. 

 

They weren't 'wrong' per se, but Google Analytics wouldn't track dynamic pages by default, and since we use ajax to load a lot of content in IPS4, those actions wouldn't count as a view. That goes a long way towards explaining why you'd see a drop in overall page views.

This change will enable those dynamic page views to be tracked.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...