Integration with Twitter Cards

Morrigan

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, Jimmy Gavekort said:

Still no feature to do so? Seems like the index works, not store.

It’s meant to work on individual items. Twitter specifically disallows a general use. There is nothing to preview for a storefront for example – if anything, it should show the data for a specific product. 

7 minutes ago, opentype said:

It’s meant to work on individual items. Twitter specifically disallows a general use. There is nothing to preview for a storefront for example – if anything, it should show the data for a specific product. 

It should have a fallback that would say "JustGaming - Store" then an image, like it shows on the frontend (It's a theme setting). All pages should have those tags, if there are nothing then perhaps use og:url - it looks bad otherwise to only have certain pages :P 

On 10/31/2018 at 1:53 PM, opentype said:

That might be your opinion, but as I already pointed out, it is not what Twitter says who controls this service. 

It's basic SEO things that you need to have, all pages should have those tags anyways. And if there is nothing, have a fallback.

4 minutes ago, opentype said:

A TwitterCard is basic SEO? Come on! Now you just make stuff up. 

Woah, first of all og:title is missing which is why the card isn't even rendering. Same with og:image 🙂 that has nothing to do with twitter.

Aaaand to be completely honest, Twitter & Facebook is the biggest social networks out there right now - so indeed, it should be supported by default 😉 

http://ogp.me/

Edited by Jimmy Gavekort

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Gavekort said:

that has nothing to do with twitter.

Then maybe don’t complain about it in a topic specifically about TwitterCard support. 

Aaaand to be completely honest, Twitter & Facebook is the biggest social networks out there right now 

What has that do do with anything? I specifically explained to you that Twitter forbids the generic fallback data you want for Twitter cards. Feel free to address that argument, research it out yourself or proof me wrong if you can. But it makes no sense to just ignore that fact/argument and just keep repeating “it should be supported” as if what I said hasn’t been said at all.  

By the way: there is a meta tag section in the ACP where you can set any custom tag you want for any specific URL of your site, e.g. your store front. 

Edited by opentype

1 hour ago, opentype said:

Then maybe don’t complain about it in a topic specifically about TwitterCard support. 

What has that do do with anything? I specifically explained to you that Twitter forbids the generic fallback data you want for Twitter cards. Feel free to address that argument, research it out yourself or proof me wrong if you can. But it makes no sense to just ignore that fact/argument and just keep repeating “it should be supported” as if what I said hasn’t been said at all.  

By the way: there is a meta tag section in the ACP where you can set any custom tag you want for any specific URL of your site, e.g. your store front. 

Twitter card is a great way to show that it's not functional as we'd expect it to be. Sure there is a meta tag section, but sounds kind of old that you have to manually set meta tags fore ach page.. Especially og:image would take forever to manually update per page, as that could change dynamically.

og:title should not be missing on any page whatsoever. If it is, I suspect that might be an issue with a custom theme.

og:image will be present on every single page so long as you upload a default image (edit your theme and visit the Logos tab to upload a default social sharer image, which will be overridden when there is a more specific or appropriate image throughout the site).

Twitter cards themselves have been implemented, but naturally it will depend on the context of each individual page which tags are produced.

On 11/2/2018 at 2:04 PM, bfarber said:

og:title should not be missing on any page whatsoever. If it is, I suspect that might be an issue with a custom theme.

og:image will be present on every single page so long as you upload a default image (edit your theme and visit the Logos tab to upload a default social sharer image, which will be overridden when there is a more specific or appropriate image throughout the site).

Twitter cards themselves have been implemented, but naturally it will depend on the context of each individual page which tags are produced.

Hi,

It was missing on the default theme for me, I had to manually add it through meta tags editor. The og:image was also missing, both on custom and default on this page and some others.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/2/2019 at 11:22 AM, BankFodder said:

I configured Twitter cards on my site and I can't remember where I place the code. I want to change it. Can anybody tell me where the code should be placed for Twitter cards please?

same problem

8 hours ago, Stuart Silvester said:

You can enable Twitter cards by going to AdminCP > System > Settings> General Configuration and enter your sites Twitter handle in the box

I think you may have missed the point. Configuring it to the extent of activating it is not a problem. It's a question of then making slight modifications in the code and he doesn't know where to go to do that. That was my problem a long time ago – and I eventually found it on my own – and now I can't remember where it is